watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next season transfer window

Started by MickTheBeard, March 25, 2024, 05:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

It will not be an easy transfer window next season with tosin if he goes we might have to sell say palhinha if 30mill is as some say our budget that's two to buy and we haven't improved with another back up fullback and hopefully a goalscoring midfielder and a forward and getting reed and tete to resign at the moment that's money to spend others might need shifting like vicious harrison read and rodak it will be tight maybe pierera are will go too.It won't be easy as we must improve as the teams coming up are stronger than the ones going down.

Sting of the North

If we do sell Palhinha, we wouldn't need money from the alleged 30 million budget to replace him, since I assume we won't give him away for free.

Mullers OG

We might need a clear out of some fringe players to save salaries. Vinicius and DR are two potential exits. Rodak will presumably move on if offered a first team spot elsewhere. Decisions will need to be made on Godo, Stansfield and Bowie. Personally I'm quite positive. We are beginning to put together a very impressive squad.

SP

Quote from: Mullers OG on March 25, 2024, 07:08:46 PMWe might need a clear out of some fringe players to save salaries. Vinicius and DR are two potential exits. Rodak will presumably move on if offered a first team spot elsewhere. Decisions will need to be made on Godo, Stansfield and Bowie. Personally I'm quite positive. We are beginning to put together a very impressive squad.

Sounds about right to me.

Personally, I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season & leave the squad decisions & transfers to the powers that be.

hovewhite

Leave it to silva and TK it will be fine.

peachcobbler

TK is trying to build the Riverside into an entertainment and corporate area. The vast majority of that pull only works if we are in the Prem, go down and it hugely undermines the ability to sell to tourists, corporates, and people who want Prem entertainment as a neutral fan.

Obviously FFP has to make sense, but if it's just a question of TK putting the money down to improve the squad. It's the only way his plan works.

Penfold

Quote from: peachcobbler on March 25, 2024, 08:49:54 PMTK is trying to build the Riverside into an entertainment and corporate area. The vast majority of that pull only works if we are in the Prem, go down and it hugely undermines the ability to sell to tourists, corporates, and people who want Prem entertainment as a neutral fan.

Obviously FFP has to make sense, but if it's just a question of TK putting the money down to improve the squad. It's the only way his plan works.

I seem to recall TK saying that the Riverside development wasn't something he was involved with?

Eton White

Quote from: MickTheBeard on March 25, 2024, 05:56:48 PMIt will not be an easy transfer window next season with tosin if he goes we might have to sell say palhinha if 30mill is as some say our budget that's two to buy and we haven't improved with another back up fullback and hopefully a goalscoring midfielder and a forward and getting reed and tete to resign at the moment that's money to spend others might need shifting like vicious harrison read and rodak it will be tight maybe pierera are will go too.It won't be easy as we must improve as the teams coming up are stronger than the ones going down.

He's a feisty little midfielder for sure, but vicious? Think that's a bit harsh.

peachcobbler

Quote from: Penfold on March 25, 2024, 09:06:39 PM
Quote from: peachcobbler on March 25, 2024, 08:49:54 PMTK is trying to build the Riverside into an entertainment and corporate area. The vast majority of that pull only works if we are in the Prem, go down and it hugely undermines the ability to sell to tourists, corporates, and people who want Prem entertainment as a neutral fan.

I seem to recall TK saying that the Riverside development wasn't something he was involved with?

What context? There are obviously things he might not be directly involved with (maybe say picking the developer), but the idea that he is not at all involved and has nothing to do with the Riverside development is just utterly false.

Penfold

Quote from: peachcobbler on March 25, 2024, 11:00:59 PM

What context? There are obviously things he might not be directly involved with (maybe say picking the developer), but the idea that he is not at all involved and has nothing to do with the Riverside development is just utterly false.

He actually said so in an interview a few years back.

The Old Count

Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 09:02:28 AM

Yes but that doesn't count as it gets in the way of a pop at TK. And we can't have a MTB thread without one of those.

Penfold

Quote from: The Old Count on March 26, 2024, 09:18:02 AM
Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 09:02:28 AM

Yes but that doesn't count as it gets in the way of a pop at TK. And we can't have a MTB thread without one of those.

How is stating that in an interview he gave, TK said that the Riverside project wasn't on his remit, is a pop at TK?

H4usuallysitting

Some will come some will go....just enjoy what we've currently got

filham

We must start the summer window on the back foot with big clubs trying to poach Robinson, Palhinha and Tosin. We will go right up to window closing day in finding replacements for those three.

Thailand Mick

Don't see any reason why we should sell anyone, buy two strikers to play across the front line and replace Tosin who I think will leave. A back up left back and we are good to go. I read on a different post that some people seem to think we will only have approx 30m to spend which seems very low too me, we will definitely have 22m which is the difference in allowable loss's between the premier league and the championship + 3m for every position we finish higher in the table which could be 30m+.

jayffc

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 26, 2024, 11:16:24 AMDon't see any reason why we should sell anyone, buy two strikers to play across the front line and replace Tosin who I think will leave. A back up left back and we are good to go. I read on a different post that some people seem to think we will only have approx 30m to spend which seems very low too me, we will definitely have 22m which is the difference in allowable loss's between the premier league and the championship + 3m for every position we finish higher in the table which could be 30m+.

I don't think it would be by choice.

We're likely to see big bids for at least:

Palhinha
Robinson

Tosin as you say is likely to move on it seems.

Then we might also see good bids for players who may be interested in moving like Tete who isn't getting game time and is more than worthy of being a starter at a great club. We might not want him to leave but that could be by the by if we're starting Castagne still, he might decide to push for a move.

Outside chance we see a move for Pereira too but I'm hopeful he stays. If Muniz carries on his form till the end of the season we might even see a tempting bid there, but I feel confident he stays as he seems a good-hearted guy who I get the sense will want to repay Marco and the club for the faith they've shown him.

filham

Quote from: jayffc on March 26, 2024, 11:46:34 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 26, 2024, 11:16:24 AMDon't see any reason why we should sell anyone, buy two strikers to play across the front line and replace Tosin who I think will leave. A back up left back and we are good to go. I read on a different post that some people seem to think we will only have approx 30m to spend which seems very low too me, we will definitely have 22m which is the difference in allowable loss's between the premier league and the championship + 3m for every position we finish higher in the table which could be 30m+.

I don't think it would be by choice.

We're likely to see big bids for at least:

Palhinha
Robinson

Tosin as you say is likely to move on it seems.

Then we might also see good bids for players who may be interested in moving like Tete who isn't getting game time and is more than worthy of being a starter at a great club. We might not want him to leave but that could be by the by if we're starting Castagne still, he might decide to push for a move.

Outside chance we see a move for Pereira too but I'm hopeful he stays. If Muniz carries on his form till the end of the season we might even see a tempting bid there, but I feel confident he stays as he seems a good-hearted guy who I get the sense will want to repay Marco and the club for the faith they've shown him.

If Muniz continues to score a goal a match until the end of the season the queue to sign him would stretch from the Cottage to Fulham Palace Road with each erson prepared to pay an amount that would be a club record.

Thailand Mick

Personally I cant see anyone paying 60m for Palhinha now and I Wouldn't even contemplate selling Robinson who is on A five year contract for the rumoured 35m.Everton want 70m for Branthwaite so that should be the ball park figure, remember Chelsea paid Brighton 60m for their fullback. We do need to tie down Muniz to a long term contract and hopefully his experience from the Middlesborough loan will show it doesn't always work out elsewhere.

Angus Telford

Not sure how TK, ie the chairman, can not be "involved" in the biggest project/expenditure that's happened in the decade he's been in charge, suspect he was just referring to the day-to-day running of it, although that does beg the question why he hasn't sacked Mackintosh for that debacle....

Also cannot believe our budget will be limited to anything remotely like £30m, should be more like £100m given our relative frugality in the last couple of seasons

Priorities IMO:

- Keep/replace Tosin, Robinson and Palhinha

- Replace Mitrovic (possibly a youngster with potential will do, or even a Broja loan extension, given the emergence of Muniz)

- Bring in a quality forward, all of Cairney/Reid/Perreira/Wilson/Willian are going to be questionable in terms of age and/or quality if we want to push on

Penfold

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 26, 2024, 01:59:24 PMNot sure how TK, ie the chairman, can not be "involved" in the biggest project/expenditure that's happened in the decade he's been in charge, suspect he was just referring to the day-to-day running of it, although that does beg the question why he hasn't sacked Mackintosh for that debacle....

Also cannot believe our budget will be limited to anything remotely like £30m, should be more like £100m given our relative frugality in the last couple of seasons

Priorities IMO:

- Keep/replace Tosin, Robinson and Palhinha

- Replace Mitrovic (possibly a youngster with potential will do, or even a Broja loan extension, given the emergence of Muniz)

- Bring in a quality forward, all of Cairney/Reid/Perreira/Wilson/Willian are going to be questionable in terms of age and/or quality if we want to push on

TK is chairman? News to me. When did Shahid Khan stand down?