News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who Is The Mystery Player Eidur Mentions?

Started by White Noise, February 01, 2011, 08:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.stokecity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/gudjohnsen_tells_of_full_of_himself_city_star_628003/index.shtml

Gudjohnsen Tells Of 'Full Of Himself' City Star

By Dan Buxton Tuesday, 1st February 2011

Mystery surrounds who Icelandic star is talking about in interview with Icelandic radio station

Eidur Gudjohnsen has told of how he rates Potters boss Tony Pulis, the clubs facilities and the squad, apart from one member of the side who 'seemed destined to make this a hard stay for me'.

Gudjohnsen only made five appearances, all from the bench, during his stay with the Potters, which ended last night when the former Chelsea and Barcelona star joined Fulham for the rest of the season after he struggled to get match fit after arriving from Monaco severely out of shape.

The Icelandic icon has today been talking with a radio station in his homeland and had the following to say.

"Stoke is a very decent club but it just didnt work our for me there," said Gudjohnsen.

"The first day I went there I felt something. This was a club I could see myself at and I knew I had to change my playing style and I was very happy when I signed. But after a while I knew something wasnt right, I was away from my family and that made it harder."

"I worked really hard on the training ground but I was getting no game time, so it always felt like I was starting from scratch as each weekend went by. I kept telling myself, all I need is to start one game and i'll show the real me. But it never happened sadly."

"There are some good players at Stoke and the manager is a good premiership manager, however there was one individual who seemed determined to make this a hard stay for me. I have played alongside and trained with Messi, Henry, Ronaldinho, Drogba and others but I have never met an individual so full of himself. If I bumped into him at the training ground, I was worried he would literally explode. And frankly that got on my nerve, he will never be a Messi and he will never play for Barcelona or win the Champions League."

White Noise

I was thinking Big Kenwyne but you must be right. One of the biggest losers ever to step on football pitch.

Dugliss

How about Fuller? He seems as arrogant as they come

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

SmithyFFC

FTID

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jarv

Etherington has been humbled a bit by his own problems I believe. Either Jones or Pennant but I go with Pennant. A nasty little pikey and his place would be in jeopardy if EG was to start, formation change required of course.

Jimpav

Good to see Eidur doing his bit for Fulham/Stoke relations!

In the Enclosure

Stoke message boards reckon it was Ricardo Fuller.
Incidentally checked out Gudjohnsons stats on there - apparently he is slightly taller than Shawcross and slightly shorter than Jones - quite a Big Un for us!

b+w geezer

"Full of..." sounds like a blatant hint that it's Fuller, whose reputation it would moreover fit and whose place might have seemed more threatened than most by EG.

HatterDon

It can't be Kenwynne. Every one of his managers wishes he were more arrogant and less laid back.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SoCalJoe

Was Pennant the one who left-then-forgot his porsche at a train station?

If it wasn't him perhaps Guds quote is a giveaway; "I never met someone so Fuller of himself"
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Jimpav

Wasn't it Fuller that got sent off for slapping one of his own players when they first came up?

Ron Sheepskin

Suggesting that it's Fuller just because "full of" appears in the article may well be a red herring. Given that Guddy is Icelandic, and was being interviewed by an Icelandic radio station, it's a reasonable assumption that the interview wasn't in English, and we're just getting a translation. I'm pretty sure I remember some Icelandic fans cropping up (here or the Offal, not sure which), and it would be interesting to get their take on the original interview.

Personally, I reckon the man of mystery is Pennant, for no other reason than his name is an anagram of 'Complete knobhead'.

Factually that last statement may be wide of the mark, but why let facts get in the way?
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

bog

It has to be Pennant. Has a talent but what a waste of space. Arrogant.   

Chopper

I reckon Fuller too as it is his position that may have been most under threat from Eidar's arrival.

Did he leave for Sunderland or did that not go through in the end.

Pennant is an absolute c0ck, as demonstrated by the Porsche affair, so he's a fair shout.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

FulhamRob

I imagine there's quite a few candidates at Stoke somehow...