https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else a college basketball fan?

Started by Tom, February 01, 2011, 08:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ag

Quote from: Tom on February 24, 2011, 07:04:12 PM
Quote from: AmericanJames on February 24, 2011, 04:40:10 PM
just out of curiosity whats your strength of schedule at?
Aztecs #34 and Duke is #39. We have a better SOS than Duke. So we have a better SOS and record than Duke but they are ranked ahead of us?  :tom:

I get that you're proud of your Aztecs (as you should be), but really?  You're not going to overcome the perception of Duke (much less defending champion Duke) with one good season.  Beauty is, this ain't college football, so your boys will have every opportunity to show how good they are (or aren't) in a month.

Tom

Quote from: Ag on February 25, 2011, 02:00:28 AM
Quote from: Tom on February 24, 2011, 07:04:12 PM
Quote from: AmericanJames on February 24, 2011, 04:40:10 PM
just out of curiosity whats your strength of schedule at?
Aztecs #34 and Duke is #39. We have a better SOS than Duke. So we have a better SOS and record than Duke but they are ranked ahead of us?  :tom:

Beauty is, this ain't college football, so your boys will have every opportunity to show how good they are (or aren't) in a month.
That's right!
Fulham for life!

Tom

Getting ready to leave for the big game. I will give you guys a report after I get home from the game. If you want to watch game, it is on CBS at 11 am pacific, so 2 pm eastern. Go Aztecs!!!
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

BAHAHAHA Jim-mer Jim-mer :clap_hands:

must hurt more at home
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 27, 2011, 03:53:23 AM

must hurt more at home
First off, I want to say nice win by Michigan today James. You guys are squarely on the bubble now. I have to give credit to BYU, they were the better team today and absolutely deserve to be ranked ahead of us Monday. We did a good job on Jimmer today but the rest of BYU's team stepped up. BYU shot 60% from three point land and made 14 three's. They also shot 47% from the field and 86% from the free throw line. You are not going to beat many teams when they shoot like that. They deserved to win today and we didn't play bad. Great atmosphere at the game!
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on February 27, 2011, 05:14:41 AM

must hurt more at home
First off, I want to say nice win by Michigan today James. You guys are squarely on the bubble now. I have to give credit to BYU, they were the better team today and absolutely deserve to be ranked ahead of us Monday. We did a good job on Jimmer today but the rest of BYU's team stepped up. BYU shot 60% from three point land and made 14 three's. They also shot 47% from the field and 86% from the free throw line. You are not going to beat many teams when they shoot like that. They deserved to win today and we didn't play bad. Great atmosphere at the game!

Missed the game, but had to give you  hard time.Michigan will be on the bubble if they can beat MSU at home and have a decent run in the Big10 tournament. I hope they can but right now im not hopeful. How do you think this will effect your seeding? Especially with Duke and Texas losing today.  

AmericanJames

BTW im glad this page mad it 4 pages before March Madness, too bad we dont have hockey fans on here :002:

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on February 27, 2011, 07:44:24 AM
Quote from: Tom on February 27, 2011, 05:14:41 AM

must hurt more at home

Missed the game, but had to give you  hard time.Michigan will be on the bubble if they can beat MSU at home and have a decent run in the Big10 tournament. I hope they can but right now im not hopeful. How do you think this will effect your seeding? Especially with Duke and Texas losing today.  
I think you guys are on the bubble now and just need to win some games. If we win our next 2 regular season games, we should be a #2 or #3 seed. I hope we get another shot at BYU in the MWC tournament.
Fulham for life!

Ag

Thanks to this thread and an article in Saturday's paper about "The Show", I tuned in and watched the game.  Fredette is evil.  That deep three he pops out of nowhere and rarely misses is just a dagger.  SDSt was so preoccupied with Jimmer, they left the rest of the BYU squad wide open outside and unfortunately for the home side, they weren't missing.  I don't know Tom, I think I'd hope to avoid BYU from here on out if I were you.  They look like a bad matchup for your boys.  It happens.

You did have a great atmosphere, aside from a few bad apples throwing crap on the court at the end.  Two questions for ya.  1, are you the banana, the elf or the gecko?  And 2, the bicycle helmets,  :tom:.

AJ, I'm a hockey fan btw.  Been a Caps fan since their inaugural season.

Tom

Quote from: Ag on February 28, 2011, 07:11:44 AM
Thanks to this thread and an article in Saturday's paper about "The Show", I tuned in and watched the game.  Fredette is evil.  That deep three he pops out of nowhere and rarely misses is just a dagger.  SDSt was so preoccupied with Jimmer, they left the rest of the BYU squad wide open outside and unfortunately for the home side, they weren't missing.  I don't know Tom, I think I'd hope to avoid BYU from here on out if I were you.  They look like a bad matchup for your boys.  It happens.

You did have a great atmosphere, aside from a few bad apples throwing crap on the court at the end.  Two questions for ya.  1, are you the banana, the elf or the gecko?  And 2, the bicycle helmets,  :tom:.

AJ, I'm a hockey fan btw.  Been a Caps fan since their inaugural season.
I want another shot at them at the MWC tournament next month. The atmosphere was unbelievable! One knucklehead threw a water bottle on the court at the end of the game. No, im not the banana, elf or gecko. The original banana is now working over in Amsterdam. Bicycle helmets is to make fun of the mormons. They wear white collard shirts with ties and name tags. They ride around on bikes and have to wear helmets. Pretty hilarious!
Fulham for life!

dtowndough

Damn, I sure am sorry I'm just finding this thread.  Things are heating up for sure.  Think the Big East will get 10 in?

AmericanJames

Quote from: dtowndough on March 02, 2011, 09:25:28 PM
Damn, I sure am sorry I'm just finding this thread.  Things are heating up for sure.  Think the Big East will get 10 in?

They have 8 teams ranked as of today and looking at the bracketology on espn they have them getting 11 in as of now

Tom

I think they will get 9 in for sure.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 03, 2011, 01:57:58 AM

They have 8 teams ranked as of today and looking at the bracketology on espn they have them getting 11 in as of now
I can't see them getting 11 in, 10 at the most.
Fulham for life!

Tom

My Aztecs got back on track last night by beating the sh!t out of Wyoming. I was a little worried we might have a little let down after the loss last Saturday, plus we always struggle up at Wyoming. For anyone who doesn't know, Wyoming plays at the highest altitude here in the States. 7,200 feet above sea level, players get tired very quickly. Hopefully we will take care of business Saturday on senior night and beat Colorado State and go into the MWC tournament at 29-2. Btw, we still have the best record in basketball.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 03:40:04 AM

Just going on what they have on ESPN, but I would think 10 seems the be the magic number

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 03, 2011, 03:45:03 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 03:40:04 AM

Just going on what they have on ESPN, but I would think 10 seems the be the magic number
I have a feeling your Michigan boys will get in. They just need to make a decent run at the Big 10 tourny.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Win in the regular season finale against MSU at home would be huge, a loss and I feel they will need to win atleast 2 in the Big 10 turney. Here's to hope, but it has been a nice turnaround after losing I think it was 7 straight at one point in the season. I just hope they look at how well we've played against top teams (syracuse, osu and kansas) in games we didnt win

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on March 03, 2011, 05:38:19 AM
Win in the regular season finale against MSU at home would be huge, a loss and I feel they will need to win atleast 2 in the Big 10 turney. Here's to hope, but it has been a nice turnaround after losing I think it was 7 straight at one point in the season. I just hope they look at how well we've played against top teams (syracuse, osu and kansas) in games we didnt win
Well James, you got your wish. Nice win over MSU. Great night in San Diego! Beat CSU and are co-champs with BYU. Best record in college basketball at 29-2. Should move up 2 to 3 spots in the new polls on Monday. If we run the table and win the MWC tournament and get some help, we could still get a #1 seed. Should get no worse than a #2 seed. Can't wait to hit Vegas on Wednesday for the tournament. Disappointed Fulham isn't playing this weekend, would have loved to have bet on them like I did last year. Go Aztecs!!!
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on March 06, 2011, 07:45:35 AM
Quote from: AmericanJames on March 03, 2011, 05:38:19 AM
Well James, you got your wish. Nice win over MSU. Great night in San Diego! Beat CSU and are co-champs with BYU. Best record in college basketball at 29-2. Should move up 2 to 3 spots in the new polls on Monday. If we run the table and win the MWC tournament and get some help, we could still get a #1 seed. Should get no worse than a #2 seed. Can't wait to hit Vegas on Wednesday for the tournament. Disappointed Fulham isn't playing this weekend, would have loved to have bet on them like I did last year. Go Aztecs!!!

Great win yesterday, first sweep on them since 96-97 and now the 4 seed and the 1st round bye in the big ten tournament things are looking up for us. MSU on the other hand may be one there way to the NIT if they dont win atleast 1 if not 2 in the tourny. Nice work on the regular season and the MWC tourny  just gota lot easier fro you with that honor code dismissal at BYU. But soon it will be time to see how you play with your dancing shoes on.