watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zoltan Gera To Blackpool

Started by White Noise, January 26, 2011, 11:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853766-zoltan-gera-considering-fulham-exit-as-blackpool-join-potential-suitors#Scene_1

Zoltan Gera 'considering Fulham exit as Blackpool join potential suitors'

Blackpool have been linked with a move for Fulham's Zoltan Gera as manger Ian Holloway plans for life after Charlie Adam.

Left chasing: Zoltan Gera has been kept on Fulham's bench and wants out of Craven Cottage (Pic: Getty Images)

Gera has become disgruntled at Craven Cottage with manager Mark Hughes struggling to find room for him in the squad.

The Hungarian's contract runs out in the summer and Italian side Sampadoria have already come knocking for the talented winger.

While Gera won't provide Holloway with an Adam type box-to-box midfielder, the 31-year-old would sure up Blackpool's right flank and add a wealth of top-flight experience.

Attack has been Holloway's philosophy this season and the Seasider's are reported to be considering changing their line-up to play Frenchman Ludovic Sylvestre in Adam's position with Gera taking over the right from Elliot Grandin.

Fulham fans have pleaded for Gera to stay. However, plans to bring in Chelsea's Gael Kakuta on-loan for the rest of the season means the Hungarian's competition for game time will become even more intense.

Adam's transfer, which could skyrocket to £14million would leave Blackpool in a good position to sign Gera, who is valued at around £4million.

Gera's agent Vladan Filipovic confirmed a move was being pondered, telling Nemzeti Sport: 'I talk with Zolly every day, who is frustrated, because he plays less.

'I hope his future will be sorted in a few days, and he changes club.

'I negotiated about him with Fulham's directors, because there are clubs which would pay for him.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853766-zoltan-gera-considering-fulham-exit-as-blackpool-join-potential-suitors#ixzz1C8nP9baz

os5889

BalDrick

Gera, Greening and the Saffer one way, Adam the other. Job's a good un!
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FatFreddysCat

Blackpool have a 12k a week wage cap, just guessing but i reckon Gera must be on roughly double that. If true though £4 million would be a great return on an older player out of contract in june, i'd have thought half a million top whack considering what we payed for Sidwell.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 26, 2011, 12:05:56 PM
Blackpool have a 12k a week wage cap, just guessing but i reckon Gera must be on roughly double that. If true though £4 million would be a great return on an older player out of contract in june, i'd have thought half a million top whack considering what we payed for Sidwell.

Was about to say that!