watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Freddy Adu

Started by sunburywhite, January 31, 2011, 06:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

There was a time that he was a teen sensation thought likely to be fetching a fee of £30m one deadline day. It didn't quite work out like that, though, did it? Now 21, he has just been loaned out by Benfica to Turkish club Rizespor until the end of the season, following a series of spectacularly unsuccessful similar moves.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

mccscratch

Freddy was and probably still is talented but he has a very big ego for such a small little man...  He refused to let Benefica out of the 5 year contract when it was clear (4 managers since the one that signed him have left) he was no longer wanted by the club and his salary prevented decent enough but not rich enough teams from taking him on loan... I guess I can understand when a guy is making half million per season in wages and his contract still runs through the summer of 2012 that it would be hard to throw that money away. (Wintson Bogarde anyone?)

Still only 21 but not nearly as fast as people first thought when they watched him dominate the U20 WC back in 2007... Pato who was also a star at that competition has gone on to big things for AC Milan while Adu can't even get a 6 month loan in anything other than Greece or Turkey... It all goes to show that promise in youth competitions mean nothing and hype can be just that...hype....

Good luck living up to 35 million quid expectations Andy Carroll...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

sunburywhite

A very familiar story, a bit like mine really except I lacked talent to go along with my lack of pace
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

timmyg

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

LBNo11

...naming Mr Adu more than twice on this forum can result in a  :red: and lifetime ban. See Offal for details (is that character still around on the offal - he even had a website dedicated to Muchadu - very strange to be that fixated about one player)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mccscratch

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 31, 2011, 07:21:12 PM
...naming Mr Adu more than twice on this forum can result in a  :red: and lifetime ban. See Offal for details (is that character still around on the offal - he even had a website dedicated to Muchadu - very strange to be that fixated about one player)...

Haha.. come on, we all loved FACTMAN... funny thing was, I believe he was English...he certainly caused as much havoc as he did amusement though.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Haha.. come on, we all loved FACTMAN.
[/quote]
no we didn't,don't speak for everyone here, I think the guy was an unfunny moronic borderline psychotic sociopath!

mccscratch

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on January 31, 2011, 07:54:38 PM
Haha.. come on, we all loved FACTMAN.
no we didn't,don't speak for everyone here, I think the guy was an unfunny moronic borderline psychotic sociopath!
[/quote]

RSR.... I was being facetious...

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

:001: :001: :001: use the emoticon's then and give us a chance,you can't mention that idiot on here and not expect a strong reaction :031: :031: :001: