https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1981... Video from when Fulham RC had twice the attendance of FFC

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, April 20, 2024, 05:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

From about 3.10...

https://youtu.be/XLoHnAoB0XI?si=bbc9MmJ8LHtyKrT7

The commentator (Tony Gubba I think) says how the Fulham Rugby Club were averaging 7,000 spectators compared to Fulham Football Club's 4000, over some rather sad scenes of empty terraces.

Come along way.

Lighthouse

That Fulham side wasn't a bad one and the following season did very well. Would have been there and probably between night shifts. Club has moved on and away from the average fan as has the game itself. Such is life.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I was probably there, standing in the Enclosure - we certainly had some decent players.

Fortunes have changed so much for the club, and  football has also undergone enormous change, imagine if we still down in the lower leagues today!

SP

Lovely seeing our old spot on the terrace near the Green Pole, I'm not sure I could stand for so long these days.

Near the end of the game we'd often wander along to be nearer the Hammersmith End turnstiles in order to miss the rush at the final whistle. Great days indeed.

filham

That3rd division Fulham team had some good players, in particular Gale, Brown and Ivor. However Cambell was not a top manager and Macdonald took this team to promotion the very net season and then almost into the 1st division the following season.

Shredhead

Thank you for posting. I think that's my dad in the hat and dark coat standing by himself on an empty terrace at 3 minutes!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC