watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good publicity for the new Riverside Stand

Started by Nick Bateman, March 27, 2024, 03:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJW48361

I Wonder if the Club will scrap the 65+ ticket Concession.They Wouldn't would they?

Roberty

There is always a demand for luxury, just look at the number of multi thousand pound per night hotels in London and so many top notch restaurants too. There is also no prize for second place and SK has certainly fulfilled his promise to make it a unique experience worthy of our riverside setting with architecture to match.

Of course the hospitality is not for the "average joe", it was never intended to be and the exclusivity is what will make it sell As a bonus for all of this we now also have a stand where the seating is comfortable and the facilities for the non-hospitality fans is also going to be vastly improved.

True these seats are priced into the several thousands but in all honesty how much do many of us spend on a vacation these days. Bournemouth with a bucket and spade is still popular but a good numbers of us want more than that and will pay for it.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

St Eve

Quote from: Roberty on March 28, 2024, 10:49:33 AMThere is always a demand for luxury, just look at the number of multi thousand pound per night hotels in London and so many top notch restaurants too. There is also no prize for second place and SK has certainly fulfilled his promise to make it a unique experience worthy of our riverside setting with architecture to match.

Of course the hospitality is not for the "average joe", it was never intended to be and the exclusivity is what will make it sell As a bonus for all of this we now also have a stand where the seating is comfortable and the facilities for the non-hospitality fans is also going to be vastly improved.

True these seats are priced into the several thousands but in all honesty how much do many of us spend on a vacation these days. Bournemouth with a bucket and spade is still popular but a good numbers of us want more than that and will pay for it.
Well said. Whether we like it or not this is the future. Any income that can be generated from our iconic ground and location should be capitalized on

Penfold

Quote from: St Eve on March 28, 2024, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: Roberty on March 28, 2024, 10:49:33 AMThere is always a demand for luxury, just look at the number of multi thousand pound per night hotels in London and so many top notch restaurants too. There is also no prize for second place and SK has certainly fulfilled his promise to make it a unique experience worthy of our riverside setting with architecture to match.

Well said. Whether we like it or not this is the future. Any income that can be generated from our iconic ground and location should be capitalized on

Even at the cost of losing long term fans? If people want to pay stupid money for corporate hospitality and maybe watch about 30 minutes of football that's fine. But the large increases in ordinary season tickets has generated a certain amount of animosity.

St Eve

Quote from: Penfold on March 28, 2024, 12:22:15 PM

Even at the cost of losing long term fans? If people want to pay stupid money for corporate hospitality and maybe watch about 30 minutes of football that's fine. But the large increases in ordinary season tickets has generated a certain amount of animosity.
I think that the OP summarizes it very well

Yamus

I take it that if I bought one of these packages I would be able to use it seven days a week and not one day a fortnight

alfie

Why do you think just because it maybe a corporate purchase that they are not interested in watching the football, when I was at Fulham I attended a few corporate purchased seats and they all wanted to watch the football.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Penfold

Quote from: alfie on March 28, 2024, 02:29:00 PM

Why do you think just because it maybe a corporate purchase that they are not interested in watching the football, when I was at Fulham I attended a few corporate purchased seats and they all wanted to watch the football.

I've only ever been in hospitality once and all people attending in the box were enthusiasts. However,when you are often watching a game on the box, hospitality seats are sparsely populated from around 15 minutes before half time, doesn't fill up again until at least 15 mins into second half and if the game is one sided or tedious, empties well before the end.

alfie

Quote from: Penfold on March 28, 2024, 03:12:44 PM

I've only ever been in hospitality once and all people attending in the box were enthusiasts. However,when you are often watching a game on the box, hospitality seats are sparsely populated from around 15 minutes before half time, doesn't fill up again until at least 15 mins into second half and if the game is one sided or tedious, empties well before the end.

Ok mate not trying to cause an argument, gonna leave it there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mrmicawbers

Must have something going for it,QPR  Fans on their loft for words forum are so consumed with envy it's hilarious.Obviously something they would love to do but will never be able to,not there anyhow.

btffc

The main concern for corporate purchases is they will invite their clients who are fans of the Big 6 teams for those games

Penfold

Quote from: alfie on March 28, 2024, 03:20:51 PM

Ok mate not trying to cause an argument, gonna leave it there.

No problem. Have a tip top weekend

Roberty

They don't need to rush back to their seats in the stand to watch the game, there is HD TV for them to watch while they finish their coffee and petit fours
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Hugh Janus

The new stand looks great. Brilliant way of bringing in more revenue. Fantastic to see us have such expensive season tickets and be able to sell them. Well done all involved at the club. Love it.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Roberty on March 28, 2024, 11:09:49 PMThey don't need to rush back to their seats in the stand to watch the game, there is HD TV for them to watch while they finish their coffee and petit fours

and chat up some other blokes partner, i have seen it all.
I could write a book on these shenanigans as thick as War & Peace, and some of the ladies are just as keen, as all kittens grow into cats.
It's about opportunity at social gatherings fueled by a profusion of Pims No 1 and other firewater.
It helps make the world go round both clockwise & anti clockwise. A small percentage get caught, but for the majority it is a well kept secret.
That is human nature, and the abundance of facilities in the new Stand will cater for these extravagances.
As for the football most will turn up to watch the opposition in cooperate hospitality.

My only regret is dropping that 1946 half a crown on the riverside terrace watching us play Oxford United back in the 60s in a midweek cup match.
I never did find the coin, and then they built the stand on it in the early 70s.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Beamer

Whilst the article was good the article which goes alongside it wasn't so nice, suggesting that Fulham are losing contact with it's true supporters in chasing high end spenders.
There are 2 sides to most stories.

Penfold

Quote from: Roberty on March 28, 2024, 11:09:49 PMThey don't need to rush back to their seats in the stand to watch the game, there is HD TV for them to watch while they finish their coffee and petit fours

Dreadful. I would be necking port and giving the cheeseboard a hammering.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: AJW48361 on March 28, 2024, 09:49:58 AMI Wonder if the Club will scrap the 65+ ticket Concession.They Wouldn't would they?

No chance of that. They will just move it up to 80+

Woolly Mammoth

My understanding is that Fulham have the most expensive season tickets £3000, an 18% increase from last season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Shredhead

I'd like to watch a game from the new stand and have a look around the restaurants and gym place (though that pool isn't big enough to do proper swimming in), but it's not really for me. However,  I can see it being popular among local residents and a competitor for the River Cafe (the Michelin star one towards Hammersmith,  not the greasy spoon opposite Putney Bridge Station).
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC