watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- Heaven... I'm in Heaven ...

Started by HatterDon, January 29, 2011, 09:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

The missus is "a tax pro," and with the first crush of people filing their returns here in the states, she's working overtime. Today it was from 0900-1600 [on a Saturday], so the day was mine. You'll be pleased to know that I used it well:

0600-0800 Everton v. The Undead -- Nice to see Saha working, and also nice to see that Terry's run of bad form is now well into its third season. Without Alex to hold him up, he looks exactly like the crap he is.

0900-1100 Stevenage v. Reading -- Cracking match, and I loved the rather complex Stevenage chanting. Good cup football this.

1100-1300 Southampton v. Man U -- If you saw the Blackpool league match, you didn't need to see this one. United looked like crap for 60 minutes and then brought it home easily. It was fun to hear the home fans chanting to the United supporters, "You only live 'round the corner." I've heard that somewhere before.  :005:

1300-1500 Torquay United v. Crawley Town -- Since I teethed on 3rd and 4th division football in the late 60s, this had several old familiar rings. There were 15-30 second bursts of skill in the midst of no-holds barred effort and aggression. Each of these sides had a rugby player in their defense, and when Torquay's Branston was block off from an equalizer by one of his teammates, his reaction wo so frightening I had to hit the pause button and go to the loo. Two saved penalties, two sendings off, 53 yellow cards, and two bottles of Scotch for the 4-man officiating crew this evening.

Great day. I mean, my eyeballs are rectangular, but I'm in heaven. I LOVES ME SOME FA CUP
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LRCN

i'm well gutted, planned on hardcore fa cup filled day but ended up having so little sleep that i slept through the 3 oclock and evening kick offs.

CincyFulham1

Working 3rd shift at the hospital so I slept all day but DVr'ed the matches, so I didn't actually read Don's post in fear I might see a final score.  I hate watching a match if I already know who has won. 

NogoodBoyo

Read last week's Economist cover to cover - so missed them all.
Nogood "no priorities" Boyo

Scrumpy

Had a similar day. My missus was off shopping with a friend, so I was left in charge of cleaning 2 cars. Decided to utilise the local hand car wash (who is typically Polish, but a really decent bloke). I spent my time more effectively, catching most of the football on the box. :yay: Happy days.

Now we've just got the small matter of a cold trip to The Cottage tomorrow.

You whites!!!!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.