watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Charlton 1 v 0 Colchester

Started by Lighthouse, February 02, 2011, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

How many times can a referee change his mind? As many times as he likes. Colchester scored,was it offside? The ref went over to his linesman. Talk and chat and goal given. Then just as they are about to kick off, the ref talks to the 4th official. Suddenly goal disallowed. Now I am confused. Since when is the official on the half way line allowed to comment on offside he couldn't have seen other than on a tv playback.

Have the rules changed? Charlton went on the score and won the game 1-0
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

The BBC report on the incident -

But the visiting team had been incensed by refereeing high farce earlier in the second half that had ultimately seen them denied a goal.

The incident started when Colchester protested after referee Darren Sheldrake ruled out a strike from Steven Gillespie that found the corner of the net.

There was no offside flag and, after consulting his linesman, Sheldrake changed his mind and awarded a goal.

Charlton then protested, with the Addicks bench apparently suggesting to the fourth official that the goal had been ruled out before the ball crossed the line. Sheldrake changed his decision again, ruling out the goal and restarting the match with a drop-ball.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope