watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Iwobi

Started by perry geyton, April 21, 2024, 06:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Every time we lose it's because the ref is biased, we lost because Liverpool were a far superior team, look who they could bring on, Salah, Nunez & McCallister, there was no way any of our subs could come close to them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Peabody

I take it some of you have never made a mistake at work and always perform to your best and if you did make a mistake and were critiqued by people who don't do your job, that you would accept that criticism with good Grace? Is tha a yes I hear?

alfie

Quote from: Peabody on April 22, 2024, 02:41:47 PMI take it some of you have never made a mistake at work and always perform to your best and if you did make a mistake and were critiqued by people who don't do your job, that you would accept that criticism with good Grace? Is tha a yes I hear?
Mr.P, it's that good old "hindsight".
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

I still like this player.

That said, his passing in this game was abysmal.  Set up one of Liverpool's goals, and his passes way too easily intercepted when in final third and had some scoring chances.

He has had several sub par games recently, might be time for some bench and some MS instruction?

WindyCity

Can't lay all the blame on Iwobi though.  A number of players had poor outings, Robinson, Leno, Adarabioyo, Palhinha, Pereira just to name a few that come to mind. 

Regroup, come out strong v Palace.....

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: WindyCity on April 22, 2024, 03:24:21 PMCan't lay all the blame on Iwobi though.  A number of players had poor outings, Robinson, Leno, Adarabioyo, Palhinha, Pereira just to name a few that come to mind. 

Regroup, come out strong v Palace.....

What did Leno do wrong? That free kick was perfection and what could he have done with the other two goals?

perry geyton

Quote from: Peabody on April 22, 2024, 02:41:47 PMI take it some of you have never made a mistake at work and always perform to your best and if you did make a mistake and were critiqued by people who don't do your job, that you would accept that criticism with good Grace? Is tha a yes I hear?
That's precisely why the original post asked "how did he stay on the pitch"
It's a pop at Marco for not subbing him off way earlier

Thames Bank 1

Do you actually think Carney would have made any difference to the game

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on April 22, 2024, 07:01:24 PMDo you actually think Carney would have made any difference to the game

I think he might have - he's better than Palhinha receiving the ball on the turn and he's far better than Lukic at making himself available for the pass (I'm baffled by Lukic, he seems to have the knack of being in wrong place at all times)

Not saying it would have changed the result or anything, Liverpool were excellent, but might have given us a way of playing out of defence

Thames Bank 1

Also think Reed should have been brought on, at least he would have put himself about

colinwhite

some of the critiicisms on this thread are just plain silly . Iwobi has been excellent for us this season and proved a really good signing . give it  a rest ....

AJW48361

Before 1-2 went 1-3 why not go to 2 up front something needed to change go quicker from back to front the Liverpool C/Bs had it too easy all afternoon.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 21, 2024, 07:20:28 PMSilva likes "workers" like Iwobi & BDR, not thinking footballers who accurately pass to teammates like Tom Cairney. He allowed Liverpool to control the game with no pressure on their defence. The longer your hair swishes around, the more he's impressed.

Thought Liverpool's goal was offside - the line seemed to be drawn through Jota's heel not his toe.

It's curious to characterize BDR as being selected because he's a "worker." He isn't particularly physically gifted and is quite capable on the ball. Imo it's his positional sense combined with the bonus attacking nous from his past life as a striker that continues to get him playing time. 

Woolly Mammoth

Gents,
Let us remember that Liverpool are a top team, one of the best in Europe who have spent far more money assembling their team.

Overall so far this season we have had many moments of glory which were sublime performances and victories.
On the other side of the coin we have also had some disappointing defeats and mediocre performances.

Win lose or draw if you mix it altogether and make a cocktail.
It would still taste sweet, certainly not bitter.
Fulhamish maybe, and the most frustrating issue i feel is our unpredictability and lack of consistency.

However, if i started to dissect the performances where we could improve massively, i would identify the amount of unforced errors we tend to make as a team, too many to enable us to be a genuine force in this Division.

I include both ends and in the middle, so all departments need improvement in conjunction with game management and proper leadership on the field of play.

What it boils down to is quality and that costs money, but also to make up for a lack of quality in a particular area, you have to strengthen your weaknesses and play to your strengths.
From set pieces to drills in training, i would imagine after yesterday Marco had a little homework to do before he laid his head on the pillow.
You either win or you learn, so it is on to the next one up, which is somebody called Crystal Palace.
That is all that matters now is to organise and prepare to beat them one way or another.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on April 22, 2024, 07:05:10 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on April 22, 2024, 07:01:24 PMDo you actually think Carney would have made any difference to the game

I think he might have - he's better than Palhinha receiving the ball on the turn and he's far better than Lukic at making himself available for the pass (I'm baffled by Lukic, he seems to have the knack of being in wrong place at all times)

Not saying it would have changed the result or anything, Liverpool were excellent, but might have given us a way of playing out of defence

Lukic had more passes than everyone bar the two centrebacks(who always have more touches and passes than anyone in any team that plays out of the back), and had better passing accuracy (93.3) than everyone bar Cairney and Traore, who were both on for a much shorter period of time. He got on the ball plenty of times and was one of the few that didn't lose it. I also think Andreas is being unfairly criticised as well. He was excellent at pressing and keeping the ball in tight spaces, BDR was excellent at that as well. I don't think anyone of those three players were excellent, but they weren't the problem at all. Iwobi, Robinson, Bassey, Tosin all had poor games, the first two in particular. Palhinha was okay as well, and Castagne and Leno were both good. First half was decent enough from us, but after conceding in the the opening ten minutes of the second half, we looked terrible.

I don't think TC would have made much of a difference, whether he started ahead of Andreas or Lukic, as I don't think he was suited for this type of game. He's much better suited for games in which dominate possesion and can make a real difference. Reed could have perhaps started instead of one of the midfield three, but considering the midfield that started started in both the West Ham and Spurs wins, I'm not surprised Marco decided to stick with the same midfield.

Missing Willian was what disrupted our game the most in my opinion. While I thought Bobby was one of our best players, his skillset is much different from Willian's and we missed Willian badly.

Woolly Mammoth

If one particular player is going to make that much difference, then what does that say about the other 10.
If we have to keep relying on one player being fit to stand a chance, then we are not going to achieve very much.
It goes deeper than that, which is improvisation, and a different system of play if we have not got a like for like, and if we have not got a like for like, then why not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EN1 FFC

Half the team didn't do themselves justice with poor performances and you can't do that against a side like Liverpool. Giving them back the ball in your own half and not closing down is criminal.

perry geyton

Quote from: colinwhite on April 22, 2024, 07:19:48 PMsome of the critiicisms on this thread are just plain silly . Iwobi has been excellent for us this season and proved a really good signing . give it  a rest ....

Not denying that BUT his passing was shocking and he should of been subbed off way earlier,,, "Marco's responsibility"
Putting Adama on at 85 mins was a joke

perry geyton

Yes for possession absolutely but he almost needs Willian on the pitch too cos those 2 together can def retain the ball and would of took the sting out of Liverpools game IMO

Cairney alone prob would of helped too as he's our best footballer and not getting starts for some unknown reason

perry geyton

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on April 22, 2024, 07:10:14 PMAlso think Reed should have been brought on, at least he would have put himself about
Another one that's fallen out of favor with Marco lately,, I'd take Harrison over Lukic all day long