more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Iwobi

Started by perry geyton, April 21, 2024, 06:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreiBird

Quote from: perry geyton on April 22, 2024, 09:15:50 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on April 22, 2024, 07:10:14 PMAlso think Reed should have been brought on, at least he would have put himself about
Another one that's fallen out of favor with Marco lately,, I'd take Harrison over Lukic all day long

hahahah Christ

Grassy Noel

Quote from: FreiBird on April 23, 2024, 02:31:28 AM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on April 22, 2024, 07:10:14 PMAlso think Reed should have been brought on, at least he would have put himself about
Another one that's fallen out of favor with Marco lately,, I'd take Harrison over Lukic all day long

hahahah Christ

I am still waiting for that first memorable Lukic moment. It may yet arrive.

Fulham 442

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 22, 2024, 08:01:54 PM
Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on April 22, 2024, 07:05:10 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on April 22, 2024, 07:01:24 PMDo you actually think Carney would have made any difference to the game

I think he might have - he's better than Palhinha receiving the ball on the turn and he's far better than Lukic at making himself available for the pass (I'm baffled by Lukic, he seems to have the knack of being in wrong place at all times)

Not saying it would have changed the result or anything, Liverpool were excellent, but might have given us a way of playing out of defence

Lukic had more passes than everyone bar the two centrebacks(who always have more touches and passes than anyone in any team that plays out of the back), and had better passing accuracy (93.3) than everyone bar Cairney and Traore, who were both on for a much shorter period of time. He got on the ball plenty of times and was one of the few that didn't lose it. I also think Andreas is being unfairly criticised as well. He was excellent at pressing and keeping the ball in tight spaces, BDR was excellent at that as well. I don't think anyone of those three players were excellent, but they weren't the problem at all. Iwobi, Robinson, Bassey, Tosin all had poor games, the first two in particular. Palhinha was okay as well, and Castagne and Leno were both good. First half was decent enough from us, but after conceding in the the opening ten minutes of the second half, we looked terrible.

I don't think TC would have made much of a difference, whether he started ahead of Andreas or Lukic, as I don't think he was suited for this type of game. He's much better suited for games in which dominate possesion and can make a real difference. Reed could have perhaps started instead of one of the midfield three, but considering the midfield that started started in both the West Ham and Spurs wins, I'm not surprised Marco decided to stick with the same midfield.

Missing Willian was what disrupted our game the most in my opinion. While I thought Bobby was one of our best players, his skillset is much different from Willian's and we missed Willian badly.
Robinson definitely missed Willian next to him..

WindyCity

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 22, 2024, 04:42:29 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 22, 2024, 03:24:21 PMCan't lay all the blame on Iwobi though.  A number of players had poor outings, Robinson, Leno, Adarabioyo, Palhinha, Pereira just to name a few that come to mind.  Regroup, come out strong v Palace.....

What did Leno do wrong? That free kick was perfection and what could he have done with the other two goals?

Two shots from distance, Leno's anticipation skills and positioning has to be better.  Granted, admittedly, those first two goals were terrific strikes, but still feel our keeper needs to be better.  Now, the 3rd goal, absolutely he should have done much much better.  That was the goal that killed off the game and any chance to get something out of the days' effort. 

I will admit I am not a huge Leno fan.  Mind you, glad to have him in the team.  I view him as a good, reliable, serviceable keeper.  Not a keeper that is great or outstanding.  I really can't recall or identify one game this season where he actually won the team points.  Some of our big wins this season he had very little to do.  Last season, yes, there were several games in which he secured points for the club, and I even voted him motm.  Just not a big fan of him, and he should have done better on that third goal and kept us within a possible result.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on April 22, 2024, 09:14:11 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on April 22, 2024, 07:01:24 PMDo you actually think Carney would have made any difference to the game
Yes for possession absolutely but he almost needs Willian on the pitch too cos those 2 together can def retain the ball and would of took the sting out of Liverpools game IMO

Cairney alone prob would of helped too as he's our best footballer and not getting starts for some unknown reason

He's NOT our best footballer Piri. Send me some of whatever it is you're smoking ::thumb::

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: WindyCity on April 23, 2024, 03:27:57 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 22, 2024, 04:42:29 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on April 22, 2024, 03:24:21 PMCan't lay all the blame on Iwobi though.  A number of players had poor outings, Robinson, Leno, Adarabioyo, Palhinha, Pereira just to name a few that come to mind.  Regroup, come out strong v Palace.....

What did Leno do wrong? That free kick was perfection and what could he have done with the other two goals?

Two shots from distance, Leno's anticipation skills and positioning has to be better.  Granted, admittedly, those first two goals were terrific strikes, but still feel our keeper needs to be better.  Now, the 3rd goal, absolutely he should have done much much better.  That was the goal that killed off the game and any chance to get something out of the days' effort. 

I will admit I am not a huge Leno fan.  Mind you, glad to have him in the team.  I view him as a good, reliable, serviceable keeper.  Not a keeper that is great or outstanding.  I really can't recall or identify one game this season where he actually won the team points.  Some of our big wins this season he had very little to do.  Last season, yes, there were several games in which he secured points for the club, and I even voted him motm.  Just not a big fan of him, and he should have done better on that third goal and kept us within a possible result.

I am sorry but this post just leaves me speechless!

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on April 23, 2024, 03:32:26 PM
Yes for possession absolutely but he almost needs Willian on the pitch too cos those 2 together can def retain the ball and would of took the sting out of Liverpools game IMO

Cairney alone prob would of helped too as he's our best footballer and not getting starts for some unknown reason

He's NOT our best footballer Piri. Send me some of whatever it is you're smoking ::thumb::
You've already got plenty Bongo by the sounds of it

perry geyton

Quote from: FreiBird on April 23, 2024, 02:31:28 AM

hahahah Christ

Oh ok yeah cos Lukic is just miles ahead of Harrison

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on April 23, 2024, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 23, 2024, 03:32:26 PM

You've already got plenty Bongo by the sounds of it

Not enough to believe that TC is our best player :slap:  :slap: You'll be telling me Tim Ream can run faster than Jedi next :slap:  :slap:  May the force be with you Piri Piri ::thumb::

bobbo

Quote from: Bill2 on April 22, 2024, 09:50:54 AM
Quote from: bobbo on April 22, 2024, 09:08:07 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 21, 2024, 08:38:39 PMWe were never winning that game today the Ref was biased. But we were shite second half!
absolutely right but just remember we were only as good as they let us be , now and again you have to hold yer hands up we were beaten by a better team . The lads mostly played to their capacity but as much as it hurts Liverpool we're the better side.
Can't agree with this, a huge number of our wayward passes were not under pressure just poor, Iwobi being the main culprit. These were long and short passes, just look at the one leading to the second goal. Then you had the ref who seemed quite happy to book Fulham players yet didn't apply the same standard for Liverpool. How did Quansai not get booked for his tackle on Pereira, straight out of take one for the team playbook. Ref gave us the advantage but by flooring AP we had lost that.
yeah bill the ref wasn't very good to us I know .BUT what wove said highlights exactly my commone they were the better side . None of their players made the mistakes at the level iwobi did , the lad had a poor game . Even he will know that .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

Quote from: Bill2 on April 22, 2024, 09:50:54 AM
Quote from: bobbo on April 22, 2024, 09:08:07 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 21, 2024, 08:38:39 PMWe were never winning that game today the Ref was biased. But we were shite second half!
absolutely right but just remember we were only as good as they let us be , now and again you have to hold yer hands up we were beaten by a better team . The lads mostly played to their capacity but as much as it hurts Liverpool we're the better side.
Can't agree with this, a huge number of our wayward passes were not under pressure just poor, Iwobi being the main culprit. These were long and short passes, just look at the one leading to the second goal. Then you had the ref who seemed quite happy to book Fulham players yet didn't apply the same standard for Liverpool. How did Quansai not get booked for his tackle on Pereira, straight out of take one for the team playbook. Ref gave us the advantage but by flooring AP we had lost that.
yeah bill the ref wasn't very good to us I know .BUT what youve said highlights exactly my commone they were the better side . None of their players made the mistakes at the level iwobi did , the lad had a poor game . Even he will know that .
1975 just leaving home full of hope