watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Old Were You

Started by White Noise, February 01, 2011, 07:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

I was seven years old and the game was against Port Vale in the FA Cup at the Cottage in 1962 while on our way to the semi-finals.  We won 1-0 thanks to a dodgy penalty award concerted by Jimmy Langley.   I got the bug well and truly and my father brought me to the Cottage on a regular basis in the following season and I've been coming ever since.  I've been a season ticket holder now since 1979-80 season.  A bad choice as we were relegated that year ;-)

TW

Burt

6 years old, 1-1 v. Blackburn.

Whiteroom

10. I cant remember the opposition though.

Lighthouse

Old Trafford. I was 9 ,Fulham lost 3-0  and I spent the next few months in hospital with virus or bug that they over medicated and made me worse. From that day to this whenever I am feeling a bit sicky poo which is rare, touch wood, it is called the Fulham Flu.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FC Silver Fox

10   0-0 draw against Liverpool in 1963.

Interesting post this. A lot of us saw the light very young. It just shows that a policy of encouraging young fans to come to the Cottage pays in the long run.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

In the Enclosure

5 to a reserve match
6 for the first team in 1956 - we lived in Fulham so a stroll to the ground

Blingo

epsomraver

15 in 1963 I far as i remember we were playing blackpool, the other team were in orange,as we had B&W TV  in those days it was the blaze of colour and the flags flying on the river side that have stuck in my memory ever since, we should bring the flags back

Shredhead

Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

sipwell

29... we lost an Uefa cup final. As Mr. Airfix pointed out: you can only be a Fulham fan if you have seen them lose. He could have told me earlier, then I would have stayed at home!

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

wadey

11........1966 v leeds united...lost 3-1..bobby robson scored our goal from the penalty spot...hammersmith end

Ed

I was 10, Boxing day treat 1968, never looked back!

ImperialWhite

19, after moving to London from the sticks, in the glory Sanchez years.

gezkc

19 in 1991. Lost 2-0 to Hayes in the FA Cup. Things have improved since those days thankfully!

HappyBobby

Eight or Nine, It would have been late (?) 1951 and either against Everton or Derby County. Both of the early matches I can remember were draws......I think. ( Haynes, Robson, Jezzard ?) I can remember Dave Hickson as an Everton forward (kept falling over) and Billy Bly as the Derby goalie. Perhaps someone out there has info which could tell ME when these matches occured in the '51 /'52 season and put me out of my misery before the Grim Reaper comes to get me.
Living just north of Poole Harbour I can't get to as many matches as I would like ( it would mean leaving home to catch the 1:45 pm coach from Ringwood and not get home until 1:30am tomorrow; for tonights game against Newcastle) so I would like to add a big thank you to whoever posts the web streaming info on the 'net. I've never sat in front of the computer with Sunday dinner on my lap before last Sunday but even enjoyed the gravy stains when Moussa's (fourth) went in.

Back to sleep now.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Happy Bobby

Chopper

11. 3-1 win over Burnley in 1979.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

White Noise

Welcome aboard HappyBobby.

Here are the Fulham v Everton matches -

http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team1id=1055&team2id=942

and here the Fulham v Derby ones -

http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team1id=1055&team2id=747

We will be posting plenty of links later to watch tonights game. You may wish to give the spaghetti bolognese a miss!! :dft012:

Mike

10 in 1973 against Carlisle.

We won 1-0 Mitchell scored and I remember thinking Carlisle had equalised when all of a sudden a blonde haired goalkeeper (Peter Mellor) flew and tipped the ball round the post. It was very exciting, I had only seen a few previous matches at Wembley watching England play in the Home Internationals. We were often we very far away from the pitch with a running track between us and the football. So Craven Cottage was amazing seeing the players so close up.
1879 a good year for football

Sheepskin Junior

i was 6

saw us beat bolton 2-1 at loftus road 6/12/03
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

FulhamRob

8 in May 1982. Fulham v England bizarrely...