watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our support - Out of order

Started by perry geyton, April 14, 2024, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

I know it's West Ham and they are no better but FFS singing when a 19 year old is seriously injured on his debut was about as classless as it gets
"Is this a library"
"Is this a fire drill"

Someone please tell me I heard it wrong ?!?!

We are WAY better then that,,,,,

btffc

You didn't hear it wrong and it's a terrible look but I also doubt they had any clue about the seriousness of the situation.

filham

Dodgin

It was quite loud and tasteless, I assume not the majority of the away support.

ffc73

From my vantage in the lower tier the chanting started between those in the lower section to those in the upper. The upper responded.

Whilst the chanting was between our own & not directed at West Ham or the young player injured, the timing of the interaction between the separated away fans was inappropriate.

The chanting did not continue for long & there was clapping from all around me when the lad was stretched off.

As there was in 38th minute when they were  remembering their player who died of cancer 10 years ago.

Whitestone

It wasn't as bad as it may have sounded to those watching on a screen and the young player was applauded off by the Fulham supporters.
What was far worse than any singing from Fulham fans which may have coincided with the injury to the West Ham player was the total disregard for their player by the West Ham fans who left in their thousands whilst their player was being treated. That was disrespectful and shameful IMO.

Jim©

Quote from: Whitestone on April 14, 2024, 05:31:30 PMIt wasn't as bad as it may have sounded to those watching on a screen and the young player was applauded off by the Fulham supporters.
What was far worse than any singing from Fulham fans which may have coincided with the injury to the West Ham player was the total disregard for their player by the West Ham fans who left in their thousands whilst their player was being treated. That was disrespectful and shameful IMO.

Completely agree. We were singing "when the whites go marching in" to keep a bit of atmosphere going in the away end, was everyone meant to stand in silence? There had already been thumbs up from medics around the young lad and every single Fulham fan applauded as he went off. Total overreaction imo. As usual.

perry geyton

Quote from: Jim© on April 14, 2024, 06:39:35 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on April 14, 2024, 05:31:30 PMIt wasn't as bad as it may have sounded to those watching on a screen and the young player was applauded off by the Fulham supporters.

Completely agree. We were singing "when the whites go marching in" to keep a bit of atmosphere going in the away end, was everyone meant to stand in silence? There had already been thumbs up from medics around the young lad and every single Fulham fan applauded as he went off. Total overreaction imo. As usual.
Atmosphere ? The kid went down with a serious head injury,  you don't need an atmosphere when that's going on and it Def didn't come across that way on TV and that's not the chant I was hearing...
there was certainly no thumbs up from the medics when we were singing it at at first
Either
So call it what you want 

perry geyton

I def noticed that Marco looked more concerned about the kid then Moyes when the camera zoomed in on him

MikeTheCubed

Was right behind the goal and I don't think anyone in my vicinity was even aware of the severity of the injury. Presume it was the same for our supporters a mile behind the goal.

Hugh Janus

Quote from: perry geyton on April 14, 2024, 06:57:44 PM

Atmosphere ? The kid went down with a serious head injury,  you don't need an atmosphere when that's going on and it Def didn't come across that way on TV and that's not the chant I was hearing...
there was certainly no thumbs up from the medics when we were singing it at at first
Either
So call it what you want 

How do you know the head injury is serious?

There was some singing from the Fulham fans. It was the opposite end of the pitch to them. I doubt many even saw it. I didn't. The singing didn't last long. The player was applauded off. Fulham fans stood and applauded for the other kid that sadly passed away on the 38th min. Relax.

TheOnionBag

[/quot
Quote from: ffc73 on April 14, 2024, 05:06:45 PMFrom my vantage in the lower tier the chanting started between those in the lower section to those in the upper. The upper responded.

Whilst the chanting was between our own & not directed at West Ham or the young player injured, the timing of the interaction between the separated away fans was inappropriate.

The chanting did not continue for long & there was clapping from all around me when the lad was stretched off.

As there was in 38th minute when they were  remembering their player who died of cancer 10 years ago.
I was in the lower tier and this sums up how I saw (heard) it pan out.
Singing while a player was being treated may not be the done thing but has been said there were no songs aimed at the player unlike the boos from west ham when william was down injured. And has been pointed out pretty much all the Fulham fans clapped as the injured player left the field having applauded throughout the minutes applause (38th minute)

perry geyton

Quote from: Hugh Janus on April 14, 2024, 07:12:58 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on April 14, 2024, 06:57:44 PM

Either
So call it what you want 

How do you know the head injury is serious?

There was some singing from the Fulham fans. It was the opposite end of the pitch to them. I doubt many even saw it. I didn't. The singing didn't last long. The player was applauded off. Fulham fans stood and applauded for the other kid that sadly passed away on the 38th min. Relax.

How did I know it was a serious injury ?
The players around him immediately stopped play and called on the paramedics who then stabilized him and carried him off on a stretcher, that's how FFS

Who are we Leeds ?

perry geyton

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on April 14, 2024, 07:07:20 PMWas right behind the goal and I don't think anyone in my vicinity was even aware of the severity of the injury. Presume it was the same for our supporters a mile behind the goal.
The size of that gutless stadium
Has to be taken into account, I must agree

Hugh Janus

No we are Fulham.

Hopefully the young lad is fine. As yet we don't know the extent of his injury. Chill.

Rightwhite

Overreaction?? On this board?? No surely not.

cookieg

I would imagine it is much easier to know what is going on when the game is being watched on television and the commentators are talking about it rather than actually being in the ground.

ffcthereligion

Nonsense. Try actually going to games rather than reading fake news off twitter and criticising. The two chants were when the whites going marching in and new Muniz song. Player was clapped off. No is this a library or disrespect

Lighthouse

There is the faux concern that infects humanity. Makes them feel as if they are kind and important while putting their knife in.

When there was applause for the young West Ham kid who died of Cancer. We had a corner. Now the ref could have stopped the game but he didn't and we played on. So unless you want everybody to stop making a noise every time some player goes down then please stop this false moralising.

Players over react all the time. It really isn't up to the supporters to hush and grab their petticoats incase it is serious.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Westlondonffc

I was there. When the whites go marching in and the Muniz song were exchanged between the tiers. We were 2-0 up away in a London derby, are we supposed to say a prayer or what? He was clapped off by our fans, calm down