watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: West Ham 0-2 Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 14, 2024, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: AshfordFFC on April 14, 2024, 07:00:01 PM5 games to go - safe from relgeaton - please drop tosin!!!  imoh, in the last games that i have watched, he is a walking liability, nearly has, and has lost us goals.    He may be great on occasion, but frequently cocks up and if not signing for next year then play diop instead next to bassey so they get a togertherness 
Quote from: AshfordFFC on April 14, 2024, 07:00:01 PM5 games to go - safe from relgeaton - please drop tosin!!!  imoh, in the last games that i have watched, he is a walking liability, nearly has, and has lost us goals.    He may be great on occasion, but frequently cocks up and if not signing for next year then play diop instead next to bassey so they get a togertherness!  aside from that, cant fault anyone and a great result. ::thumb::
aside from that, cant fault anyone and a great result. ::thumb::

I wouldn't necessarily be so quick on the Adarabioyo dropping.  I still think he's a good player and still hope he finds way to stay at CC.  In todays game v WHU he made an excellent play in the box getting on the correct side of an attacking player on an incoming cross, negating a good scoring chance.  I do agree with you, he can be guilty of the occasional cockup, either loses focus or just gets lazy.  But still a very good player, IMHO.

FFC1987

Quote from: WindyCity on April 14, 2024, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: AshfordFFC on April 14, 2024, 07:00:01 PM5 games to go - safe from relgeaton - please drop tosin!!!  imoh, in the last games that i have watched, he is a walking liability, nearly has, and has lost us goals.    He may be great on occasion, but frequently cocks up and if not signing for next year then play diop instead next to bassey so they get a togertherness 
Quote from: AshfordFFC on April 14, 2024, 07:00:01 PM5 games to go - safe from relgeaton - please drop tosin!!!  imoh, in the last games that i have watched, he is a walking liability, nearly has, and has lost us goals.    He may be great on occasion, but frequently cocks up and if not signing for next year then play diop instead next to bassey so they get a togertherness!  aside from that, cant fault anyone and a great result. ::thumb::
aside from that, cant fault anyone and a great result. ::thumb::

I wouldn't necessarily be so quick on the Adarabioyo dropping.  I still think he's a good player and still hope he finds way to stay at CC.  In todays game v WHU he made an excellent play in the box getting on the correct side of an attacking player on an incoming cross, negating a good scoring chance.  I do agree with you, he can be guilty of the occasional cockup, either loses focus or just gets lazy.  But still a very good player, IMHO.

I'm almost on the fence in regards to dropping him....Obviously I trust Marco and all that but I do feel as though, if the kids off, this time could be better served forging a relationship between Diop and Bassey, even if that means we're slightly worse off in the short term.

Saying that, I'm not in the changing room or training ground, nor the negotiation table so maybe he's simply earning a higher wage with each game/clean sheet under his belt. The glass half empty in me just thinks he's off and Marco just wants as high a finish as we can possibly achieve and we'll sort the loss of Tosin out later down the line.

I firmly want him to say as this back 5 feels so strong.

AshfordFFC

Quote from: WindyCity on April 14, 2024, 07:08:07 PMI wouldn't necessarily be so quick on the Adarabioyo dropping.  I still think he's a good player and still hope he finds way to stay at CC.  In todays game v WHU he made an excellent play in the box getting on the correct side of an attacking player on an incoming cross, negating a good scoring chance.  I do agree with you, he can be guilty of the occasional cockup, either loses focus or just gets lazy.  But still a very good player, IMHO.

I dont disagree with you and has made quality tackles and good showings but equally these moments of lack of concentration are becoming more regular throughout the last few games and in my mind, if he he is off and will not sign, time to prep for next season by playing Issa next to Calvin.

Drewry66

Quote from: AshfordFFC on April 14, 2024, 07:22:42 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 14, 2024, 07:08:07 PMI wouldn't necessarily be so quick on the Adarabioyo dropping.  I still think he's a good player and still hope he finds way to stay at CC.  In todays game v WHU he made an excellent play in the box getting on the correct side of an attacking player on an incoming cross, negating a good scoring chance.  I do agree with you, he can be guilty of the occasional cockup, either loses focus or just gets lazy.  But still a very good player, IMHO.

I dont disagree with you and has made quality tackles and good showings but equally these moments of lack of concentration are becoming more regular throughout the last few games and in my mind, if he he is off and will not sign, time to prep for next season by playing Issa next to Calvin.

After a couple of pretty shocking games he's been much better the last few and he was brilliant before the couple of off games. On the ball he is a lot better than Diop passing forwards. He does however take risks with this as a result and makes some bad decisions leading to errors that have cost goals. Diop has however made a number of mistakes on the ball as well leading to goals.

I think both a very good/solid players but for me we are better going forward and better in the air in both boxes with Tosin.

All this 'if he's off why play him' or 'let's get ready for next season without him' is too premature if you ask me. The fact he is playing and Diop hasn't even been in the squad until today suggests that the club at least has high hopes of keeping him. Look at Manor Solomon..as soon as he made it clear he was definitely off he didn't get near the team in the main. Tosin has said a number of times all options are on the table including staying with us. If they do to not play him if the club believe this is madness. Diop is tied to a long contract so isn't going anywhere. If we don't play Tosin and don't tell him he is our number one moving forward we have no chance of keeping him. Should he sign and he keeps making mistakes drop him at that point when he can't go anywhere!

For the mo we should be doing all we can to keep him if we still believe we can. We have beaten some of the best teams in the league with him playing a key role so that says it all. We keep him that is £20 million+ that we can spend elsewhere to take us to another level. If we lose him for nothing it's a huge hit on our transfer budget having to replace him. If the club think we have even a 50/50 chance of keeping him he should start the rest of the season.

Zendra

Back to  12th .  Seem to have been there most of the season

Great win

Milo

Good game today. I thought it was quite open and could've gone either way in the first half.

Some strong performances from Bassey, Palhinha, Willian, Andreas, and Muniz.

I know both Tosin and Lukic have had 1 or 2 good games this season but I fail to see their contribution. I would offload Tosin on a free as he seems (according to the press at least) so keen to be, and I would play Reed over Lukic (but! Not in the number 8 role that Marco seems so convinced he is made for.. yet I have seen no evidence yet that he is suited for).

alfie

Quote from: Milo on April 14, 2024, 08:28:11 PMGood game today. I thought it was quite open and could've gone either way in the first half.

Some strong performances from Bassey, Palhinha, Willian, Andreas, and Muniz.

I know both Tosin and Lukic have had 1 or 2 good games this season but I fail to see their contribution. I would offload Tosin on a free as he seems (according to the press at least) so keen to be, and I would play Reed over Lukic (but! Not in the number 8 role that Marco seems so convinced he is made for.. yet I have seen no evidence yet that he is suited for).

Did Lukic have a bad game then?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Tosin isn't as good as he thinks .

Angus Telford

Quote from: Drewry66 on April 14, 2024, 07:51:36 PMAll this 'if he's off why play him' or 'let's get ready for next season without him' is too premature if you ask me. The fact he is playing and Diop hasn't even been in the squad until today suggests that the club at least has high hopes of keeping him. Look at Manor Solomon..as soon as he made it clear he was definitely off he didn't get near the team in the main. Tosin has said a number of times all options are on the table including staying with us. If they do to not play him if the club believe this is madness. Diop is tied to a long contract so isn't going anywhere. If we don't play Tosin and don't tell him he is our number one moving forward we have no chance of keeping him. Should he sign and he keeps making mistakes drop him at that point when he can't go anywhere!

Half agree with this. Tosin may well stay so trying to forge a new pairing between Diop and Bassey could be a waste of time. However, I do think Diop could nonetheless be brought in purely on merit. Even today I counted at least 3-4 errant passes from Tosin giving up possession which would have cost us against a better team. I certainly don't think he should be picked purely to persuade him to stay. He's a middle of the range player in this squad. If Diop is a better option on the day, he should be the one that starts.

EN1 FFC

Wonder how many minutes MOTD will give our game as opposed to the Liverpool Arsenal games.
I reckon 5 minutes and 3 minutes talking about West Ham and Moyes.