os5889

Interesting one this!

Chelsea told a big fat NO! :wine: :wine: :yay: :yay:

os5889

Confirmed as an official bid by Livepool ~ £35 million

finnster01

Quote from: os5889 on January 27, 2011, 11:38:37 PM
If you have to pay 24 million quid for Darren Bent, then 35 million for Torres is a complete joke.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on January 27, 2011, 11:40:06 PM
Quote from: os5889 on January 27, 2011, 11:38:37 PM
If you have to pay 24 million quid for Darren Bent, then 35 million for Torres is a complete joke.

I think only really Ronaldo, Messi, Tevez and Barca front 5 could command more. If the expensive Lucas (Kaka) is £55, Torres is easily that!

Torres is one player I can unashamedly say I love to watch play when he is on form, incredible player!

ron

The current Rouble exchange rate isn't that much in Chelsea's favour.

BalDrick

That would be dreadful if it came off. Have no time for the mickey mousers but I do like Torres, to see him in blue would be awful. Don't think we've heard the last of this though.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

cutbushcitylimits

think this is going to happen.....although painful to see him in blue...would love it to happen to king kennys darlings

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cutbushcitylimits on January 28, 2011, 11:28:14 AM
think this is going to happen.....although painful to see him in blue...would love it to happen to king kennys darlings

I am caught between wanting to p*** on Liverpool's 'ascent to greatness' and not wanting Chelsea to improve.

The Equalizer

Sadly there may be some weight in this. Guess who owns a house in Putney?

"A number of famous people have lived or live in Putney including footballer Fernando Torres, Bobby Moore, Thomas Cromwell, Kenelm Lee Guiness who was a racing driver, and singers Leon Jackson and Simon Le Bon, plus many others."

http://www.aboutthisvan.co.uk/southwest-london/sw15-house-and-office-moves-putney

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ImperialWhite

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 28, 2011, 11:47:30 AM

"A number of famous people have lived or live in Putney including footballer Fernando Torres, Bobby Moore, Thomas Cromwell, Kenelm Lee Guiness who was a racing driver, and singers Leon Jackson and Simon Le Bon, plus many others."

http://www.aboutthisvan.co.uk/southwest-london/sw15-house-and-office-moves-putney

Maybe Al Fayed will give himself a little birthday treat?

Torres to Fulham, you heard it first!

Matt

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 28, 2011, 11:50:33 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 28, 2011, 11:47:30 AM

Maybe Al Fayed will give himself a little birthday treat?

Torres to Fulham, you heard it first!

I've got a tenner on it!
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

finnster01

Imagine Torres and Bobby up front with Dembele and Dempsey on the wings...?

Oh well, imagination and fantasy is a wonderful thing... :dft001:

cebu

Quote from: finnster01 on January 28, 2011, 12:34:23 PM
Imagine Torres and Bobby up front with Dembele and Dempsey on the wings...?

Oh well, imagination and fantasy is a wonderful thing... :dft001:

That's weird, I was having the exact same fantasy. Telepathy?   :002:

Pata

Hang on... is this the same knackered/past it/lost his pace/disinterested as of only last month Fernando Torres??? Well, I never...
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

finnster01

Yes, but in a different shirt so he has something to play for other than a bunch of plastic kopites with lobotomy

Pata

I'm fat, I'm Scouse

SoCalJoe

Knowing how Henry runs the Boston Red Sox, I would be surprised if it happened (unless the Scum tack on an extra 15 mill. to that reportedly 35). For Reds haters this guy is bad news. He is a winner, understands tradition of an historically important club (Boston equates to Liverpool in MLB), and is willing to shell out cash. Hicks is a buffoon and was a terrible owner of his US based teams. The Red Sox are consistent contenders and spend by far the 2nd most in baseball (only the Yankees have more resources).
You can observe a lot by just watching.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Pata on January 28, 2011, 03:57:28 PM
(Tries to visualise this "something". Fails.)

Champions League football, is this "something" you're aiming for.

Can't see a player of Torres' calibre wanting to play for an upper midtable outfit for too long.

Pata

I'm fat, I'm Scouse

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Pata on January 28, 2011, 07:49:18 PM
In a Fulham shirt? Ah, I see. Silly-silly me.

Erm, what? Do us a favour...(lolz), I wasn't seriously suggesting Fulham could have him. Obviously.  :doh:

That "something", the chance to play in the Champions League, is what he will have to play for when he moves to Chelsea.

Luis "Dracula" Suarez IN, Fernando "his armband says the he's a red as long as they have ambition" Torres OUT.