News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

two days left...are you disappointed, philosophical or happy?

Started by RidgeRider, January 30, 2011, 02:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Are you preparing your post now that we've added two quality players on good terms, have been fiscally smart in the process and have let some deadwood clear out, or are you fully disappointed at the lack of ambition by the club at the fact we haven't added a target striker or left back?

I know some of you are already preparing to support what the club has done and some will be sorely disappointed that once again, after news stories about how Fulham have money to spend, they don't actually spend it.

To be honest, I think I am in the middle........so philosophical.

CorkCity

Im not disappointed, its not worth buying players just cos we have money to spend, Hughes obviously knows the type of players he wants and is prepared to wait.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

WhiteJC

I guess the problem will be if we go on a bad run then Sparky and his supporters won't be able to say its not his team as he could/should have got "his" players in.

Like just about everyone else, I would love to see a striker either on loan or purchase, even that very nice Mr Bellamy?

Lighthouse

Yes its hard, yes it is silly money for players. But for several seasons we have been missing a terget player and Hughes has stated all season that we are missing a forward. Even with BZ coming back we badly need another player upfront. So we sell Elm and bring in a fast wide player  like Dembele. Dembele is great but no finisher. Plus a midfielder who could have come in the Summer.

One injury to Dempsey or AJ or BZ and we are going to struggle

Disappointed if we bring in nobody else. Disappointed if we don't bring in a forward.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2011, 03:06:10 PM
Dembele is great but no finisher.

not to hijack this thread but this is so true. most likely why he wasn't playing forward prior to coming to fulham, but as you say a very skillful player and excellent addition by MH.

bog

A tad miffed as I expected a forward to be signed. Robbie Keane I really expected us to go for. Emm.