watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Broja not in squad

Started by Lighthouse, March 31, 2024, 12:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Interesting that when asked if he was injured Silva made it clear that it was a technical decision and that the player was fit. All the fuss we had about bringing in another forward and at the time I felt that he was a really good late loan signing. The fact that we would have to pay money if he didn't play enough minutes never crossed my mind. Since then things have changed dramatically.

But clearly Siva doesn't seem that impressed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NCSUWhite

I think it's more to do with playing players that will be here next year and still give us the same or better chance to win.

ianthailand

Quote from: NCSUWhite on March 31, 2024, 12:36:48 AMI think it's more to do with playing players that will be here next year and still give us the same or better chance to win.
Or perhaps his attitude is not professional, he is a Chelsea player after all.

Jamie88

I think it's a simple case of there is no spot for him on the bench now that Jiminez is back

Finnans Right Peg

To be fair ,I dont think many seen the form of Muniz coming and I hope he doesnt get a minute as it means Muniz is playing and scoring

hovewhite

Just think Marco has his own way of working ,and in general the loan signings seemed to have decreased this season rightly so in my opinion.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Eight matches to go so pay the bill and send him back. It is not fair on him to be a spare part at other than his own club.

Thailand Mick

Before when they increased the amount of players that could be on the bench I was against it because I felt it only benefitted the big clubs but now I don't think it would make much difference if they allowed the whole 25 man squad to be on the bench, you can only use 5 of them and it would then not alienate the other 5 squad members.

Eton White

We looked to be in a desperate situation with Jimenez's injury and our two other strikers not firing on all cylinders, so Broja's signing was definitely needed at the time.

I'd still argue that it's good that he came here as it looks like it gave Muniz the wake up call he needed to really step up his game. If we hadn't got Broja, would Muniz be in this form now?
Who knows, but it's worked out well for us (not so much for Broja though!).

Fulham 442

Quote from: Eton White on March 31, 2024, 09:23:16 AMWe looked to be in a desperate situation with Jimenez's injury and our two other strikers not firing on all cylinders, so Broja's signing was definitely needed at the time.

I'd still argue that it's good that he came here as it looks like it gave Muniz the wake up call he needed to really step up his game. If we hadn't got Broja, would Muniz be in this form now?
Who knows, but it's worked out well for us (not so much for Broja though!).
I agree we were in a desperate situation when we signed him.  No one had a crystal ball before doing so and we couldn't take the chance of not having a striker ready to go.  Not sure about it being a wake up call for Muniz so much as everything starting to fall into place for him and as we all know football is very much a confidence game.  It is a shame for Broja that he has not only traded one bench for another but sometimes doesn't even make the bench for us but that is just the way it has worked out and Marco's priority is obviously doing what is best to secure points for Fulham.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 31, 2024, 09:20:33 AMBefore when they increased the amount of players that could be on the bench I was against it because I felt it only benefitted the big clubs but now I don't think it would make much difference if they allowed the whole 25 man squad to be on the bench, you can only use 5 of them and it would then not alienate the other 5 squad members.

That tackles the alienation problem but you end up with 14 blokes who are pissed off that they could not go fishing or shopping with the wife.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 31, 2024, 09:19:30 AMEight matches to go so pay the bill and send him back. It is not fair on him to be a spare part at other than his own club.

He cannot play for any team other than Fulham for the rest of the season, so better for him to stay and hope for some minutes.

bill taylors apprentice

It was a sensible move at the time.

In the long run the money wasted on Broja will be more than recouped in the rise in Muniz value now.

filham

Having gone to the bother and expense of getting Broja's signature until the end of the season surely we should give him some game time in order to make a judgement on him. Just possible that we are letting a quality striker slip through our fingers.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I wouldn't mind sitting on any teams bench for a few months/years.
Gone are the days of getting splinters and little money as a
non playing'reserve'
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Fulham 442

Quote from: filham on March 31, 2024, 12:20:48 PMHaving gone to the bother and expense of getting Broja's signature until the end of the season surely we should give him some game time in order to make a judgement on him. Just possible that we are letting a quality striker slip through our fingers.
Don't see the point of that with the team scoring goals without his inclusion and there is no option to buy anyway.

jayffc

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 31, 2024, 01:59:42 PM
Quote from: filham on March 31, 2024, 12:20:48 PMHaving gone to the bother and expense of getting Broja's signature until the end of the season surely we should give him some game time in order to make a judgement on him. Just possible that we are letting a quality striker slip through our fingers.
Don't see the point of that with the team scoring goals without his inclusion and there is no option to buy anyway.

Agreed. Unless we plan to buy him (and dropping him yesterday doesn't scream that) then if it contributed to getting Muniz going, it's the best 4m we could have spent. We got a striker in January, just not the one we thought and Muniz is likely to still be here this season unless he carries on this form and a silly offer + a champs league club come calling.

Surlyc

Muniz has now scored the same number of PL goals as Broja (8) in just 37% of the minutes (1,025 vs 2,769).

Broja was the right move at the time, but we've got a permanent solution on our hands. This is actually the best case scenario, even if none of us foresaw it!

EDIT: Also Chelsea valued Broja at £40m. At this point I see no reason to think Muniz is worth less than Broja (same age etc.), so we've paid £4m and unexpectedly found £40m down the back of the sofa. Not a great result for Broja, but amazing for us.

Craven Mad

Given the immediate turnaround of Muniz since his arrival, you could argue that - despite not even making the matchday squad - at £4m Broja is our signing of the season!  ::scarf::

H4usuallysitting

Probably the best £4m the club ever spent.... I guarantee if we wanted him - we'd get a discount a lot bigger than £4m, and we've already got an insight of what he's all about....win win for the club