watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr: Today’s Championship Games

Started by SP, March 29, 2024, 04:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

So far, I've seen nothing that worries me in terms of the teams challenging for promotion. I don't know what's happened to Leicester but they'll be lucky to make the playoffs on current form.

btffc

QPR got a last minute great goal to beat Birmingham and Stansfield. Birmingham look in real danger of going down. Hate it for Jay. He has struggled a lot the last few months.

peachcobbler

Quote from: btffc on March 29, 2024, 05:10:21 PMQPR got a last minute great goal to beat Birmingham and Stansfield. Birmingham look in real danger of going down. Hate it for Jay. He has struggled a lot the last few months.

Yeah Jay didn't look great today, albeit I only caught the first 60. Got the ball taken away far too easy a couple times, had a nice move to get around the keeper but played the ball to wide for himself and it ended with nothing.

He needs another year on loan I reckon, but Fulham should only be interested in sending him to teams projected to be the chip race.

Hatch007

When Muniz returned from his unsuccessful loan at Boro we could have all been forgiven for declaring he neeeded another loan this season. How wrong we were.

Same could happen with Jay. Only time tell tell but we can all hope.

I like Jay and think there's a player inside him but I always had more faith in Muniz making the top grade than Jay. Muniz showed glimpses in the Championship in his first season and Jay has had his moments this season so hope springs eternal.

btffc

Quote from: peachcobbler on March 29, 2024, 06:32:12 PMHe needs another year on loan I reckon, but Fulham should only be interested in sending him to teams projected to be the chip race.

Agree with that but also wouldn't be opposed to him going to Blackburn to reunite with John Eustace who he flourished under before he was idiotically sacked for Rooney. With Szmodics likely leaving there should be a place in the 11 for him.

peachcobbler

Quote from: Hatch007 on March 29, 2024, 06:42:51 PMWhen Muniz returned from his unsuccessful loan at Boro we could have all been forgiven for declaring he neeeded another loan this season. How wrong we were.

Same could happen with Jay. Only time tell tell but we can all hope.

I like Jay and think there's a player inside him but I always had more faith in Muniz making the top grade than Jay. Muniz showed glimpses in the Championship in his first season and Jay has had his moments this season so hope springs eternal.

There's nothing wrong with another loan, and to be honest it has just as much to do with my thoughts on where he is as a player as the fact that we don't have space. Even if we sell Carlos, we still have two strikers who are currently miles better than Jay. He needs reps in professional football and if we brought him back next year all he will get is cup appearances and the occasional cameo.

Willham

It's just a shame for him that the clubs been it's own worst enemy this season, they really struggled last year and started very brightly this year but with a dip in form they shot the gun real quick and everything was thrown out of balance,

All the same, I think he's consistently been birmingham's best player throughout, most their goals still come through him.

btffc

It was turning around with Mowbray after the Rooney disaster and Stansfield started scoring again but when Mowbray had to go on medical leave it all fell apart. They have 1 point from 7 games since Mowbray stepped aside.

Colton F.C.

Stansfield's goal at 1min 30sec. Jay will be 22 next season. Time to give him a proper go and hopefully we will see more of this.

Despite Brum's less than stellar season he has the same goal tally as the previous season with Exeter.  Deserves the same opportunity as the completely unfancied Rodrigo Muniz.

Needs to work on his knee slide.

Some good (and bad) memories of the FFC players on show.