News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With all this sexism going on, would you be happy with a female playing for FFC?

Started by FatFreddysCat, January 25, 2011, 08:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

As i mentioned earlier the slighting of a woman lines (person) is way more important than all the deaths in Moscow according to the papers, but if some girlie was good enough to play premiership football would you honestly be happy for her to play for Fulham? And if yes, come on do me a favour, we'd be a laughing stock, surely you cant be all that politically correct (brainwashed and henpecked) to say it would be acceptable. Unlike my other posts this one isn't a wind up, it would trully be the death of football.

ImperialWhite

It's not comparing like with like, so it's not really a sensible question.

It isn't sexist to say that an elite male athlete will be bigger/taller/faster than an equivalent elite female athlete, so we'd never see a female player in a Fulham shirt.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

once she'd finished the ironing and done the washing up,no problems at all

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 25, 2011, 08:56:02 PM

It isn't sexist to say that an elite male athlete will be bigger/taller/faster than an equivalent elite female athlete, so we'd never see a female player in a Fulham shirt.
I did say if she was good enough, men are on the whole fitter / stronger etc, but some (shall we say masculine woman????) challenged me to an arm wrestle at a cafe in Reading once when they used to play at Elm park and i had to back down because she would have beat the ex mayor of California, and would have showed me right up in front of my mates, so it is an pertinent question? Come on a Fatima Whitbread at Center back?

duffbeer

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 25, 2011, 08:56:02 PM

EJ is bigger/stronger/faster than Messi but that doesnt make him a better footballer.  Just sayin' it's possible.

Jimpav

That lady who plays for Arsenal and England would probably give Kamara and EJ a run for their money.

Being less facetious I'm sure that the England womens team could beat a league 2 side.

I appreciate it's a bit like saying who would win a fight between a gorilla and a great White shark but you get my drift.

Anyway, I would say No. Call me Andy Gray but it just wouldn't be right.

SuffolkWhite

Jimpav

"Anyway, I would say No. Call me Andy Gray but it just wouldn't be right."

ANDY GRAY  :011:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on January 25, 2011, 09:24:13 PM
That lady who plays for Arsenal and England would probably give Kamara and EJ a run for their money.

Being less facetious I'm sure that the England womens team could beat a league 2 side.

I appreciate it's a bit like saying who would win a fight between a gorilla and a great White shark but you get my drift.

Anyway, I would say No. Call me Andy Gray but it just wouldn't be right.
No way would a League two team lose to the England Womens team, i'd be shocked if my old Northolt saints sunday team would, infact they would definately have lost. But good to see you in the no crowd.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

FatFreddysCat

Senior Supporter

Surely Newcastle have already got that bird with the long hair. Her name's Carol I think.

LRCN

hmm... no i don't think so, not sure why but it wouldnt feel right.

FatFreddysCat

And we could of course have a rhyming slang one in Damien Duff  :002:

Scrumpy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 25, 2011, 08:44:46 PM
As i mentioned earlier the slighting of a woman lines (person) is way more important than all the deaths in Moscow according to the papers, but if some girlie was good enough to play premiership football would you honestly be happy for her to play for Fulham? And if yes, come on do me a favour, we'd be a laughing stock, surely you cant be all that politically correct (brainwashed and henpecked) to say it would be acceptable. Unlike my other posts this one isn't a wind up, it would trully be the death of football.
Not one of your better analogies Fred, but if someone is good enough, then I could not give a damn whether they're male, female, black, white or asian. That Assistant Ref was better than many of her male counterparts, so did not deserve to be ridiculed by these two old Dinasours. Most women will take a sexist joke in good humour, (just like some of your tongue in cheek quips on here give us all a giggle) but when the comments are meant in all seriousness, and appear to be genuine beliefs from Gray and Keys, then it is a different matter. I do agree with you, however, that the bomb in Russia should be given far more exposure than these 2 numbnuts.

I'm not hen-pecked, but I guess I may be brain-washed because I cannot see how anyone can listen to what they said without cringeing.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 25, 2011, 10:22:51 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 25, 2011, 08:44:46 PM
Not one of your better analogies Fred, but if someone is good enough, then I could not give a damn whether they're male, female, black, white or asian. That Assistant Ref was better than many of her male counterparts, so did not deserve to be ridiculed by these two old Dinasours. Most women will take a sexist joke in good humour, (just like some of your tongue in cheek quips on here give us all a giggle) but when the comments are meant in all seriousness, and appear to be genuine beliefs from Gray and Keys, then it is a different matter. I do agree with you, however, that the bomb in Russia should be given far more exposure than these 2 numbnuts.

I'm not hen-pecked, but I guess I may be brain-washed because I cannot see how anyone can listen to what they said without cringeing.
Good arguement well put Scrumpy, but of course completely wrong . I would of course add that women should stay at home on saturdays and look after the kids, but i seem to have had a role reversal there. But of course on the other hand if i want to go away for the weekend to Rome, Germany etc i just tell er i'm going, none of that asking lark  :028:

FatFreddysCat

If we had a fast but ugly right footed forward would she be a right minger?  :002:

TheDon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 25, 2011, 10:40:17 PM
If we had a fast but ugly right footed forward would she be a right minger?  :002:

lol thats cracked me up  :005:

TheDaddy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 25, 2011, 10:40:17 PM
CLASSIC Had me in stitches.Only you Fred could think of that out loudly  :57:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "