watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Predict The Score - Liverpool V Fulham

Started by White Noise, January 25, 2011, 09:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I have a very good feeling about this game and think Liverpool's victory actually makes it more likely we will win. Though Steve Clarke is a good practical appointment I don't think King Kenny is up to the job. Roy had an initial 'honeymoon' period where the players all seemed to be well behind him and I think Kenny's will last about the same length of time.

I think Fulham are really hitting their stride and we now have an attacking threat to take up there - which they probably wont be expecting! AJ is so close to another goal that I think he could be the hero tomorrow.

I am going for -

Liverpool 1 - 2 Fulham - AJ and Sidwell

WhiteJC

we need to score at least 2 goals, and we won't be given a pen

Fulham 2 - 0 Stoke - AJ and Dembele

Liverpool 0 - 2 Fulham - AJ and Dembele

...well it worked last time  :wink:

AlFayedsChequebook

I was really impressed by Fulham at the weekend, at points we were simply dazzling.

However, going away to Anfield against a rejuvinated Liverpool side is a big ask.

Realistically I see this:

Liverpool 2-0 Fulham

But optimistically I see this:

Liverpool 1-1 Fulham.

The latter would be an outstanding result.

ImperialWhite

I'd take a draw but I'd love it if we win.

Think : 2-1 (bit like the Arsenal game, substituting Nasri for Torres)
Hope : 0-3 (AJ, Dembele, Dembele)

leonffc

I think Ive got 1-1 on the tipping lg so i'll stick with it although I'm really expecting a close defeat.

liverpool 1          -                 1 Fulham

konchesky (pen)  :027:   Sidwell
Torres

Matt

Though one.

Realistic: 2-0 defeat
Optimistic: 0-1 win - AJ
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

jarv

I was thinking same. We can burst Liverpool's balloon. Fulham have come into some better form, Liverpool have had one good game (against rubbish opposition, defenders who don't know the offside rule :011:).
1-2 but will be pleased with the draw. On tv here in USA, looking forward to it.

Jimpav

I think a draw would be realistic.

As Jarv points out they have had one good result under King Kenny (:035:) and that was against one of the worst teams in the league.

I'm pretty sure that some of our players will want to put Liverpools nose out of joint for the way they treated Hodgson and will be out to prove a point.

We are pretty much level in the table with the louse army which if you were a neutral would suggest that we are as good as if not no worse than them.

Lastly, we have not suffered any heavy defeats at Anfiels since Sanchez was in charge, no reason why his should change all of a sudden.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: jarv on January 25, 2011, 10:22:03 AM
I was thinking same. We can burst Liverpool's balloon. Fulham have come into some better form, Liverpool have had one good game (against rubbish opposition, defenders who don't know the offside rule :011:).
1-2 but will be pleased with the draw. On tv here in USA, looking forward to it.

Remember when we burst the Spurs balloon, 08-09, I think it was? That felt great.

Let's burst the Kenny bubble. We can become the bubble busters....teams in title winning/Champions League qualifying/new manager honeymoon period good runs, tremble upon seeing our names in the fixture list!

Jimpav

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 25, 2011, 10:37:17 AM
Let's burst the Kenny bubble. We can become the bubble busters....teams in title winning/Champions League qualifying/new manager honeymoon period good runs, tremble upon seeing our names in the fixture list!

Liverpool tomorrow and then Chelsea in February.

Let's burst those beach balls bubbles.

Burt

Sorry I don't feel good about this one at all.

My Blingo specs got lost after the Stoke match, I think my Spurs-supporting sister may have ate them for dinner.

Liverpool are finding their feet. Gerrard is back. Torres is starting to look like he could actually give a toss. And the crowd's love-in with Dalglish will continue. Notwithstanding our recent pick-up in form, we don't have the strongest away record (tactfully put there...!) and Liverpool will be confident that the 3 points are there for the taking.

I would be delighted with a draw, and not surprised by a defeat.

Sorry chaps...

If we win, I will eat Mr. Corked Hat's corked hat.

You heard it here first  :003:

HatterDon

I think we lose, 2-1. Liverpool are on the up, and we're probably going to go for the draw rather than the win.

I really hope that we pressure Johnson. He is a majorly crap defender at LB. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

Quote from: HatterDon on January 25, 2011, 03:06:15 PM
I think we lose, 2-1. Liverpool are on the up, and we're probably going to go for the draw rather than the win.

I really hope that we pressure Johnson. He is a majorly crap defender at LB. 

I think if Johnson plays at LB, the Duffer should give him plenty to think about. If he plays RB, Moussa will do the job instead. 

SmithyFFC

FTID

MikeR

1-1. I still think Stockdale has a blinder coming; we just didn't need it against Stoke.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Sheepskin Junior

2-1 them AJ finding the net without a deflection
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum