watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lukic

Started by MickTheBeard, April 25, 2024, 05:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

Lukic on the offal speaking in Serbian which I understand that language.He says I've been crap and hopefully I can go back to Italy which is slower pace and suits my style gliding around like a fairy with no end product.

JimmyConway

Think fairy is a bit harsh! Tend to agree no end product though. Harrison Reed can be slightly limited in his game but you notice him during a game.

Craven Mad

We've done pretty well with him in the team tbh.

The Old Count

Quote from: MickTheBeard on April 25, 2024, 05:11:44 PMLukic on the offal speaking in Serbian which I understand that language.He says I've been crap and hopefully I can go back to Italy which is slower pace and suits my style gliding around like a fairy with no end product.
Good to hear you speak Serbian. Just need to brush up on the English now.

SP

I'll file this under the 'I'd love to hear you say this to his face' category.

H4usuallysitting

St Eve

Quote from: The Old Count on April 25, 2024, 06:25:44 PM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on April 25, 2024, 05:11:44 PMLukic on the offal speaking in Serbian which I understand that language.He says I've been crap and hopefully I can go back to Italy which is slower pace and suits my style gliding around like a fairy with no end product.
Good to hear you speak Serbian. Just need to brush up on the English now.
That's funny

demeant0r

Just off topic, I don't understand how Mick is never able to put a space after full stops but is somehow able to do so after words.

Nick Bateman

I wish that was true but cannot believe what seems like "fake news".  Lukic would never say that and tbh he hasn't been crap. Silva seems to like him, but Fulham lose control without Cairney whom Lukic keeps out. Lukic to me is an average player whereas Cairney is one of the best playmakers in the PL.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

hovewhite

He's part of a good squad,that yes does need additions before you lot tear me apart.and TC playing is purely down to silva,not something I agree with.

Ashington White

I think Lukic gets a lot of stick, but I thought he did well when he had that run in the side when we beat man u and Brighton. Like any player, he needs games, as he got then, coming in here and there isn't easy.  A decent squad player I think.

Twig

Agree with Nick. Totally fake news.

perry geyton

Yeah I heard it too, he also mentioned he'd like to link up with Anguissa over there,,,

filham

Sorry but not bothered by possible departure of Lukic when Read and Cairney are there ready to step into his boots.

Woolly Mammoth

My feelings are that Lukic is steady at best.
I never feel he would ever bust a gut or sweat blood for the team.
I prefer Harrison Reed  and/or Tom Cairney before Lukic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

S.F.Sorrow

Lately we've seemed to to play better football and collect more points with Lukic in the starting 11 but I honestly don't understand why this is the case. Maybe it's pure coincidence. Or maybe I don't have the footballing brain to understand exactly what Lukic contributes to Marco's tactics.

Lukic has been playing all over our midfield, with varying success, from shockingly poor to good, but never outstanding (except maybe in a couple of small glimpses). He seems too lighweight for the "number 6" role and doesn't seem to have the creativity needed from a number 10 at this level. He seems like he could be a decent "number 8" for us though. He's probably an upgrade on Reed (but not nearly the same work rate).

Lukic is definitely not a player we should build our midfield around. His role will probably be more of an "invisible" utility player who gets the job done without picking up many MOTM awards (at least unless he improves significantly). But we need players like that too. I hope he stays for at least another season. He has certainly improved since he joined us. If he keeps improving, who knows? I think footballers should generally be given more time to settle at a new club. Look at Muniz! And look at Ream, who was absolutely SHOCKING during his first couple of years at Fulham, but now he's a cult hero and close to being a club legend!

Let's give Lukic more time. He's not a bad footballer, just a bit inconsistent and he has also occasionally been used in a position that isn't right for his abilities.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2024, 05:40:27 PMMy feelings are that Lukic is steady at best.
I never feel he would ever bust a gut or sweat blood for the team.
I prefer Harrison Reed  and/or Tom Cairney before Lukic.

i would imagine we will be bringing in a central midfield replacement for Francois (the 6th central midfielder for the 1st half of this season). I expect this new CM will be better than either Lukic, Reed or Cairney, but will have to earn his place like Bassey did at CB this season.

Jim©

We actually started passing the ball around a bit when he came on. Watching Reed play 72 backward passes was irritating at best, we're not the same team with Harrison now. Look tmst the back 4 struggling to get the ball out in the first 15 mins, mainly as Reed wasn't showing for the ball.
I like lukic, think he's a decent player.

filham

Sorry but Lukic is no more than cover for Cairney and Reed.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on April 28, 2024, 09:11:18 PMSorry but Lukic is no more than cover for Cairney and Reed.

Clearly not as he's been starting more often and has been out performing the pair of late. Reed is a real trier but very limited on the ball.