watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will the transfer of Andy Carroll effect Newcastle on Wednesday

Started by The Swan, January 31, 2011, 07:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I know that Andy Carroll would not be fit to play against us on Wednesday , but with his transfer to Liverpool will it affect Newcastle against us. Will they be gutted that Carroll is no longer a Newcastle player and play crap.  Will they up their game to show that they don't need him.
I hope that we can make the same sort of start that we did against Spurs.
In our last two home games the opposition have given away a penalty which resulted in their player getting sent off. Can we make it a hat trick against Newcastle. My money is on Barton getting red carded.
The Swan

White Noise

You make a good point. I think he has been the face of the team for some while and the replacement strikers they are being linked with smack of a complete lack of ambition. It must make their players wonder where they are going as a club. I don't like the thought of Stephen Irelnd joining Joey Barton in midfield but I think this is, overall, a good time to be playing them.

Fernhurst

Yes it will deflate the club undoubtedly but he has not been playing lately so Pardew will just have to get on with it.

Our form and confidence should be sky high so unless Pardew has a very cunning plan to thwart us I fully expect a 2 - 0 win. 

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Burt

Quote from: bigalffc on January 31, 2011, 08:19:38 PM
yep they'll be wondering where the club's ambition is.

Although £35m for him is something they really couldn't refuse.

A laughable fee.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Burt on January 31, 2011, 08:57:53 PM
Quote from: bigalffc on January 31, 2011, 08:19:38 PM
yep they'll be wondering where the club's ambition is.

Although £35m for him is something they really couldn't refuse.

A laughable fee.

Agreed laughable......makes the BENT deal look cheap though?

LBNo11

...I had us down for a 2 goal difference win before Carroll left the barcodes team he would never leave. It may be an opportunity for their players to put themselves in the next shop window and show their stuff; but in truth I doubt it, I think they may be more than a little crestfallen and the heads will go down quickly under sustained early pressure from us and an early goal.

There is always Fulhamish waiting to bite us on the bum of course, but I smell three points..!

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LordNelson

Only good for us!!!  I predict Barton will get a  :red: for being in a foul mood to boot.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"