watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WHO PUT THE BALL IN THE POMPEY NET

Started by LRCN, January 29, 2011, 12:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/MurphySignsNewDeal.aspx

The Club is delighted to can confirm that captain Danny Murphy has signed a contract extension that will see the former England midfielder remain at the Cottage until at least the summer of 2012.

Murphy has been an inspirational leader for Fulham since his arrival at the Club in the summer of 2007, captaining the Team to their most successful ever domestic and European campaigns.

On Saturday Murphy said:

"I'm delighted to have signed a contract extension this morning. As a Club we've achieved great things during my time at Fulham so far, not least our highest ever League finish and reaching the Europa League Final, and it is a great source of pride for me, as Club captain, to have played a role in some truly historic moments for Fulham Football Club.

"We've made great progress as a Club, on and off the pitch over the past few years, and with the Chairman's continued support, I believe we've got many more great years ahead of us.

"On Sunday we've got a massive game against Spurs in the FA Cup and as a Team we will give our all tomorrow afternoon to earn a place in the Fifth Round. I'm sure it's going to be a great atmosphere at the Cottage and hopefully we can continue our impressive start to 2011."

SmithyFFC

Good news, although his legs have gone  :hook: :005:
FTID

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

cebu

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 29, 2011, 12:43:53 PM

You beat me to it!   :005:

Senior Supporter

They said the same about Douglas Bader, and look what he went on to achieve.   :doh:

finnster01

Quote from: SS on January 29, 2011, 04:12:06 PM

They said the same about Douglas Bader, and look what he went on to achieve.   :doh:
A bit naughty there Mr SS, but you could say a bit of the same about Stephen Hawking but at least he's got a pair of wheels and a remote control...  :038:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

b+w geezer

Great news. In my short time on here I think I've already agreed several times that he's best of kind for us since Haynes -- by some distance in my view. The announcement describes him accurately as an ex-England player, but I reckon that South Africa might well have been less shambolic for us had either Scholes accepted the last-minute call or the Murph been drafted in when he refused.  Maybe Wlishere will prove their heir. Otherwise Joey Barton is the nearest I can think of, which isn't that near. Murphys are rare commodities, so having him should be savoured while it lasts.

os5889

SmithyFFC

Quote from: os5889 on January 29, 2011, 11:05:08 PM

The euphoria of this moment!

Look at Sean Davis in the background, bet he was glad it went in really.
FTID