https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's holiday time again

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 01, 2024, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 01, 2024, 05:12:54 PM
Quote from: ffcne on April 01, 2024, 05:11:35 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 01, 2024, 04:48:34 PMIts quite difficult for me to get away these days, what with being a single parent. If we go abroad then I can't really go down the villa/apartment route as I will spend the whole time running about entertaining etc.  But to go all inclusive costs absolute thousands.

So nowhere exotic this year, we're off to Looe for a week in August which is my favourite part of Cornwall so as long as the weather is reasonable we should have a grand old time down there.

Looe is  my favourite seaside town in UK.
Great memories of family holidays as a kid and then a parent.
There is a Fictional  detective drama  series coming out filmed around Looe
Beyond Paradise.

I love it. And that Polperro is just stones throw away, its a wonderful place to spend a day chilling out.

I've seen that the show is in production and will absolutely be watching it, just for the sights.  It is such a lovely little place.

If in Cornwall, Charlestown is worth a visit and Port Isaac.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Holders on April 01, 2024, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 01, 2024, 05:12:54 PM
Quote from: ffcne on April 01, 2024, 05:11:35 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 01, 2024, 04:48:34 PMIts quite difficult for me to get away these days, what with being a single parent. If we go abroad then I can't really go down the villa/apartment route as I will spend the whole time running about entertaining etc.  But to go all inclusive costs absolute thousands.

So nowhere exotic this year, we're off to Looe for a week in August which is my favourite part of Cornwall so as long as the weather is reasonable we should have a grand old time down there.

Looe is  my favourite seaside town in UK.
Great memories of family holidays as a kid and then a parent.
There is a Fictional  detective drama  series coming out filmed around Looe
Beyond Paradise.

I love it. And that Polperro is just stones throw away, its a wonderful place to spend a day chilling out.

I've seen that the show is in production and will absolutely be watching it, just for the sights.  It is such a lovely little place.

If in Cornwall, Charlestown is worth a visit and Port Isaac.

I have stayed all over Cornwall (actually just got back from Penzance yesterday) but never been to either of these so cheers for the heads up. 

Port Isaac is where that Martin Clunes tv show is filmed isn't it?

C Block

Cayman Islands in July, 7 nights on 7 mile Beach, would you believe it works out cheaper than Tenerife.

H4usuallysitting

Looe & around there is very nice.... Plymouth is having a fair amount of money spent on it, and has some nice spots....on the way down or back have a look at Meadfoot beach near Torquay it has a small cafe with nice views & reasonable prices...it reminded me of being on a Greek Island

C Block

I absolutely love Looe, if you ever get the chance visit in September when the weekend music festival is on, best of all it's all free.

alfie

Quote from: C Block on April 01, 2024, 05:42:31 PM

I absolutely love Looe, if you ever get the chance visit in September when the weekend music festival is on, best of all it's all free.
Had the best fish and chips ever in Looe.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sarnian

Tenerife after Newcastle game then back for Liverpool, Norwegian cruise in August and back to Tenerife in November.  Hopefully Alaskan cruise next year for 80th birthday.

Somerset Fulham

Looks as though I am not alone with my thoughts about Looe.  Cheers lads!

WokingFFC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 01, 2024, 10:18:38 AM
Quote from: WokingFFC on April 01, 2024, 10:05:10 AMWife's big 60 this year, so spending 9 months backpacking / camper van in the Southern Hemisphere / Far East, NZ, Fiji, Tonga, Philippines, Borneo, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Loas, Vietnam, Cambodia, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan!
That'll be fantastic!  :claping20hands:

Thanks! Still planning, but very excited!!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: love4ffc on April 01, 2024, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 01, 2024, 10:17:38 AMCanal du Midi in June - floating serenely ::wine:: - then in December Antarctica on another serene, more spectacular, jaunt.

The wife and I along with her parents and siblings are scheduled to float on the Danube River in November with extended stays in Budapest and Paris.  Supposed to be the last big trip with the wife's parents who are getting up there in age. 
It's a long time since I was in Paris.  Budapest is great, so much graphic history (in part because of, according to locals, usually choosing to be on the losing side in so many wars).  The largest synagogue in Europe, the shoes on the banks of the Danube and the ruin bars are all very worth visiting.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.