more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in vs Sheffield United

Started by SerbianLad, March 30, 2024, 02:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Roberty

It's noticeable that we've built a strong squad over the last few years.

We all have favourites that did not even make the bench.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

DadCreature

Squad built to attack (except we might miss Ream's passing, but this back line is faster and stronger)

demeant0r

I can't see Diop wanting to stay at Fulham if he cannot even make the bench ahead of a 35 year old Ream.

peachcobbler

Quote from: Roberty on March 30, 2024, 02:15:05 PMIt's noticeable that we've built a strong squad over the last few years.

We all have favourites that did not even make the bench.

It is true, look at these signings from last year, including winter. If I am not wrong, Bassey, Iwobi, Castagne, and Lukic. All reliable starters right now, that is an insane hit rate from our recruiting team.

This team is so strong, but it probably means some heartbreaks this summer, we need to make some profit and upgrade some spots. That talk is for another day cause right now COYWs forward to a club best 56 points!!

H4usuallysitting

That's a very good team & a very good bench

Yorkie_FFC

I like the team selection, we are going there to win which as daft as it sounds against the bottom of the league side isn't always a thing some teams do. They might park the bus and catch them on the counter, this side put out by us is a real intent that we are looking to set down our marker.  ::scarf::

Chi_FFC

Quote from: DadCreature on March 30, 2024, 02:20:08 PMSquad built to attack (except we might miss Ream's passing, but this back line is faster and stronger)

Eh, there's nothing we miss about Tim with Calvin in the lineup.

filham

Great that looks like our strongest line up to me and a magnificent bench. Should hit Shef.U. for six.

TC's Sporran

i think its a shame how silva has discarded tc. he was on top form and getting in the top 3 motm in every game and just because palhinha got suspended he dropped cairney and hasnt started him since. he didnt even come off the bench last game. in fact id go so far as to say its disgraceful how he's treating him. there must be more to this. when on form tc is the most important player in dictating play and to not pick him puzzles me. its almost as if silva has been dying to pick anyone else instead of him. results have been good in his absence but id wager they would have gone even better.
rant over.

alfie

Quote from: TC's Sporran on March 30, 2024, 03:38:52 PMi think its a shame how silva has discarded tc. he was on top form and getting in the top 3 motm in every game and just because palhinha got suspended he dropped cairney and hasnt started him since. he didnt even come off the bench last game. in fact id go so far as to say its disgraceful how he's treating him. there must be more to this. when on form tc is the most important player in dictating play and to not pick him puzzles me. its almost as if silva has been dying to pick anyone else instead of him. results have been good in his absence but id wager they would have gone even better.
rant over.
I'm sorry I don't get this "disgraceful" wording, Silva picks the team that he believes is the best for the match, he is not stupid.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TC's Sporran

i think he is and its a case of preferring to pick his signings over tc. did you not see how well tc improved the team especially the 2 x 5-0's and then he doesnt have a poor game yet gets benched? thats not fair. he only got dropped because palhinha was suspended and he didnt have faith in him to play alongside others.
i think he is stupid at times. especially when he ignores tc. and also when he delays the subs when its clear things arent working.
most on here accuse him of not using the subs quick enough. if that isnt stupid then what is it? stubborn? isnt it stupid to be stubborn?

how can you bench a player who is on the top of his game and performing well and being a key player? in my eyes thats disgraceful treatment of a valuable asset and i bet tc isnt too impressed and its clear he is best moving on if he wants game time cos even when he is at the top of his game silva doesnt like him.

point 1 - pereira doesnt get benched when hes having bad game after bad game.
point 2 - tc gets benched despite having good game after good game.
 those are the facts

the disgraceful and stupic comments are subjective from my point of view and my opinions only. please dont tell me i cant have opinions based on the 2 points?

if silva wanted to pick a side that is "best for the match"  like a few on here thought, he should have started cairney and by half time we'd have been well clear. to not do so i think he is daft and possibly even stupid.
there you have it.

alfie

Quote from: TC's Sporran on March 30, 2024, 05:44:21 PMi think he is and its a case of preferring to pick his signings over tc. did you not see how well tc improved the team especially the 2 x 5-0's and then he doesnt have a poor game yet gets benched? thats not fair. he only got dropped because palhinha was suspended and he didnt have faith in him to play alongside others.
i think he is stupid at times. especially when he ignores tc. and also when he delays the subs when its clear things arent working.
most on here accuse him of not using the subs quick enough. if that isnt stupid then what is it? stubborn? isnt it stupid to be stubborn?

how can you bench a player who is on the top of his game and performing well and being a key player? in my eyes thats disgraceful treatment of a valuable asset and i bet tc isnt too impressed and its clear he is best moving on if he wants game time cos even when he is at the top of his game silva doesnt like him.

those are the facts

the disgraceful and stupic comments are subjective from my point of view and my opinions only. please dont tell me i cant have opinions based on the 2 points?

if silva wanted to pick a side that is "best for the match"  like a few on here thought, he should have started cairney and by half time we'd have been well clear. to not do so i think he is daft and possibly even stupid.
there you have it.

Quote from: TC's Sporran on March 30, 2024, 05:44:21 PMi think he is and its a case of preferring to pick his signings over tc. did you not see how well tc improved the team especially the 2 x 5-0's and then he doesnt have a poor game yet gets benched? thats not fair. he only got dropped because palhinha was suspended and he didnt have faith in him to play alongside others.

those are the facts

there you have it.

those are the facts

there you have it.

those are the facts

there you have it.

Having read my post I cannot see anywhere that I have said you couldn't make a comment or have an opinion, I just don't get using the word "disgraceful", virtually every week people say TC can't play 90 minutes, maybe that's the feeling of Silva.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on March 30, 2024, 06:20:03 PM

those are the facts

there you have it.

those are the facts

there you have it.

those are the facts

there you have it.

those are the facts

there you have it.

Having read my post I cannot see anywhere that I have said you couldn't make a comment or have an opinion, I just don't get using the word "disgraceful", virtually every week people say TC can't play 90 minutes, maybe that's the feeling of Silva.

Marco's a pro, and I feel certain that he has nothing against TC personally, and rates him highly  - he picks a team to  a job on the day in his, and presumably Boa's and coaching staff's, opinion - it's his job and rep on the line.

Fans will always disagree with a manager's selection, especially if their team doesn't do well in game, just listen to phone-ins, or look online, but the manager is paid big bucks to make these decisions, and lives and dies by them.

As it was, TC seemed a game changer, along with the other subs yesterday, so it's easy to ask 'why didn't he start?', but if he'd started and hadn't had much of an effect, and we did have several first half great scoring attempts,  just beaten by bad luck, then some would say  it was the wrong choice.

It's all about opinions.