News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Think Gudjohnsen & Kakuta Will Play Tomorrow?

Started by White Noise, February 01, 2011, 11:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

FULHAM v Newcastle: Gudjohnsen and Kakuta poised for debuts

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:09 AM on 1st February 2011

New loan signings Eidur Gudjohnsen and Gael Kakuta could make their first appearances for Fulham in Wednesday's Barclays Premier League clash against Newcastle.

Gudjohnsen has been registered for the Cottagers after completing his loan move from Stoke while Kakuta missed Sunday's 4-0 win over Tottenham as he was cup-tied.

Just along the road: Kakuta (right) has made the short journey to Fulham

David Stockdale is likely to continue in goal as Mark Schwarzer is tired after his exploits with Australia in the Asian Cup and Dickson Etuhu is a doubt with a hamstring injury.

Provisional squad: Stockdale, Pantsil, Hangeland, Hughes, Baird, Davies, Riise, Murphy, Sidwell, Etuhu, Duff, Dempsey, Gudjohnsen, Kakuta, Kamara, Gera, Dembele, Etheridge, Salcido, Greening, A Johnson, Halliche. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1352428/FULHAM-v-Newcastle-Eidur-Gudjohnsen-Gael-Kakuta-poised-debuts.html#ixzz1ChnQ9o5A

AlFayedsChequebook

Kakuta will definitely be on the bench and hopefully Gudjohnsen will make it too.

BalDrick

Bench at best - Sparky seems to do what RH did, though for not quite as long, and take his time introducing new players. Same XI that started on Sunday, with a possible change at LB, I reckon.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Senior Supporter

I have read elsewhere that Eidur has a neck injury at the moment (someone suggested it was caused by watching the ball fly over his head at Stoke). I don't know whether this is accurate.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

No & No although Kakuta may make the bench.  I am not sure if Gudjohnsen is match fit.

I would not change a winning team but having them on the bench as back up is really good.  Up until now the option of bringing on Kamara / Eddie Johnson / Gera is not really the boost you are looking for.  These two may provide that boost, soon...

Lighthouse

Gudjohnsen is not match fit and is unlikely to be on the bench I would think. Read about the injury but have no idea how up to date these lista are.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 01, 2011, 12:04:17 PM
No & No although Kakuta may make the bench.  I am not sure if Gudjohnsen is match fit.

I would not change a winning team but having them on the bench as back up is really good.  Up until now the option of bringing on Kamara / Eddie Johnson / Gera is not really the boost you are looking for.  These two may provide that boost, soon...

I would say that after Gera's pretty terrible substitute performances thus far, Kakuta has got to be on the bench.

LRCN

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 01, 2011, 12:04:17 PM

yeah, completely agree with this

MrFFC

Kakuta definately be on bench i would think Eidur will be on the bench for Villa
Come on you Whites!! :)

Yarden

I dont think Gudjohnsen has been match fit since 2005..

HatterDon

I don't think we got either player with a view towards having them start. I'd like to see both on the bench -- especially Gudjohnsen, since it should mean that Kamara ISN'T there.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Bench for both at best still think Gera deserves a spell on the pitch.

mrska

Both deserve a place on the bench..  i'd start with the winning side from Sunday.. 

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: mrska on February 01, 2011, 03:45:21 PM

Both deserve a place on the bench..  i'd start with the winning side from Sunday.. 

They don't look particularly happy with the shirt....

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 01, 2011, 04:04:17 PM
Quote from: mrska on February 01, 2011, 03:45:21 PM

They don't look particularly happy with the shirt....

Gudjohnsen is probably worried that the shirt will show off his fat rolls....

Dugliss