watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Sidwell's Contribution

Started by Senior Supporter, January 30, 2011, 09:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

I actually thought he had a petty good game, tough his passing could have been a tad more decisive and accurate at times. Covered a lot of ground, made some good tackles, covered his defenders well and even made a couple of decent runs into the opposition penalty area.  Certainly felt he looked a more accomplished player than Etuhu has done recently.

HatterDon

Quote from: Tonywa on January 31, 2011, 10:27:18 AM
I actually thought he had a petty good game, tough his passing could have been a tad more decisive and accurate at times. Covered a lot of ground, made some good tackles, covered his defenders well and even made a couple of decent runs into the opposition penalty area.  Certainly felt he looked a more accomplished player than Etuhu has done recently.

Once again, I scratch my head as the perspective of various observers. I thought that each of Etuhu's last 4 matches was significantly better than the one before. Just shows to go you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

goffc

i trust sparky - it will be competitive to see who gets that spot on matchday...so let them sort it out and trust we are a stronger side due to his signing. 

:clap_hands:

Blingo

Will improve as he gets more playing time. A very good player who WILL get his career back on track with us. The only thing I see that's a little negative is that he tends to be a little rash at times and that could cost us.

LordNelson

I don't know how anyone could say at this point Sidwell over Etuhu--the former having too few touches in the games that he has played for us and too few games to fairly judge.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

ron

He is better than Etuhu. I can see that already he has taken ownership of the position he was given. Etuhu is still far too often content to play a hurried backward or square ball, frequently playing it with insufficient pace so it turns into a 50-50.

ScalleysDad

The Etuhu conundrum continues then. He is built like an outside facility and yet he gets knocked off the ball far too easily, he jumps for headers as if he does'nt really want to and as has been said his passing can be wayward. He dictaes his space like a blancmange. Sidwell already looks more  composed and has that combative edge to his game. No brainer for me really.