watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A wee bit disappointed

Started by london irish, January 28, 2011, 06:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

london irish

Greetings FRIENDS OF FULHAM,hope you're well.......just thought id add my 2 cents into the mix.
Ihave to say im a bit disappointed with the January tranfer window.I know its been brought up before but i thought we'd have a striker on board by now...Who knows what goes on in the Fulham boardroom etc,i know we have a wage structure etc and it makes good sense not to break that,but maybe just stretch it a little :dft010:...bobbys back soon but along way off full fitness and confidence,im sure hughes was on the case but maybe his hands were tied,i dnt know but still a few days left..............thats all i have to say... COYW'S!

Lighthouse

Have to say I agree with the feeling a tad fed up. I spent all my efforts saying that we cannot judge Hughes until after January. Now I understand how hard this window is to open and find the right player. But the fact is we are no better off than we were before. A fast kid and a central midfield player would not have made me so willing to back Hughes.

We are playing well and yes we have Dembele back and AJ is looking sharp. But BZ is a month away at least before returning to the squad and if the Liverpool game proved anything is that we lack fire power. It will only take an injury to Demps or AJ and I fear our season will return to relegation threatened good football side.

So yes not very happy at all. A few injury problems up front and we are back to square one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Some people collect stamps, Mark Hughes collects midfielders
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

We're playing well and that means that the player who will improve the team by adding goals will be mega expensive and wanted by bigger teams than us.

Our competitors haven't strengthened particularly or at least not with players that I covet.

There'll be last minute deals and the likes of SWP and RB will be lowering their demands but I'd prefer that we kept our nerve, stick with this squad and reconsider in the summer.

Of course we could, like half the teams in the League, go down but not the way we're currently playing. Recent performances, since Boxing Day, show that Hughes is now getting the best out of the squad as important players get stronger.

No need for us to panic or the club to panic spend IMO.