Main Menu

Stansfield

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 13, 2024, 04:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

btffc

Luke Harris also gets a game winner for Exeter

Craven Mad

He's Brum's top scorer and has 12 league goals so far this year. One more goal puts him in the top ten scorers in the league.

Not bad considering he's playing for a team fighting relegation...

btffc

The pass and finish on Harris' goal are stunning

Tabby

Nice to see that Harris seems to have settled in after a shaky start. Hope that Stansfield gets a go here next season, make or break time for him I feel.

filham

Stansfield must be building up a good relationship with the Birmingham players and fans. Coming back to Fulham with lots of bench warming and minimal playing time may not be attractive to him.

jayffc

Quote from: filham on April 13, 2024, 05:41:16 PMStansfield must be building up a good relationship with the Birmingham players and fans. Coming back to Fulham with lots of bench warming and minimal playing time may not be attractive to him.

13 goals and 3 assists in 44 games at 21 years old is not bad going at all really. I'd imagine they'd need to stump up a good bit of cash for him to make it worth our while as he's on low wages and has a contract for 3 more years.

He could well get game time over Raul Jimenez to be fair. Assuming Broja doesn't sign with us then Jay would be vying with him for the 2nd striker role and might fancy his chances of pushing through to the number 2 spot here. Another good season for Muniz and he's then likely off of a big club and Jay might believe he has what it takes to step up then we shall see. If he does well in pre-season who knows.

ianthailand

Quote from: btffc on April 13, 2024, 05:00:09 PMLuke Harris also gets a game winner for Exeter
And another booking. Been watching too much Joao.
They've certainly improved since he's been there. Hope a lot is his influence.

Dodgin

Not the best thought after some good reports the idea of letting Stansfield go.

Thailand Mick

Why would we even contemplate selling Jay at this point? it has been reported that he prefers to play in a wide position, so I see him as that wide goal scoring player that we need. If he doesn't make the first team next season, then surely it will be the following season.

H4usuallysitting

We're going to need 3 striker's next season.... I understand Raul is making noises about moving to Mexico (I've never classed Raul as an out and out striker)....so that would leave us with Muniz & Stansfield.....

Twig

Nice to see Jay in the goals but that Harris goal was a stunner.

ElRay

21yr old putting up good numbers in the championship, playing in a struggling side, for me he's got to stay and given a chance with us next season so he doesn't become disgruntled and look to continue his development elsewhere.

I think in terms of player profile we have in the squad right now he is most similar to BDR. Good finisher, more inside forward than winger, can play down the middle & off a striker. BDR offers a lot more in versatility playing basically everywhere, more experienced but if we're talking strictly in terms of across the front 3, where Jay will be coming into the squad to play, BDR & Stansfield are very similar in my opinion and might not be room for both of them.

jayffc

Quote from: Thailand Mick on April 14, 2024, 09:29:00 AMWhy would we even contemplate selling Jay at this point? it has been reported that he prefers to play in a wide position, so I see him as that wide goal scoring player that we need. If he doesn't make the first team next season, then surely it will be the following season.

Thing is though he's not been anywhere near as impactful playing on the wing. Brum fans were also saying as much on the handful of games he played there for them this year. And his slew of goals at youth level were all coming from up top

But yes his willingness or ability to play in those areas at least might make him more interesting to Marco who likes those sorts of interoperable players.

We're all rooting for him I'm sure.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ElRay on April 14, 2024, 11:28:12 AM21yr old putting up good numbers in the championship, playing in a struggling side, for me he's got to stay and given a chance with us next season so he doesn't become disgruntled and look to continue his development elsewhere.

I think in terms of player profile we have in the squad right now he is most similar to BDR. Good finisher, more inside forward than winger, can play down the middle & off a striker. BDR offers a lot more in versatility playing basically everywhere, more experienced but if we're talking strictly in terms of across the front 3, where Jay will be coming into the squad to play, BDR & Stansfield are very similar in my opinion and might not be room for both of them.

Good post....he could learn an awful lot from BDR

Tabby

Quote from: jayffc on April 14, 2024, 11:36:39 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on April 14, 2024, 09:29:00 AMWhy would we even contemplate selling Jay at this point? it has been reported that he prefers to play in a wide position, so I see him as that wide goal scoring player that we need. If he doesn't make the first team next season, then surely it will be the following season.

Thing is though he's not been anywhere near as impactful playing on the wing. Brum fans were also saying as much on the handful of games he played there for them this year. And his slew of goals at youth level were all coming from up top

But yes his willingness or ability to play in those areas at least might make him more interesting to Marco who likes those sorts of interoperable players.

When Marco Silva came in Stansfield started playing behind the striker in the youth teams (similar role that Carvalho had). Think that is where Silva wants him to be.

At Birmingham if you aren't playing Stansfield at striker you have to play Scott Hogan or Lukas Jutkiewicz whereas they have fairly good attacking midfielders. Miyoshi, James and Dembele is the kind of lineup you'd expect from a team pushing for promotion rather than fighting against relegation.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Tabby on April 14, 2024, 12:05:20 PM
Quote from: jayffc on April 14, 2024, 11:36:39 AM

When Marco Silva came in Stansfield started playing behind the striker in the youth teams (similar role that Carvalho had). Think that is where Silva wants him to be.

At Birmingham if you aren't playing Stansfield at striker you have to play Scott Hogan or Lukas Jutkiewicz whereas they have fairly good attacking midfielders. Miyoshi, James and Dembele is the kind of lineup you'd expect from a team pushing for promotion rather than fighting against relegation.

I'm wondering if Miyoshi could step up to the prem league