watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next season transfer window

Started by MickTheBeard, March 25, 2024, 05:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Palhinha is worth twice £30m. I'd have hinm closer to £80m.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

The Old Count

Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 09:24:43 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on March 26, 2024, 09:18:02 AM
Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 09:02:28 AM
Quote from: peachcobbler on March 25, 2024, 11:00:59 PM
Quote from: Penfold on March 25, 2024, 09:06:39 PM
Quote from: peachcobbler on March 25, 2024, 08:49:54 PMTK is trying to build the Riverside into an entertainment and corporate area. The vast majority of that pull only works if we are in the Prem, go down and it hugely undermines the ability to sell to tourists, corporates, and people who want Prem entertainment as a neutral fan.

Obviously FFP has to make sense, but if it's just a question of TK putting the money down to improve the squad. It's the only way his plan works.

I seem to recall TK saying that the Riverside development wasn't something he was involved with?

What context? There are obviously things he might not be directly involved with (maybe say picking the developer), but the idea that he is not at all involved and has nothing to do with the Riverside development is just utterly false.

He actually said so in an interview a few years back.
Yes but that doesn't count as it gets in the way of a pop at TK. And we can't have a MTB thread without one of those.

How is stating that in an interview he gave, TK said that the Riverside project wasn't on his remit, is a pop at TK?
It isn't. I was referring to the comment by the previous poster not your entirely correct comment.

Angus Telford

Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 02:06:00 PM
Quote from: Angus Telford on March 26, 2024, 01:59:24 PMNot sure how TK, ie the chairman, can not be "involved" in the biggest project/expenditure that's happened in the decade he's been in charge, suspect he was just referring to the day-to-day running of it, although that does beg the question why he hasn't sacked Mackintosh for that debacle....

Also cannot believe our budget will be limited to anything remotely like £30m, should be more like £100m given our relative frugality in the last couple of seasons

Priorities IMO:

- Keep/replace Tosin, Robinson and Palhinha

- Replace Mitrovic (possibly a youngster with potential will do, or even a Broja loan extension, given the emergence of Muniz)

- Bring in a quality forward, all of Cairney/Reid/Perreira/Wilson/Willian are going to be questionable in terms of age and/or quality if we want to push on

TK is chairman? News to me. When did Shahid Khan stand down?

Sorry, for formality please do replace the casual shorthand "Chairman" with the following (TK's own Twitter bio), not sure it affects the point being made but happy to hear if/how it does....

"Owner/Director of Football/General Manager/Sporting Director"

Penfold

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 26, 2024, 03:56:48 PM
Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 02:06:00 PM
Quote from: Angus Telford on March 26, 2024, 01:59:24 PMNot sure how TK, ie the chairman, can not be "involved" in the biggest project/expenditure that's happened in the decade he's been in charge, suspect he was just referring to the day-to-day running of it, although that does beg the question why he hasn't sacked Mackintosh for that debacle....

Also cannot believe our budget will be limited to anything remotely like £30m, should be more like £100m given our relative frugality in the last couple of seasons

Priorities IMO:

- Keep/replace Tosin, Robinson and Palhinha

- Replace Mitrovic (possibly a youngster with potential will do, or even a Broja loan extension, given the emergence of Muniz)

- Bring in a quality forward, all of Cairney/Reid/Perreira/Wilson/Willian are going to be questionable in terms of age and/or quality if we want to push on

TK is chairman? News to me. When did Shahid Khan stand down?

Sorry, for formality please do replace the casual shorthand "Chairman" with the following (TK's own Twitter bio), not sure it affects the point being made but happy to hear if/how it does....

"Owner/Director of Football/General Manager/Sporting Director"

My general take on the Riverside project (which should probably be on a different thread) is that at owner level, Shahid Khan is the driving force as he's been involved in property developments in USA.

Nick Bateman

Retaining our loanees would be my target for the next trasnfer window and securing a new deal for Adarabioyo Tosin (had to google that one). So that would mean Fulham keep Adama Traore and Armando Broja. We update any other expiring contracts and finish building the Riverside. Any players we sell, like Palhinha we replace in kind.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Penfold

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 26, 2024, 04:20:32 PMRetaining our loanees would be my target for the next trasnfer window and securing a new deal for Adarabioyo Tosin (had to google that one). So that would mean Fulham keep Adama Traore and Armando Broja. We update any other expiring contracts and finish building the Riverside. Any players we sell, like Palhinha we replace in kind.

Traore not on loan, left Wolves at end of his contract and signed for Fulham. Not sure how long his contract is.

LC

Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 04:34:14 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 26, 2024, 04:20:32 PMRetaining our loanees would be my target for the next trasnfer window and securing a new deal for Adarabioyo Tosin (had to google that one). So that would mean Fulham keep Adama Traore and Armando Broja. We update any other expiring contracts and finish building the Riverside. Any players we sell, like Palhinha we replace in kind.

Traore not on loan, left Wolves at end of his contract and signed for Fulham. Not sure how long his contract is.

I believe it's the summer of 2025, with the club holding an option to further extend by 12 months

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Penfold on March 26, 2024, 04:34:14 PM

Adama two year contract ends June 2025

General

Quote from: hovewhite on March 25, 2024, 07:29:08 PMLeave it to silva and TK it will be fine.

It wasn't fine for a large part of last summer and many were very negative going into the start of the season, and results were pretty poor until Silva salvaged it and got everyone going again. We were looking over our shoulders at the relegation places and worried we'd get sucked into it earlier this season.

This summer we're still waiting on Tosin, BDR, Tete to sign new contracts.. we've got rumours about Palhinha going and Willian saying he's making a decision on where he plays next at the end of the season.

This summer is going to be pivotal for the club, silva is very competent and ambitious and has been promised backing, but we're at risk of losing key players who have a big influence on our team, and a time we really should be consolidating our existing squad and pushing on.

Now why is Willian saying he may move on, why haven't Tosin, BDR or Tete signed new deals..?

These aren't the positive signs we want to hear.. and what's worse, it looks like we'll be having transfer sagas again and again.

Meanwhile, Cairney and Ream are getting older and playing less..

Add it all together and you're looking at quite a big core of our squad being overhauled, and the key players from our current and more recent history potentially moving on if we don't get this right.

Don't get it right and the best manager we've had in a while may also be tempted by other clubs.

We are typically very slow in sorting deals and doing our transfer business.. the responsibility of which lies with Ali Mac and the Khans.. much to the ire of the fans and managers we've had..

The club needs to smash this summer out of the ballpark, especially if they're going to keep an increasingly jaded fan base happy given the sky high prices they're charging.

btffc

Quote from: General on March 27, 2024, 03:10:29 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on March 25, 2024, 07:29:08 PMLeave it to silva and TK it will be fine.

It wasn't fine for a large part of last summer and many were very negative going into the start of the season, and results were pretty poor until Silva salvaged it and got everyone going again. We were looking over our shoulders at the relegation places and worried we'd get sucked into it earlier this season.

This summer we're still waiting on Tosin, BDR, Tete to sign new contracts.. we've got rumours about Palhinha going and Willian saying he's making a decision on where he plays next at the end of the season.

This summer is going to be pivotal for the club, silva is very competent and ambitious and has been promised backing, but we're at risk of losing key players who have a big influence on our team, and a time we really should be consolidating our existing squad and pushing on.

Now why is Willian saying he may move on, why haven't Tosin, BDR or Tete signed new deals..?

These aren't the positive signs we want to hear.. and what's worse, it looks like we'll be having transfer sagas again and again.

Meanwhile, Cairney and Ream are getting older and playing less..

Add it all together and you're looking at quite a big core of our squad being overhauled, and the key players from our current and more recent history potentially moving on if we don't get this right.

Don't get it right and the best manager we've had in a while may also be tempted by other clubs.

We are typically very slow in sorting deals and doing our transfer business.. the responsibility of which lies with Ali Mac and the Khans.. much to the ire of the fans and managers we've had..

The club needs to smash this summer out of the ballpark, especially if they're going to keep an increasingly jaded fan base happy given the sky high prices they're charging.

For Willian, I think this is probably tactical. He signs now and he is obligated to show up on day 1 of preseason training. If he waits until the middle of July, he gets a few extra weeks off that he can spend on vacation with his family. His children are at the age where he would start to prioritize that.

We have a club option on Tete so not sure exactly what the plan is there. Maybe we are willing to let him go if we identify someone we like better but Fulham holds the power there.

For BDR, I'm thinking we are going to just let him go and find another winger/bring Stansfield back. He's not someone that would be in super high demand so if we really wanted to get a deal done we probably could. Pls he will still probably be available decently far into the offseason if we fail to get a good replacement.

With Tosin, I think this week will be very key. With the international break and him not called up, both Fulham and Tosin would be able to focus on ironing out our best contract offer. If we don't hear anything by the end of next week then it should be safe to say he has rejected our offer and intends to test the open market so we can start focusing on finding another RCB.

Marco has an extremely high hit rate on transfers since he has been here so I'm confident in his ability to bring in any replacements necessary even if it does take longer than I'd like.

Hatch007

General, I hope I never get stuck in a lift with you, Mr Glass-half-empty.

We've beaten three of the traditional top six this season and general opinion is we have the strongest squad we've had in years.

A club of our size and history in terms of silverware is always going to attract interest in key players that perform well. You seem to deem that a negative but it's not the club's fault if top clubs make bids for our best players. Quite the opposite in fact. It's vindication of their recruitment and managerial appointment given Marco's major role in the improvement of so many players.

Shahid Khan has proved himself not to be one that cashes in on our best players at the first opportunity. We certainly aren't a "selling club" these days in the traditional sense of the term. If we do end up selling, it will only be because players want to leave and/or the clubs requirement to adhere to the new FFP.

The Rational Fan

We have 20 players from this squad with contracts for next season. The first step is to work out how many of them are premier league starters and squad players. Additions can help but only if they are made in the right areas and are genuine upgrades.

General

Quote from: Hatch007 on March 27, 2024, 03:37:54 AMGeneral, I hope I never get stuck in a lift with you, Mr Glass-half-empty.

We've beaten three of the traditional top six this season and general opinion is we have the strongest squad we've had in years.

A club of our size and history in terms of silverware is always going to attract interest in key players that perform well. You seem to deem that a negative but it's not the club's fault if top clubs make bids for our best players. Quite the opposite in fact. It's vindication of their recruitment and managerial appointment given Marco's major role in the improvement of so many players.

Shahid Khan has proved himself not to be one that cashes in on our best players at the first opportunity. We certainly aren't a "selling club" these days in the traditional sense of the term. If we do end up selling, it will only be because players want to leave and/or the clubs requirement to adhere to the new FFP.

Haha. Don't worry, I'd be fun/good to be with if stuck in a lift. Just stating obvious stuff though re outgoings and players positions so far.

Chutney

Quote from: Penfold on March 25, 2024, 09:06:39 PM
Quote from: peachcobbler on March 25, 2024, 08:49:54 PMTK is trying to build the Riverside into an entertainment and corporate area. The vast majority of that pull only works if we are in the Prem, go down and it hugely undermines the ability to sell to tourists, corporates, and people who want Prem entertainment as a neutral fan.

Obviously FFP has to make sense, but if it's just a question of TK putting the money down to improve the squad. It's the only way his plan works.

I seem to recall TK saying that the Riverside development wasn't something he was involved with?

Wouldn't believe a word that comes out of TK's mouth, I'd like to think he's not involved, but he loves to meddle where he isn't needed.
C O Y W

colinwhite

Well despite all the criticism of the owners and our recruitment in general, I think the club (the khans ,board,Silva  or whoever has been the driving force ) have done a fantastic job in getting quality players into the club over the last 4 or 5 years.
Starting with the recruitment of Silva and finishing the signings of Bassey ,Lukic,castagne and Jimenez for very reasonable money the start of the season ,it's looking pretty good from where Im sitting. well done to all responsible and it fills me with faith that they will get it right again this summer . Of course there are issues to resolve , but I can't see Marco silva not being given the backing he deserves .

St. Andrews White

Replacing or retaining Paulinha, Jedi, Tosin and Willian absolutely has to be the priority. I think whoever of them do go, the replacements should be in the younger age bracket to bring down the average age of the squad.

Beyond that, depends really on any other outgoings as others have said eg BDR, Tete, Reed and Vini.

I think it'll be a baptism of fire this transfer window, but actually we normally hit true these days on transfers so I trust the club to do what's right for us. Even if we leave business late to get those better deals I think it'll be worth it. It certainly won't be dull!
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

alfie

Quote from: St. Andrews White on March 28, 2024, 12:43:23 PMReplacing or retaining Paulinha, Jedi, Tosin and Willian absolutely has to be the priority. I think whoever of them do go, the replacements should be in the younger age bracket to bring down the average age of the squad.

Beyond that, depends really on any other outgoings as others have said eg BDR, Tete, Reed and Vini.

I think it'll be a baptism of fire this transfer window, but actually we normally hit true these days on transfers so I trust the club to do what's right for us. Even if we leave business late to get those better deals I think it'll be worth it. It certainly won't be dull!
We have to do business that falls within FFP, so may have to go for older players or players of a lot less quality.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Quote from: colinwhite on March 27, 2024, 10:35:30 AMWell despite all the criticism of the owners and our recruitment in general, I think the club (the khans ,board,Silva  or whoever has been the driving force ) have done a fantastic job in getting quality players into the club over the last 4 or 5 years.
Starting with the recruitment of Silva and finishing the signings of Bassey ,Lukic,castagne and Jimenez for very reasonable money the start of the season ,it's looking pretty good from where Im sitting. well done to all responsible and it fills me with faith that they will get it right again this summer . Of course there are issues to resolve , but I can't see Marco silva not being given the backing he deserves .
there is no pleasing some people I am used to it.

filham

If the rumours about clubs facing points deductions for breaking spending rules are anywhere near the truth we can expect most clubs to be spending money on lawyers and accountants next season instead of players.