watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin Contract

Started by South Coast White, March 24, 2024, 07:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

So with speculation that the club is trying hard to get Tosin to sign a new contract, what do we think he would be open too.

Personally I think it will need to be good enough to keep him away from the hyenas that are hunting around him at present.

My offer would be 100K WEEK and make him club Captain.

Anymore than that he can go.

demeant0r

I don't think he has a big enough presence to be club captain. That should stay with TC until he retires.

alfie

Quote from: demeant0r on March 24, 2024, 07:32:26 PMI don't think he has a big enough presence to be club captain. That should stay with TC until he retires.
I wouldn't say TC has a great presence as a captain, great footballer, but he does not appear to push the team.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

btffc

Probably 80k with a significant loyalty bonus would be my offer. Keeps the wages down to not break the wage structure too much but still gets a large amount of money with bonus. Basically pay him some of the transfer fee that would be required to replace him.

Don't think you just make him captain and supplant TC and Ream like that. Maybe bump him up 3rd captain so he takes over when they leave, but I'm also not sure if he is the captain type. Leno being chosen over him in the Spurs game indicates Marco doesn't think that highly of his ability to be captain as he should have been next in line by seniority.

H4usuallysitting

I think 2 bob & a Mars bar should be the clincher...plus he gets use of the companies sit up and beg

The Old Count

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 24, 2024, 07:39:42 PMI think 2 bob & a Mars bar should be the clincher...plus he gets use of the companies sit up and beg
Use of a Ford Popular should be the clincher.

Nick Bateman

He may have had his head turned by Tottenham, but he may not be a regular starter in their team as he is in Fulham. And Fulham are showing ambition, pushing for Europe after a poor start beating Arsenal, Man.U and Spurs most recently. An improved contract perhaps but he should be warey of what happened to Carvalho when he thought the grass was greener elsewhere and now he's on loan at HULL.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Fulham 442

I think if he was going to sign a new contract with us it would have been announced by now as it would seem the deal has been on the table a while now. Just a shame not just to lose an excellent player but not to be able to recoup anything either...

MikeTheCubed

Uppercase title got me excited for a second there.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on March 24, 2024, 09:29:11 PMUppercase title got me excited for a second there.
Yes, no need for it imo - probably to get a reaction!
 ::angry::

Nero

Don't think he good enough for a top 6 side, too many lapses of concentration

Lighthouse

Tosin has wanted to go for a very long time. He clearly doesn't want to stay and no pay or no promise will keep him here. It is a shame but something that we have known for some time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

St Eve

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 24, 2024, 11:24:43 PMTosin has wanted to go for a very long time. He clearly doesn't want to stay and no pay or no promise will keep him here. It is a shame but something that we have known for some time.
It is a shame. Particularly since we took a relatively unknown from City and turned him into a bona fide player. If he wants to go so be it, but it's a shame that we don't get anything out of it.

Tabby

Quote from: St Eve on March 25, 2024, 12:14:36 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 24, 2024, 11:24:43 PMTosin has wanted to go for a very long time. He clearly doesn't want to stay and no pay or no promise will keep him here. It is a shame but something that we have known for some time.
It is a shame. Particularly since we took a relatively unknown from City and turned him into a bona fide player. If he wants to go so be it, but it's a shame that we don't get anything out of it.

At least we didn't pay much and a large chunk of any fee we received would likely end up with Manchester City if we got anything.

tonynorton

He wants to play at the highest level, more importantly he thinks he is good enough to play at that level. He would be a squad player at best in the prem for any of the top six. I think he would flourish in the Italian and French leagues.

He stayed with us through relegation, he has done his time. I'd be gutted if he left, but I wouldn't blame him.

RaySmith

Quote from: tonynorton on March 25, 2024, 07:35:07 AMHe wants to play at the highest level, more importantly he thinks he is good enough to play at that level. He would be a squad player at best in the prem for any of the top six. I think he would flourish in the Italian and French leagues.

He stayed with us through relegation, he has done his time. I'd be gutted if he left, but I wouldn't blame him.

Good post.

Don't think I'd blame any player  if they wanted to leave - who knows all the reasons anyway.

It's part of the game these days anyway- players seldom stay long at clubs, with the potential  earnings on offer, and maybe the chance of winning honours.
And  a club like Fulham tends to lose their top players to the big boys who dominate everything.

But, I expect a player to give his all every time he puts the White shirt on, and I think Tosin does that.

Volz

Quote from: RaySmith on March 25, 2024, 07:49:43 AMGood post.

Don't think I'd blame any player  if they wanted to leave - who knows all the reasons anyway.

It's part of the game these days anyway- players seldom stay long at clubs, with the potential  earnings on offer, and maybe the chance of winning honours.
And  a club like Fulham tends to lose their top players to the big boys who dominate everything.

But, I expect a player to give his all every time he puts the White shirt on, and I think Tosin does that.

Very good post.

Tosin has ambitions to play for a top club, and has been doing excellent for us to prove that he is capable. Unfortunately running down his contract as well, likely forfeiting a massive salary increase for a couple of years to increase his chances of getting picked up by any top club in any European top league. He's entitled to so, and if it works out for him I'd even say it was objectively smart to do so.
He's given us his all, in every match. I believe there is nothing Fulham can do to keep him, as his mind is set on progressing his career on bigger arenas, it's not about the money at all.

If I am wrong, and he stays, I will be very positively surprised.
If he goes, I wish him the very best of luck, and I will always look back at his time with us fondly.