watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Questions for the Mods

Started by Jimpav, January 27, 2011, 10:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

As I said would 500 or 600 x £5 per annum be a help? As someone suggested should we have a Blue Peter style appeal with a figure in mind as to what figure we need to achieve?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

It was disastrous it went belly up last night.

I was in the chat room, enjoying the comfortable surroundings and refreshments that Mr LB had laid on, when it all went Pete Tong.

Some sort of fund raising as per the other messages would be a great idea, if it helps avoid such a large hole appearing in our lives again...

LBNo11

...I already had some figures put together to respond to a previous post on the subject of financing FOF, last nights events have put those figures in question as we have been working on a shoestring thanks to WhiteJC's line of work and Admins personal generosity. Donations have been sporadic but gratefully received and they have helped keep us going.

I have asked that we look at costs to have our own unlimited bandwidth (whatever that is) to ensure we are not left FOFless again and we will let you know the results.

Subscriptions are NOT the way we want to go, and we are hoping to keep FOF ticking over with low profile adverts as mentioned, although steady donations will help. Some of the proposed contributions being mentioned would enable us Mods to have gold thrones instead of seats at Craven Cottage. Keeping FOF going is first and foremost, any extra may go towards merchandise that will in turn keep us running - but charitable donations to good causes (like the statue to Mr Fayed) or  when members do marathons etc., may be made if there is any excess as long as it wouldn't compromise the funding/running of this site.

Thanks again for your support and interest, and it really is all of you that makes this site what it is. Onwards and FOFwards...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sipwell

@ LB: I wasn't referring to a compulsory "going around with the hat" but just an indication of how much FoF needs, so that those interested know what to give :-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

LRCN

i would like to add that any donations for the mods such as beers, season tickets and executive boxes are always appreciated.  :wine:

LBNo11

Quote from: Lork on January 28, 2011, 09:14:43 AM
i would like to add that any donations for the mods such as beers, season tickets and executive boxes are always appreciated.  :wine:

...obviously Admin hasn't told you about the Friends Of Fulham executive box (with the gold plated loo an' everything), probably because you are too young to appreciate the fine wines, champagne and Beluga Caviar, (I seem to remember you thought canapes were round green vegetables in a tin, so embarassing) etc...

MJG

More than happy to help but an understanding of the total costs would be better.
I have to say since starting to post ( I was a lurker before) this is the first fulham site I go to. I still post on the other forums but at least on this one most seem willing to read other peoples pov's and respond in a sensible way. 
I was lost not being able to login while watching the game the other day, so whatever is needed to keep things running I will try and help.

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 28, 2011, 09:26:17 AM
Quote from: Lork on January 28, 2011, 09:14:43 AM

...obviously Admin hasn't told you about the Friends Of Fulham executive box (with the gold plated loo an' everything), probably because you are too young to appreciate the fine wines, champagne and Beluga Caviar, (I seem to remember you thought canapes were round green vegetables in a tin, so embarassing) etc...
And I used to think can apes were extinct...  :022:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

I see that everyone's been rushing for the Paypal button - the link's stopped working!

Just as I was about to deposit my measly allowance into it...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 28, 2011, 09:43:37 AM
I see that everyone's been rushing for the Paypal button - the link's stopped working!

...a good try Eq, but the link is working fine, now please send your annual £1.00 donation..!

richie17

Paul Tomkins of the Tomkins Times (a Liverpool blog) charges £3.50 a month for his site and has towards 2,000 subscribers now.  So he's doing pretty well out of it.  I imagine FOF could go along something like this, perhaps even just a one off charge of a fiver.

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 28, 2011, 09:57:12 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 28, 2011, 09:43:37 AM

...a good try Eq, but the link is working fine, now please send your annual £1.00 donation..!

Hmm.. must just be broken for me. Will try again when I get home.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc