watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Were Grey and Keys set up?

Started by epsomraver, January 28, 2011, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Sian Massey, the referee at the centre of the Sky Sports sexism row, has been withdrawn from duty at the weekend due to the intense media attention on her.
The 25-year-old was due to referee the Blue Square Bet North match between Corby Town and Eastwood on Saturday

that is a big come down from Liverpool v wolves in the Premier league, cannot imagine Webb or any other top ref or lino doing a blue square? the plot thickens

The Doctor

I think she was due to officiate at a midweek game as well, no idea what division though.

I think there are different levels of referee, so with a certain qualification you can ref a non-League game or run the line at any level.  But you need to have the highest qualifications to ref in the top divisions, and there are so few of them that they're not used for anything else.  I could be wrong though.  Presumably Massey's reffing at non-League level is part of the process of "paying your dues" on the way up the reffing ranks?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Can't see what the assistant ref's duties has to do with any conspiracy theory  There is probably more than enough dirt on those two plonkers to sack them 2 or 3 time over...

epsomraver

It was a league 2 game midweek , just seems strange to bring in a lino from the lower leagues for the televised game, ..................or was it?

BalDrick

Having a female lino isn't exactly a set-up is it? They still had to say 'them things'.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Chopper

Quote from: epsomraver on January 28, 2011, 04:03:11 PM
It was a league 2 game midweek , just seems strange to bring in a lino from the lower leagues for the televised game, ..................or was it?

she was going to be a linesman at Crewe mid-week.

I think that's how it works for the assistant officials though. Effectively they ARE assistant Refs, so she can ref at Blue Square level but assit at league level. I think the Wolves game was her first at Premier league level and no doubt there is a desire to fast track female officials to the highest level. It's a gradual process though, you get a few games one season, then maybe become a regular official for a couple more before being included in the "elite" team.

I can remember Uriah Rennie making it from a dreadful performance at the game between us and Barnet in the bottom division to regular Prem ref within 2 or 3 seasons.

She is obviously highly thought of, and I'm sure she'll be getting regular appearances in the league at some level in the near future. Hope the furore doesn't put her off.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Burt

Failing to see how this could have been a set-up.

It would have taken elaborate fixing to make sure she was running the line at that particular match and in any event it would not have worked if AG and RK didn't say what they said.

:dead horse:

finnster01

Quote from: Chopper on January 28, 2011, 04:19:40 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 28, 2011, 04:03:11 PM

I can remember Uriah Rennie making it from a dreadful performance at the game between us and Barnet in the bottom division to regular Prem ref within 2 or 3 seasons.

Unfortunately I remember Uriah Rennie too.

How shite was he  :032:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

Still feel sorry for the lineswoman who again has been taken off REFEREE duty tomorrow in a Blue Square Match. Blimmin Keys and Gray were only set up once they had made the comments off air. The whole thing should have been dealt with within 24 hours of Keys phoning the lineswoman up and apologising. Instead SKY have dripped dripped the comments and dragged the whole thing out. Awful management and really only one victim and that is the lineswoman. Who gives a toss about overpayed twats like Gray and Keys. They will soon find a job for some pathetic broadcast company.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Doctor

What Beamer said.  They're managing to milk the publicity, aren't they?  It's at times like this I'm glad I've never paid Sky any of my hard-earned - well, not directly anyway

LBNo11

...I don't know or frankly care if the presenters of Sith sky sports were set up, but it is an interesting time as the evil Emperor (Darth Insidious) pays us a visit to silence (Jedi mind tricks)the leaks surrounding his publication News of Alderan the World and their comms. hacking at the same time as recent events. Timing, co-incidence or using the force..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

And yet there are Klingons on the starboard bow  :tom:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I think that they are trying to show that they are cleaning up their act so that they can get control of BSkyB

Logicalman

I have a feeling this is one conspiracy theory that almost equals Eurabia!!!  :wine:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 28, 2011, 05:25:01 PM
I think that they are trying to show that they are cleaning up their act so that they can get control of BSkyB

I suspect that Messrs Cameron and Murdoch came to an "understanding" at around the time that News Corp decided to back the Tories.

VB

kind of ironic that Sky are playing there 'moral highground' when in the show SoccerAM they have some young lady prancing up and down in front of a group whooping blokes,

sexist my arse
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same