watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Score Predictions Against Shakhtar

Started by White Noise, February 16, 2010, 08:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

The Ruskies have not played a game since mid-December, the bookies have us as favourites to win, Fulham seem to be genuinely up for this game, we have players back from injury and there should be a pretty full-house.

Plus -

Fulham's Complete Home European Record

P12 W8 D4 L0 F18 A6

Therefore -

Means 2-1 to Fulham. Zamora and Davies to score.

TheDaddy

I do belive you have the wrong equation  formula Whitenoise this is projectile  Motion and if my calculations are right we should win 3-0

stereo is thrown off a cliff 100 m high at 10ms-1 whilst playing Cliff Richard songs at full volume. How far does it travel?

Horizontally: When t = 0, u = 10 ms-1, a = 0

Vertically: When t = 0, u = 0, a =10ms-2 (Note: I've chosen down to be positive)

Use the equations of motion with either the horizontal or vertical information, but never mix information from both.

The only thing that is going to be exactly the same both horizontally and vertically at any moment is time, t.

If we look vertically first:

List know quantities first:

u = 0 m/s

s = +100 m

a = +10 m/s2

time to reach ground below cliff = t seconds

So, use equation s = ut + ½ at²

100 = 0.t + ½ at²

100 + 5t²

t² = 20

t = √ 20 = 4.47s

It travels horizontally for this same time,

So, u = 10 m/s

t = 4.47s

a = 0 m/s²

s = horizontal distance from landing to the base of cliff

s = ut + ½ at²

s = 10. 4.47 + ½. 0 . (4.47)² = 44.7 + 10

= 44.7 m

So the stereo will travel a distance of 44.7 m away from the cliff before it reaches it stops playing Cliff Richard.

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

clintclintdeuce

Im going for a 3-0 win..... just a sneaky suspiscion.
The Dude abides.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: White Noise on February 16, 2010, 08:12:24 PM
the bookies have us as favourites to win

Apologies for being pedantic here, but I don't think they do. Odds checker have the best odds as follows:
FFC win: 13/8 (38.1% chance)
Draw: 23/10 (30.3% chance)
Shakhtar win: 9/5 (35.71% chance)

It seems to me that the bookies only think we'll have a slight advantage (albeit our odds will probably have been tweaked downwards since we're the English club so are probably going to pick up more bets in our favour).

n.b. I realise that the 'best odds' as given by odds checker will give the lowest probabilities in each case. Couldn't be bothered to figure out an average.

edit: But I think we might just edge it if we're lucky, so 2-1.

Jimpav

I don't think a win is a foregone conclusion. We have had some great results recently but let's be rational.

We beat bargain basement Notts County, never won away Burnley and pound shop Pompey. Shaktar are not going to be a push over.

I think a draw would be a heartbreaking but realistic result.

finnster01

Anything other than a loss will surprise me as I have not taken my Blingo pills today, and given the fact we started a very strong team against Notts, I think this will be the opposite unfortunately. Kelly, Greening et al in all their glory
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fulham_Adam

Don't think it will be as easy as some are suggesting.

I'm hoping for a 1-0 victory but think we might concede and can see it being 1-1.
The past is told by those who win.

HatterDon

the only thing I'm comfortable in predicting is a 5th consecutive clean sheet. I don't know whether that'll mean one point or three.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tktd

For me it'll be down to our defence!

Their team is full of top quality players (they may not play them all!?) and they can and have broken down the best defences.

That said though our defence is one of the best in the league and if they all turn up then we could easily keep a clean sheet.

My only issue is LB and RB - Baird I feel is too slow and Kelly is the biggest pile of turd I've seen this season. Everytime I watch him I just see him constantly mess up and will not be suprised if he's sold in the summer.

Bobby and Elm if they both start i'm comfortable with and think they can cause the shaktar defence problems.

Tbh - and i've been feeling this alot recently including when watching the Utd - AC Milan game today no match is really that predictable nowadays!

After AC Milans first 20 mins you'd be forgiven to think that they could thrash Utd 3-4 nil. You would never have envisaged it to end 3-2.

gu15whites

1-0 bobby

stoping them scoring is the important thing!

KCat

Isn't their defence really good ????
but our boy are confident and with Davies and Duff on the field of play together, how great is that ????
1-0  Duff to score   

clintclintdeuce

Shaktar in Europe so far:

FC Timisoara v Shaktar 2-2* Timisoara go to Champions League on away goals

Shaktar v Sivasspor 5-0 on aggregate to get into group stages

Brugge 1-4 Shaktar
Shaktar 4-1 Partizan Belgrade
Shaktar 4-0 Tolouse
Tolouse 0-2 Shaktar
Partizan 1-0 Shaktar
Shaktar 0-0 Brugge

Last year

Shaktar 5-1 Dinamo Zagreb to get into group stages of Champions League

FC Basel 1 - 2 Shakhtar Donetsk
Shakhtar Donetsk 1 - 2 Barcelona
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 - 1 Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Lisbon 1 - 0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Shakhtar Donetsk 5 - 0 FC Basel
Barcelona 2 - 3 Shakhtar Donetsk

Knocked into UEFA CUP

Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk
CSKA Moscow 1 - 0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 0 CSKA Moscow
Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 0 Marseille
Marseille 1 - 2 Shakhtar Donetsk
Dynamo Kiev 1 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 1 Dynamo Kiev
Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 1 Werder Bremen

I would reckon we would be 85% of the teams that they beat. I do not see them as world beaters, but a good team from a 3rd tier league in Europe. I would think we should beat at home, and should be able to draw away. We were the 7th best team in England last yar, and that counts for alot. Could Shaktar be 7th in our league, I dont really think so.
The Dude abides.

Tom

Fulham for life!

SuffolkWhite

I have to admit I can only see a draw, but it is vital that we don't concede as we could get a 1-1 away!

0-0 for me. 
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FC Silver Fox

They are lacking match sharpness.       2-1  Fulham
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Equalizer

Anything other than a home win and I reckon our cup run is over. People underestimate how good the USSR league has become since the end of the Cold War and Shaktar are a fine example of it.

However, like Pompey winning the FA Cup a couple of years ago, I believe that Shaktar's UEFA win last year was over-inflated and a tad 'lucky'. So I'm going for a comfortable 3-0 home victory.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

mrska

2-0 to the whites...  anything NIL  will do me... gna be tough over there..

blingo

Dont be fooled by the lack of match fitness they will be ready so we will only beat them 5-0.