more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

team in to face Forest...

Started by WhiteJC, April 02, 2024, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

SerbianLad

Pretty happy with that. I would have probably picked Diop instead of Tosin, but it was Tosin's first poor game in a pretty long time, so I guess he deserves to keep his place.

Willian is probably too old to start 3 games in a week, so that also kind of makes sense.

The rest of the team is exactly what I wanted in the pregame thread.

Chi_FFC

Just about what I expected. With 3 matches in 8 days give old man Willian and one of the fullbacks a rest, but otherwise don't mess with what has been working over the last month and a half or so. No way was Marco going to break up what is his best CB pairing after one poor match to play an inferior player who hasn't appeared in a match in over a month (as some have been suggesting/hoping for around here).

hovewhite

It's  sensible changes,have been impressed with the midfield overall now Lukic has finally settled.
Does anyone know if traore has à extension claus in his contract?

filham

Hope to see Cairney on after 60 minutes and Munuz taken off at half time in order to rest his weak ankle.
Time we gave Broja a good run but but he is not on the bench.

btffc

Quote from: hovewhite on April 02, 2024, 06:47:43 PMIt's  sensible changes,have been impressed with the midfield overall now Lukic has finally settled.
Does anyone know if traore has à extension claus in his contract?

Yes. His contract was a 2+1 so we have him for 2 more years if we want.

Twig

Happy overall. Aggree that Lukic has done enough lately to deserve his place although i suspect that this may be another game where we dominate possession but need some guile to unlock their defence and on that basis I would personally have picked TC for this one.

FishaPrice

We have such a deep bench today.

Baszab

Where is Diop ?
He hasn't been in the squad for at least 4 games

btffc

Would have liked to see what Adama could have done from the start but happy with Harry in there as well.

FishaPrice

Quote from: Baszab on April 02, 2024, 07:03:12 PMWhere is Diop ?

No room in the matchday squad for him. Harsh on Diop for sure. But who should miss out?

SerbianLad

Quote from: Baszab on April 02, 2024, 07:03:12 PMWhere is Diop ?
4 senior players need to be out of the squad when everyone is fit. Benda and Broja are the obvious choices as we don't need 2 goalkeepers on the bench or two strikers, as we always play with one striker. Logically speaking we don't need more than two defenders. Castagne and Bassey can cover the leftback position and FBT is also a loaned player, so it makes sense that he misses out as the third senior player. And then it's between Ream and Diop. I think Marco picks Ream iver Diop because Ream has a big locker-room presence, as one of the team captains, so unfortunately Diop misses out. If Diop were to start ahead of Tosin, I still think Marco would have picked Ream for the bench and Tosin would have missed out then.

ffc73

After lapses at Wolves & Sheffield, I would have put Diop on the bench at least to put some pressure on & keep Tosin on his toes.  Also, gives Diop some encouragement.

That would mean Ream wouldn't make the bench. Such is our depth with everyone fit.

FishaPrice

Didn't Bassey have an injury scare while playing for Nigeria? You could reason that Marco is more worried about Bassey needing to be subbed off than Tosin. Hence Ream > Diop. I know centerbacks can often play both left centerback and right centerback pretty well, but they do have their preferred side...