watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN: Liverpool Reject Chelsea bid for Fernando Torres

Started by os5889, January 27, 2011, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...strong rumours that Torres' first game after the transfer window could be in a blue shirt against his former club...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ImperialWhite

His armband proves that he's a red blue Torres Torres,
You'll never walk alone Keep the blue flag flying high he said, Torres Torres,
We bought the lad from sunny Spain Liverpool he got the ball he scored again,
Fernando Torres Liverpool's Chelsea's number 9.

Pata

ImperialWhite, I was actually responding to finnster's dream. But you could also observe how a player who only a month ago was apparently a clapped out has been under Hodgson's able tutelage is now the subject of a massive offer.
My gut reaction to the Suarez news today was "that's Torres out". I would be amazed if even the "good" Americans would just dip in their pockets and slap 20-odd million quid on the table.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Pata on January 28, 2011, 09:39:13 PM
ImperialWhite, I was actually responding to finnster's dream. But you could also observe how a player who only a month ago was apparently a clapped out has been under Hodgson's able tutelage is now the subject of a massive offer.
My gut reaction to the Suarez news today was "that's Torres out". I would be amazed if even the "good" Americans would just dip in their pockets and slap 20-odd million quid on the table.

Fair enough, apologies - although I don't think Liverpool fans give enough credit *to Roy* (edit: oops, key words missing there...) for persuading Reina and Torres to stay that summer. However bad you think Roy is as a manager, I do think you should appreciate that he 'steadied the ship' admirably during the transition between H/G and NESV.

Can't see how selling one of your few world class players would slot into a Boston Red Sox-esque ascent to greatness though. Assumed they (NESV) were loaded, to be honest.

Scrumpy

SSN confirming that Fernando Torres HAS handed in a transfer request. Rejected at the moment.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Pata

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 28, 2011, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: Pata on January 28, 2011, 09:39:13 PM

Fair enough, apologies - although I don't think Liverpool fans give enough credit *to Roy* (edit: oops, key words missing there...) for persuading Reina and Torres to stay that summer. However bad you think Roy is as a manager, I do think you should appreciate that he 'steadied the ship' admirably during the transition between H/G and NESV.

Can't see how selling one of your few world class players would slot into a Boston Red Sox-esque ascent to greatness though. Assumed they (NESV) were loaded, to be honest.
I think they stayed despite Hodgson's arrival in the summer, rather than because of it.

I think he did a very poor job of steadying the ship and you could see the effect on Torres - his morale slumped alarmingly.

I find it hard to believe NESV would be prepared to spend such money just yet. If the events of the next 3 days prove me wrong, that would be great; however, the Torres situation does not look encouraging, even though I find it all a bit puzzling - mid-season move, 3 days* to go in the transfer window, to a team that needs a rebuild...

*I realise that he didn't just wake up yesterday morning saying "That's it, gotta move, like, now" but the reports so far seem to indicate that this is a recent development. My only hope is that this is a massive smoke screen for something else going on but that's really clutching to straws.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

RidgeRider

Well, no matter how you slice it, or what bias you bring to this bit of news, Torres wants out just like Mascherano and Alonso and with rumors of Gerrard and Reina feeling same......it seems Liverpool is no longer a desired place to play for world class players regardless who is managing. My opinion is Torres realizes the disorder is not sorted yet and he won't be playing Champions League football anytime in the near future.......unless he leaves.

The stories for 60M though are pretty amazing. That's a lot of dough. Imagine what MAF, Allistair and MH could do with that kind of dosh to throw around?

os5889

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2011, 02:17:54 PM
Well, no matter how you slice it, or what bias you bring to this bit of news, Torres wants out just like Mascherano and Alonso and with rumors of Gerrard and Reina feeling same......it seems Liverpool is no longer a desired place to play for world class players regardless who is managing. My opinion is Torres realizes the disorder is not sorted yet and he won't be playing Champions League football anytime in the near future.......unless he leaves.

The stories for 60M though are pretty amazing. That's a lot of dough. Imagine what MAF, Allistair and MH could do with that kind of dosh to throw around?

Marlet, Kamara, EJ, Bouazza and AJ were what they did with £40 m

RidgeRider

Quote from: os5889 on January 29, 2011, 02:19:57 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2011, 02:17:54 PM

Marlet, Kamara, EJ, Bouazza and AJ were what they did with £40 m

MAF is the only constant with those decisions, though Alistair might have been around for AJ, I can't recall. That's the problem you have when you don't have a lot of dough and you only 'occasionally' reach into the bigger signings.

finnster01

I'd imagine with that kind of money to spare Mark Hughes would buy 8 extra midfielders  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on January 29, 2011, 02:30:48 PM
I'd imagine with that kind of money to spare Mark Hughes would buy 8 extra midfielders  :035:
:011:

Be nice!  :wink: