watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, April 26, 2024, 05:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Not a relegation battle but a sixpoiter and a must win if we are to manage a top half of the table finish. Palace can be a difficult team to beat.
Changes that can produce a couple of goals are needed.

Leno

Castagne    Tosin    Bassy    Robinson

Cairney      Palhinha

Iwobi          Periera        Willian
                                               Muniz

SerbianLad

Not sure anymore what team is the best, seems like unless Willian plays we really struggle, so really hope he is fit to start. I'd also start Adama ahead of Iwobi, who's been poor recently and I love what I've seen from Adama so far.

love4ffc

If it is true and Tosin is leaving as a free agent, then I would start Diop for the remainder of the season and leave Tosin on the bench.  Or better yet drop Tosin all together and add the Canadian Luc de Fougerolles to the bench.   
                                 Leno
Castagne        Diop        Bassey      Robinson
                  Lukic              Palhinha   
Iwobi                        Pereira                        Willan
                                      Muniz           

I found this to be an interesting tweet by Cottage Tactico. 

https://twitter.com/CottageTactico

The tweet analyzes how Palace has turned things around with Oliver Glasner.  Glasner essentially plays a fluid three at the back that quickly becomes five at the back when out of possession.  This same system has allowed Alonso's Leverkusen, Inzaghi's Inter, and Amorim's Sporting all to become champions of their leagues this season. 

While I do not think now is the right time to change the system, I do see the 3-4-2-1 as a potential formation for next season.  Or at least a solid plan B for Marco.  Reading more of what Cottage Tactico writes I would agree that a 3-4-2-1 formation is possible because Bassey is such a beast and I think could easily play the CB position with the likes of Robinson and Castagne on either side of him. 

I will also agree with Cottage Tactico that If Robinson leaves in the summer Fulham could look for a very attacking LWB who almost replaces him and Willian.  Loads of possibilities in this formation also for the likes of Iwobi and Pereira to be creative when in possession of what would be 7 players in the attack. 

Food for thought for the summer window. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Thames Bank 1

I agree, is Diop injured as has not even been on bench, could even put Kenny in at CB

SP

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 26, 2024, 05:48:15 PMNot sure anymore what team is the best, seems like unless Willian plays we really struggle, so really hope he is fit to start. I'd also start Adama ahead of Iwobi, who's been poor recently and I love what I've seen from Adama so far.

Yes, I'd definitely like to see more of Adama, especially as Palace played on Wednesday evening.

This fixture often ends a draw but I'm feeling there'll be a winner this time.

2-1.

COYWs!

Benny

Tosin can toss off for tomorrow, been shite for weeks anyway.

If Diop is not available then play someone who wants to be here

SP

I have no stats to back it up but I'm sure this fixture often ends 1-1.