watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky Says SWP Loan Move Is Getting More Difficult

Started by White Noise, January 27, 2011, 12:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/26/2325025/fulham-manager-mark-hughes-admits-loan-move-for-manchester

Fulham manager Mark Hughes admits loan move for Manchester City star Shaun Wright-Phillips will be difficult

Welsh boss believes Fulham deserved something from Liverpool defeat

26 Jan 2011 23:35:00

By Greg Stobart at Anfield

Fulham manager Mark Hughes admits it is becoming 'more and more difficult' to seal a loan move for Manchester City star Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The Cottagers have been in talks over a six-month deal for the midfielder with a view to a permanent move for around £4 million at the end of the season.

But City are refusing to subsidise the England international's £60,000-a-week wages, with Fulham's budget only stretching to an offer of a £45,000 weekly salary.

And after watching his side lose 1-0 at Liverpool on Wednesday night, Hughes revealed there were significant stumbling blocks that could mean the move falls through.

He said: "We've enquired but it seems like it's becoming more and more difficult. There are a lot of things being put in our way to prevent that."

Liverpool took all three points at Anfield after John Paintsil sliced into his own net seven minutes after the re-start.

Fulham came into the game in good form and could easily have equalised as they piled on the pressure in the final 15 minutes of the clash.

"To say we should have got something is an understatement," added Hughes.

"Sometimes you come here, get battered for 90 minutes but come away with a draw. Today was the opposite.

"As an away side we came here and took the game to Liverpool. It's disappointing not to get anything out of it – we deserved something.

"I thought overall, apart from a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half, we were by far the dominant team. But we didn't make it count.

"We made errors before it actually became an own-goal. But it doesn't dent our confidence because we're playing well at the moment."

Matt

Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

White Noise

Hughes ready to concede defeat on SWP

Published 12:45 27/01/11

By MirrorFootball

Fulham manager Mark Hughes is ready to concede defeat in his bid to sign Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips before the end of the transfer window.

Hughes brought the England international back to Eastlands from Chelsea when he was City manager in the summer of 2008.

He was hoping to sign the 29-year-old for the Cottagers but negotiations have hit a stumbling block - reported to be wages which City will not subsidise - which Hughes is not sure can be overcome.

"We've enquired, that is well documented, but it seems that it is becoming more and more difficult and more things are being put in our way to stop us being able to conclude that," he said.

Hughes has, however, brought in Chelsea forward Gael Kakuta on loan until the end of the season.

"He is an exciting young talent and we were pleased we were able to bring him to the club," the Cottagers boss added.

"He has got good technical ability and pace, which we maybe lack in certain positions."

Hughes has not ruled out making more signings before next Monday.

"We will look and see what is out there but in fairness we are getting close to the end of the window and anything we get in now we have to be certain it will make a real difference to us," he said.

"We have a good group here but if there are other players who have different skill sets who might enhance it we would look at it."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-transfer-news-Mark-Hughes-ready-to-concede-defeat-on-Shaun-Wright-Phillips-swoop-article683417.html#ixzz1CF9mvVBk

AlFayedsChequebook

Good news. We have Kakuta for pace now. Hopefully this means a striker will be on his way in.

Lighthouse

Yes I think we get it by now. That's why we have gone for Oh Kalkata on loan. But really we need a target man,  you know not a drawf fro Spuds or a winger from Palace. I presume we are not going to get one despite our best efforts and we will be left with a season of if only we had a few more points we could have blah blah blah.

Good football without an end product is still pointless. An own goal without a reply is still no points however well we played right up to the moment of scoring.

NOTE - SORRY POSTED BEFORE ALFAYEDCHEQUEBOOK NOT IN REPLY TO.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

When you say winger from Palace Liughthouse - did you have anyone in mind?

Its just that someone was saying we are linked with Wilfried Zaha of Palace in today's 'Sun' but I can't find the story. They call him a striker but I think he plays wide as well.

The last time we mentioned him on here was the end of last year -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Liverpool-to-battle-Fulham-over-young-Crystal-Palace-hotshot-Wilfried-Zaha-article658317.html

Lighthouse

Quote from: White Noise on January 27, 2011, 02:08:42 PM
When you say winger from Palace Liughthouse - did you have anyone in mind?

Its just that someone was saying we are linked with Wilfried Zaha of Palace in today's 'Sun' but I can't find the story. They call him a striker but I think he plays wide as well.

The last time we mentioned him on here was the end of last year -

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Liverpool-to-battle-Fulham-over-young-Crystal-Palace-hotshot-Wilfried-Zaha-article658317.html

Yes Zaha was mentioned before and on another MB today plus a Palace fan mentioned it to me yesterday. But when I said we were after a target player we both dismissed Zaha as being likely.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope