https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's holiday time again

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 01, 2024, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

We're are you all off to this year?

filham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 01, 2024, 09:29:21 AMWe're are you all off to this year?
[/quote

Looking for peace a quiet, where better than the West coast of Scotland, the western Isles again perhaps. Anyone tried Shetland ,I would like to hear about it.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: filham on April 01, 2024, 09:39:34 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 01, 2024, 09:29:21 AMWe're are you all off to this year?
[/quote

Looking for peace a quiet, where better than the West coast of Scotland, the western Isles again perhaps. Anyone tried Shetland ,I would like to hear about it.

Only seen it on the tv.... look's amazing....also recently discovered Anglesey (again on the tv)... Looks beautiful

Holders

Just got back from Austria but Ireland in July, the east coast this time, to see the ancient sites. Then Vienna in September for all the culture and history: Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Zürich, overnight there, then the scenic transalpine train to Vienna.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WokingFFC

Wife's big 60 this year, so spending 9 months backpacking / camper van in the Southern Hemisphere / Far East, NZ, Fiji, Tonga, Philippines, Borneo, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Loas, Vietnam, Cambodia, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan!

Southcoastffc

Canal du Midi in June - floating serenely ::wine:: - then in December Antarctica on another serene, more spectacular, jaunt.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: WokingFFC on April 01, 2024, 10:05:10 AMWife's big 60 this year, so spending 9 months backpacking / camper van in the Southern Hemisphere / Far East, NZ, Fiji, Tonga, Philippines, Borneo, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Loas, Vietnam, Cambodia, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan!
That'll be fantastic!  :claping20hands:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

We invested in the Holiday Property Bond a few years back and are enjoying visiting their various sites. We are also spending a couple of weeks in Cyprus for a friends wedding,

SP

Holidaying with all the family this year near Luton - Centerparcs!

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Holders on April 01, 2024, 09:49:29 AMJust got back from Austria but Ireland in July, the east coast this time, to see the ancient sites. Then Vienna in September for all the culture and history: Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Zürich, overnight there, then the scenic transalpine train to Vienna.

Skiing?

Holders

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 01, 2024, 10:44:21 AM
Quote from: Holders on April 01, 2024, 09:49:29 AMJust got back from Austria but Ireland in July, the east coast this time, to see the ancient sites. Then Vienna in September for all the culture and history: Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Zürich, overnight there, then the scenic transalpine train to Vienna.

Skiing?

Yep, a bit late in the season but better than never.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Holders on April 01, 2024, 10:50:23 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 01, 2024, 10:44:21 AM

Skiing?

Yep, a bit late in the season but better than never.

Where about's....my favourite spot is St Anton

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Twig on April 01, 2024, 10:23:07 AMWe invested in the Holiday Property Bond a few years back and are enjoying visiting their various sites. We are also spending a couple of weeks in Cyprus for a friends wedding,
Is HPB good? I've been toying with the idea for a few years now, but can't quite make up my mind.

Holders

Where about's....my favourite spot is St Anton
[/quote]

It was Bad Gastein. I've never been to St Anton but have had it recommended to me.

mrmicawbers

Santorini and island hopping from there end of April.May Denmark wife's Mums birthday. June Split and island hopping again.Christmas Japan,Vietnam and Cambodia.Doing as much as we can while we are fit enough

Somerset Fulham

Its quite difficult for me to get away these days, what with being a single parent. If we go abroad then I can't really go down the villa/apartment route as I will spend the whole time running about entertaining etc.  But to go all inclusive costs absolute thousands.

So nowhere exotic this year, we're off to Looe for a week in August which is my favourite part of Cornwall so as long as the weather is reasonable we should have a grand old time down there.

ffcne

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 01, 2024, 04:48:34 PMIts quite difficult for me to get away these days, what with being a single parent. If we go abroad then I can't really go down the villa/apartment route as I will spend the whole time running about entertaining etc.  But to go all inclusive costs absolute thousands.

So nowhere exotic this year, we're off to Looe for a week in August which is my favourite part of Cornwall so as long as the weather is reasonable we should have a grand old time down there.

Looe is  my favourite seaside town in UK.
Great memories of family holidays as a kid and then a parent.
There is a Fictional  detective drama  series coming out filmed around Looe
Beyond Paradise.

love4ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 01, 2024, 10:17:38 AMCanal du Midi in June - floating serenely ::wine:: - then in December Antarctica on another serene, more spectacular, jaunt.

The wife and I along with her parents and siblings are scheduled to float on the Danube River in November with extended stays in Budapest and Paris.  Supposed to be the last big trip with the wife's parents who are getting up there in age. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: ffcne on April 01, 2024, 05:11:35 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 01, 2024, 04:48:34 PMIts quite difficult for me to get away these days, what with being a single parent. If we go abroad then I can't really go down the villa/apartment route as I will spend the whole time running about entertaining etc.  But to go all inclusive costs absolute thousands.

Looe is  my favourite seaside town in UK.
Great memories of family holidays as a kid and then a parent.
There is a Fictional  detective drama  series coming out filmed around Looe
Beyond Paradise.

I love it. And that Polperro is just stones throw away, its a wonderful place to spend a day chilling out.

I've seen that the show is in production and will absolutely be watching it, just for the sights.  It is such a lovely little place.

HV71

Just returned from Malta .

3 weeks late May / June touring  Madrid - Santiago de Compostela - Luces - Bilbao - San Sebastián.

Corfu in late September