watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A good time to play Newcastle ?

Started by FC Silver Fox, February 02, 2011, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

They'll be a bit stunned and disheartened at losing their talisman striker. Its a good time to hit them hard with a convincing win.  Not only will it consolidate our position in the middle of the table but it'll also dishearten them even more and maybe make them lose some self-confidence.  COYW
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

ImperialWhite

I agree - fortunately for the betting man, the bookies (BetFair) disagree. They have us down at evens to win it, at 2.08, which in my opinion is far too generous. That implies we have less than a 50% chance of winning the game tonight! I'm normally a pessismist of the highest order, but we must have a better than 50:50 chance of winning this - over the last 6 home games we've won 4 and drawn 1, scoring 16 and conceding 5.

Tenner duly stuck on us to win this one (if I was feeling braver, I'd put money on us to win-to-nil at 3.6).

http://soccer.betfair.com/

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on February 02, 2011, 12:45:08 PM
I agree - fortunately for the betting man, the bookies (BetFair) disagree. They have us down at evens to win it, at 2.08, which in my opinion is far too generous. That implies we have less than a 50% chance of winning the game tonight! I'm normally a pessismist of the highest order, but we must have a better than 50:50 chance of winning this - over the last 6 home games we've won 4 and drawn 1, scoring 16 and conceding 5.

Tenner duly stuck on us to win this one (if I was feeling braver, I'd put money on us to win-to-nil at 3.6).

http://soccer.betfair.com/

Interesting, if we can continue this upturn in form, the bookies may continue to undervalue us for the rest of the season!

jarv

Definitely a good time but please, not a Fulhamish performance tonight.

Jimpav

I'm worried that we might be a bit to hyped up and expecting big things after demolishing Spurs in less than 30 minutes.

They may have lost Carroll but I think they will have a point to prove.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Jimpav on February 02, 2011, 01:46:01 PM
I'm worried that we might be a bit to hyped up and expecting big things after demolishing Spurs in less than 30 minutes.

They may have lost Carroll but I think they will have a point to prove.

Whilst that is true, Newcastle are missing a lot of players and have a relatively average attack at this point.

I don't think we are overhyping this - we are playing a team that has won once at the cottage over the last 10 years and our home form has started to return to last years levels.

Ag

This is one of those games where you want to put one on the board quickly and give them a reason to fold.  If we let them hang around too long, a Fulhamish result is likely.

Jimpav

Quote from: Ag on February 02, 2011, 02:39:07 PM
This is one of those games where you want to put one on the board quickly and give them a reason to fold.  If we let them hang around too long, a Fulhamish result is likely.

I agree Ag. Don't want another Hull style robbery at the cottage. The sooner we are 2-0 up the better.

HatterDon

We are clearly better than they are. They weren't going to have Carroll in any case. This is a side we should handle easily.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fernhurst

emmmmm .... I am already on record saying we will win 2-0 tonight.

The question was though..... A good time to play Newcastle?.......Didn't know the Newcastle squad is just back from a week long sunshine training break.

I do hope that's not Fulhamish I'm smelling.

Oakeshott

If we could win this game we can start to look upwards. The team is playing well, and the opposition isn't. The players and crowd will be bubbling after Sunday. With the important exception of Bobby (and presuming both Hughsie and Baird are ok) we will be putting out probably the best team and bench we have since we arrived in the Premiership. In short, exactly the ingredients for an excellent evening of football and a decent win.

But I've supported Fulham for a long time and seen too many occasions like this turn sour to be optimistic. Hopeful, yes as always, but not confident, and deep down I expect the worst.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Oakeshott on February 02, 2011, 03:26:02 PM
If we could win this game we can start to look upwards. The team is playing well, and the opposition isn't. The players and crowd will be bubbling after Sunday. With the important exception of Bobby (and presuming both Hughsie and Baird are ok) we will be putting out probably the best team and bench we have since we arrived in the Premiership. In short, exactly the ingredients for an excellent evening of football and a decent win.

But I've supported Fulham for a long time and seen too many occasions like this turn sour to be optimistic. Hopeful, yes as always, but not confident, and deep down I expect the worst.

Terrific summing up of what supporting Fulham is always like...... :045: