more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gera Bid Rejected

Started by Ordar, January 26, 2011, 10:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6702263,00.html

Fulham have turned down a bid from Sampdoria for Zoltan Gera, skysports.com understands.

Gera's future at Fulham has been the subject of conjecture with his current contract due to expire in the summer.

A number of clubs at home and abroad are thought to be keeping tabs on Gera's situation at Craven Cottage with the Hungarian yet to agree a new deal.

Gera is thought to be considering his future at Fulham with the player struggling to hold down a regular place in Mark Hughes' starting XI this season

Sampdoria are believed to have tested Fulham's resolve to keep hold of the 31-year-old by making a firm offer for the versatile attacker, only for their bid to be snubbed.

It remains to be seen if the Italian side will come back with an improved offer for Gera before the close of the transfer window with a host of other sides also weighing up a bid for Fulham's player of the season last term.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

just got the same off the transfer watch-Fulham have turned down a bid from Sampdoria for Zolta Gera, skysports.com understands

White Noise

He's gone for sure. Its just a metter of where.

os5889

Its not going away folks, tonight could be a Zolly swan song!

Ordar

To be honest, I wouldnt be as bothered as quite a few fans seem to be if he did go.

He's a good squad player, fantastic when given the space in Europe, but just doesnt perform as well in the league.

Also doesnt help that he is basically a slightly worse version of Dempsey, who I criticise but has been playing well. Both players tend to float around, and dont seem to have a position they are outstanding at playing.

Will be interesting to see, when everyone is fit, if Dempsey actually plays?

I think we'd be looking at this line up with everyone fit (with the current squad)

Schwarzer

Pantsil                     Hangeland      Hughes              Baird

Duff/Dempsey           Murphy          Sidwell/Etuhu      Dembele

Zamora          Johnson

BalDrick

'To be honest, I wouldnt be as bothered as quite a few fans seem to be if he did go.'

No, nor me. The one slight reservation I have is he played very well off Zamora, who's back pretty soon. Shame for him to go if Hughes has nobody lined up to play off Bobby - good though AJ looked at the weekend, it's not been a great pairing really.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

HatterDon

Everybody goes sooner or later, retired/sold/released. I like Gera a lot -- I spent months defending him here and elsewhere -- and I hope he gets a good gig where he can play and contribute.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Ordar on January 26, 2011, 10:55:32 AM
To be honest, I wouldnt be as bothered as quite a few fans seem to be if he did go.

He's a good squad player, fantastic when given the space in Europe, but just doesnt perform as well in the league.

Also doesnt help that he is basically a slightly worse version of Dempsey, who I criticise but has been playing well. Both players tend to float around, and dont seem to have a position they are outstanding at playing.

Will be interesting to see, when everyone is fit, if Dempsey actually plays?

I think we'd be looking at this line up with everyone fit (with the current squad)

Schwarzer

Pantsil                     Hangeland      Hughes              Baird

Duff/Dempsey           Murphy          Sidwell/Etuhu      Dembele

Zamora          Johnson

Dempsey is undroppable this season.