watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: West Ham 0-2 Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 14, 2024, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

Sounds like a great team effort and happy for Pereira to bag a brace - seems like decades ago he scored at Arsenal.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Somerset Fulham

ron

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 14, 2024, 04:11:25 PMA very, very good performance from all on the pitch.... probably our best starting eleven....my only gripe...the ref got both our yellow cards wrong

.....and missed a stonewall red for that ghastly Paqueta fellow....

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 14, 2024, 04:12:37 PMNot a lot to say really, that was a thoroughly decent and assured performance, in total control from start to finish.
Have to disagree a little with this. Before we scored I thought we were struggling (and should have been down a goal, tbh) but after the goal we settled and put in a very good performance.

southwest6

I was a bit concerned after the five first minutes, but then we gained control and looked liked such a threat on the counter.

Andreas MOTM. Lukic, Bassey, Muniz, Joao also had very good games.

You never know which fulham team you'll get this season. But whenever they bother turning up, I genuinely think we can beat any team in the league. We can be frighteningly good at times..

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Chi_FFC on April 14, 2024, 04:42:38 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 14, 2024, 04:12:37 PMNot a lot to say really, that was a thoroughly decent and assured performance, in total control from start to finish.
Have to disagree a little with this. Before we scored I thought we were struggling (and should have been down a goal, tbh) but after the goal we settled and put in a very good performance.

They did miss that sitter, Antonio I think?  But that was it from what I can remember.

It was a thoroughly well earned three points anyway, I think.

filham

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 14, 2024, 04:50:23 PM

They did miss that sitter, Antonio I think? 
Yeah, that was clearly their best chance in those first 8 minutes but we were struggling. Unable to keep the ball, giving it away cheaply. Just watched the highlight package (NBC in the US) and at about the five minute mark Tony Gale (who was commentating on the match) said "Fulham have got to wake up at the moment, they're so slow out of the blocks". Anyhow, we got a bit fortunate for the goal but after that it was a very good performance and the only disappointment is we didn't score a few more.   

Whitestone

Quote from: Chi_FFC on April 14, 2024, 05:05:38 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 14, 2024, 04:50:23 PM

They did miss that sitter, Antonio I think? 
Yeah, that was clearly their best chance in those first 8 minutes but we were struggling. Unable to keep the ball, giving it away cheaply. Just watched the highlight package (NBC in the US) and at about the five minute mark Tony Gale (who was commentating on the match) said "Fulham have got to wake up at the moment, they're so slow out of the blocks". Anyhow, we got a bit fortunate for the goal but after that it was a very good performance and the only disappointment is we didn't score a few more. 
Correct. They were all over us in the opening minutes. The opening goal came against the run of play and not surprisingly changed the dynamics of the game. It could have been very different if Antonio had been a bit more composed a few moments earlier. Thankfully he wasn't.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 14, 2024, 04:27:19 PMFilham! We are safe!  ::scarf::

Made me chuckle! 🤭

Such a lovely way to end a sunny weekend. 7 nil aggregate against Westham this season is a great achievement.

WindyCity

Very good game played, looked really dangerous on the counter.  Should have probably had more than the two goals.  Fortunate Antonio fluffed early on.  I still like Iwobi, but he has been off his game now over the last two or three.  Had a couple of great scoring chances which he missed.  That said, full credit for the beautiful 2nd goal assist.

QUESTION - - Is Antonio leaving West Ham this summer?  I thought I read somewhere that they were looking for a striker.

btffc

Quote from: WindyCity on April 14, 2024, 05:50:13 PMVery good game played, looked really dangerous on the counter.  Should have probably had more than the two goals.  Fortunate Antonio fluffed early on.  I still like Iwobi, but he has been off his game now over the last two or three.  Had a couple of great scoring chances which he missed.  That said, full credit for the beautiful 2nd goal assist.

QUESTION - - Is Antonio leaving West Ham this summer?  I thought I read somewhere that they were looking for a striker.

Antonio is out of contract in the Summer and I don't think they have been looking to extend so he is likely out. If Moyes stays I actually think Broja could be a good fit for how he likes to play. Have seen some suggestions they might look at Solanke as well, but he might want a bigger step up.

Holders

Thousands of West Ham fans went there today expecting to win - but they didn't. #1975
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Drewry66

From the West Ham forum:

': West Ham United vs Fulham FC - Sunday 14 April - 2pm
Post  Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:26 pm

miles wrote: ↑
Pereira and Muniz have been superb. We should be making inquiries in the summer...

2 best players on the pitch'

£35 million bid coming in from West Ham for AP. JWP mark 2...it's what they do.

:slap:

SP

I'm actually amazed the WHU fan didn't mention they shouldn't be losing to the likes of Fulham!

H4usuallysitting

Drewry66

Quote from: SP on April 14, 2024, 06:48:19 PMI'm actually amazed the WHU fan didn't mention they shouldn't be losing to the likes of Fulham!

Oh there was plenty of that as well. Seem to forget that we absolutely schooled them at home! Sure Man U, Spurs and Arsenal fans would have been saying the same however!

To be fair there were a fair few comments saying it could/should have been 4/5 - 1 to us as well which it should have been. Leno had very little to do but did it very well. Their keeper made loads of saves or we missed good chances. One comment was why are we making Fulham look like a prime Barca! For Tottenham fans it was Real Madrid. I'll take it either way.

FFC1987

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 14, 2024, 06:50:50 PMThought Leno had a very good game

Weirdly and probably controversially.... I did think Fabianski was MotM today.... This game would of been the same as the home leg without him.  Unpopular to give to a player on losing side mind, but he really was brilliant today at times.

demeant0r

Quote from: SP on April 14, 2024, 06:48:19 PMI'm actually amazed the WHU fan didn't mention they shouldn't be losing to the likes of Fulham!

There are a few of those comments in the bbc report.

AshfordFFC

5 games to go - safe from relgeaton - please drop tosin!!!  imoh, in the last games that i have watched, he is a walking liability, nearly has, and has lost us goals.    He may be great on occasion, but frequently cocks up and if not signing for next year then play diop instead next to bassey so they get a togertherness!

aside from that, cant fault anyone and a great result. ::thumb::