more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why did the ref wait until the 90th minute

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 27, 2024, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 27, 2024, 05:03:51 PMTo book Andersen

Agree. Should probably have had one in the first half for his repeated fouls on Muniz. Should have clearly had one in the second for the same offense. Very poor game management by the ref.

Drewry66

I'm kind of glad about it. I think Joao gets a yellow today if he hadn't been so lenient with Andersen and that would have put him one yellow away from a 3 match suspension.

AshfordFFC

posted similar on the offficals thread - cannot believe how long it took the ref to book anderson after everything that had gone on prior!!!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Drewry66 on April 27, 2024, 06:09:03 PMI'm kind of glad about it. I think Joao gets a yellow today if he hadn't been so lenient with Andersen and that would have put him one yellow away from a 3 match suspension.

I agree with this too.  The ref let a lot go on both sides which I think was a good thing, it definitely made for a better and more end to end second half.

And if he had booked Andersen earlier, Joao would definitely had gone in the book too.

hovewhite

A lot of fans moan with refs stopping play and using to many cards,well done referee.

Jock White

The annoying thing was he gave him a talking to in the first half then when he did it again in the second gave him another talking to when it should have been a booking...

Benny

Because he followed the general trend of ref's we've had this season......dog shite

This has been the worst season for it I can ever remember

Bill2

Quote from: Drewry66 on April 27, 2024, 06:09:03 PMI'm kind of glad about it. I think Joao gets a yellow today if he hadn't been so lenient with Andersen and that would have put him one yellow away from a 3 match suspension.
From memory Jaoa only committed the one foul and that was quite a soft one and not deserving a card. Anderson was doing it right from KO and should have got a card in the first half for 2 fouls within minutes of each other. Getting a card early means that the player has to walk the proverbial tightrope the rest of the game. Not so easy when in the thick of defence.

Deeping_white

He made 3 fouls in the first half and 5 by about 60 mins. Even the most lenient of refs should be booking him by his 3rd/4th foul for an accumulation of niggly fouls, one of which he definitely left one on Muniz and was worthy of a yellow

Drewry66

Quote from: Bill2 on April 28, 2024, 11:36:01 AM
From memory Jaoa only committed the one foul and that was quite a soft one and not deserving a card. Anderson was doing it right from KO and should have got a card in the first half for 2 fouls within minutes of each other. Getting a card early means that the player has to walk the proverbial tightrope the rest of the game. Not so easy when in the thick of defence.

I was watching on TV mate and Joao definitely had a few. The sliding tackle first half could well have been a yellow and has been for him many times this season. The commentators noted that he prob got away with one because Andersen had got away with so many. Andersen was way worse and defo should have got an earlier yellow but with the way refs are with Joao think it defo saved him and as I say way more important as want him in for Brentford and had he been on 14 we'd be risking him being suspended first game of next season. If he gets one against Brentford more comfortable with him missing city and Luton although not getting one yesterday gives a chance for him to play all 3 if he is careful.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: hovewhite on April 28, 2024, 07:46:11 AMA lot of fans moan with refs stopping play and using to many cards,well done referee.

The ref gave a freekick for every Andersen foul...and spoke with Andersen every time....after the 8th foul on the 90 minute he finally booked him....so...the ref continually stopped play