watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

anybhody else

Started by wadey, February 17, 2010, 01:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadey

notice the similarity between david elm and .....................frank large???? ;) ;) ;)

mrska

All i can see is  Peter Crouch in Elmsy mate...  wish he's start scoring as many!

epsomraver

I really think Mr S that he is doing  the same as Gera did at first, trying too hard, it affected Gera and dented his confidence, if he can relax a la Shorey I think he will be good.

TonyGilroy

I think Elm's doing fine.

The lack of pace is a given but he's scored and had shots on target. Had assists for 2 goals that I can recall. He's been busy, energetic and showed quite a lot of skill and nous. His attitude appears first class.

He's not going to be a 20 goal a season super star but really pretty impressive for a guy new to the Premiere League.

Frank Large is much maligned. He was a good lower league player past his best who joined a club in decline. It wasn't his fault he wasn't Allan Clarke.

finnster01

Quote from: epsomraver on February 17, 2010, 01:30:34 PM
I really think Mr S that he is doing  the same as Gera did at first, trying too hard, it affected Gera and dented his confidence, if he can relax a la Shorey I think he will be good.
Difference is, Mr Epsom, Shorey has already played for England in meaningful games so he can relax a little bit. Elm came from the backwaters of the Swedish league and has always struggled to live up to his more famous brothers. A bit Bjorn Helge Riise like. He will never be compared favorably to his older brother.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

Yes i agree fellas.. im already seeing improvement.  His goal would of done him the power of good, plus the nice little lay off for Bobby's blast on Sunday..x

simplyfulham

Couple of things..

TG,

Elm, 'skill and nous'? Not sure we're watching the same player? Not slagging him off, his work rate is second to none and he's done a good job grafting up front and winning challenges in the air. He's adapated quite quickly since he's started playing and long may it continue..

Finn,

I believe both his brothers are actually younger then him, so reverse case of the Riise's.

TonyGilroy

Clever lay offs for the goals he's assisted.