ImperialWhite

SuffolkWhite

He'll get sent off you just know it  :007:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

os5889

I said it then, I said it now, if it was me 119th minute of the game, I'd have done the same

ImperialWhite

Quote from: os5889 on January 28, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
I said it then, I said it now, if it was me 119th minute of the game, I'd have done the same

I don't what I would do - I hope I wouldn't do that.

If I did I'd feel terrible; World Cup medals have to be earnt to feel special. I certainly wouldn't brag about it afterwards.

Jimpav

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 28, 2011, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: os5889 on January 28, 2011, 09:25:35 PM

I don't what I would do - I hope I wouldn't do that.

If I did I'd feel terrible; World Cup medals have to be earnt to feel special. I certainly wouldn't brag about it afterwards.

I agree. This was another low point in a pretty poor world cup. I think Sunderland v Liverpool would be tasty too.

The Doctor

I've a workmate who was incensed by that handball.  And he's English - no links to Ghana whatsoever, and no particular hatred of Uruguay.  The day after that game, he said: "Suarez is a filthy cheat.  If he came to play in the Premiership I would go to every single game he played in just to boo him"

This fella's a Liverpool fan.  I've offered him a ticket for 7th May

duffbeer

I felt terrible for Ghana.  It wasnt so much the handball as his reaction, as others have pointed out.  He will always be a villian to me. 

Scrumpy

Quote from: duffbeer on January 28, 2011, 11:18:19 PM
I felt terrible for Ghana.  It wasnt so much the handball as his reaction, as others have pointed out.  He will always be a villian to me. 

Agreed. I think players all do things instinctively, without thinking. You can almost forgive it when it's a split second decision. I remember Rufus doing a diving hand ball on the line away to Birmingham. But at least he looked suitably ashamed afterwards, and kept well away from any limelight after the game.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

os5889

Quote from: duffbeer on January 28, 2011, 11:18:19 PM

The reaction was Terrible!

epsomraver

The instinctive  reaction from a footballer should be to head the ball , only a goalkeepers reaction should be to throw an arm out.

os5889

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AmericanJames

The thing is from the looks of the picture he could have gotten his head on it. Personally I don't know if would have taken the red in that situation, but I guess its tough to judge the guy from my arm chair.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

os5889

For all the villiany the number 4 looks like he's made one hell of an attempt at the save too! Or is he going for a bit of night feve!

Logicalman

Based on this incident (and my belief the laws should be changed to allow the ref to award a goal in such circumstances and book the player for ungentlemanly conduct) I have a question for all the buffs on here:

Has a goal ever been awarded when the ball hasn't actually crossed the line (and I mean obviously - not just a mistake by the linesman/ref with poor eyesight)?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Logicalman on January 30, 2011, 01:35:51 PM

Based on this incident (and my belief the laws should be changed to allow the ref to award a goal in such circumstances and book the player for ungentlemanly conduct) I have a question for all the buffs on here:

Has a goal ever been awarded when the ball hasn't actually crossed the line (and I mean obviously - not just a mistake by the linesman/ref with poor eyesight)?

Exactly, completely agree.

It's very easy, I think.
DOGSO (denying a goal scoring opportunity) - red card (possible penalty)
new rule: DAG (denying a goal) - goal, red card

cebu

Agree with you IW. The punishment should discourage players ever doing this again.