News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prem players we should poach in the summer?

Started by McBrideOfFrankenstein, April 13, 2024, 02:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBrideOfFrankenstein

I've watched a lot of Luton this season and would love to see Barkley and Mengi at the Cottage. Any other players on your wishlists as realistic signings?

ianthailand

Kai (egg in Thailand) Havertz could be poached or scrambled or boiled etc., etc.,

Thailand Mick

I wonder how much playing time Harvey Barnes will get at Newcastle next season if they don't have the injuries. He is the sort of goal scoring wide player we need and home grown

hovewhite

Ohare from Coventry out of contract would be a good signing.

JimmyConway

I have always thought Dwight McNeil is a decent footballer both at Everton and Burnley before. Like Kilman of Wolves solid type centre back. Would also if rumours are true at a bargain look at Wan-Bissaka. Still yet to see a  winger take him on and beat him. 

filham

Rumours suggest that Chelsea are giving marching orders to a lot of players, possibly one or two amonng them that may be worth the bus fare along the Fulham Road.

btffc

Koleosho and Odobert from Burnley look both to be exciting young wingers.

Vini Souza from Sheffield if we need a DM.

Hudson-Odoi has looked like he is regaining pre-injury for form at Forest. Elanga is very good as well should they go down.

Mengi at Luton as previously mentioned could be a Tosin replacement and former academy lad Elijah Adebayo could be solid depth striker if we trust Muniz as the starter going into next season.

jarv

Barkley and Barnes too old.  Need a couple of younger players with a few years in them. (and resale value).

H4usuallysitting

Carlton Cole has always been a good shout..... sorry, Carlton Morris puts it about a bit

bog

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 13, 2024, 10:30:58 AMCarlton Cole has always been a good shout..... sorry, Carlton Morris puts it about a bit

Was it not him when we played at Barnsley in the Championship who won a penalty from Tosin and scored? 

hovewhite

Jims Dentist

Like Carlton Morris, similar to Mitro in style.
Would likely score more in a team that's not struggling.
James McAtee has done well at Burnley and Sheff U on loan from Man City.

Jims Dentist

Morgan Whittaker seems to have a similar skill set to TC.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: bog on April 13, 2024, 11:54:19 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 13, 2024, 10:30:58 AMCarlton Cole has always been a good shout..... sorry, Carlton Morris puts it about a bit

Was it not him when we played at Barnsley in the Championship who won a penalty from Tosin and scored? 

Think that was him...he puts it about

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 13, 2024, 12:59:21 PMLike Carlton Morris, similar to Mitro in style.
Would likely score more in a team that's not struggling.
James McAtee has done well at Burnley and Sheff U on loan from Man City.

The mental and physical strength Morris has shown this year is immense. Gets absolutely manhandled every week and has captained them since Lockyer went out. 

Whitestone

We should be looking to sign players that will help us get to the next level. That's not Carlton Morris. Mengi is a good shout though, particularly if Tosin moves on.

alfie

Quote from: Whitestone on April 13, 2024, 02:16:46 PMWe should be looking to sign players that will help us get to the next level. That's not Carlton Morris. Mengi is a good shout though, particularly if Tosin moves on.
It's all about opinions.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Quote from: alfie on April 13, 2024, 02:26:01 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on April 13, 2024, 02:16:46 PMWe should be looking to sign players that will help us get to the next level. That's not Carlton Morris. Mengi is a good shout though, particularly if Tosin moves on.
It's all about opinions.

We have a good squad with two players of quality for each position, to sign better players than we already have means we have to be looking at big six club players, they are going to cost big money and will be looking for European football.

St Eve

Have we ever actually poached a player from a relegated PL team?

btffc

Quote from: St Eve on April 13, 2024, 04:18:23 PMHave we ever actually poached a player from a relegated PL team?

Castagne this year.