watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schwarzer tonight

Started by lamby, February 02, 2011, 11:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamby

I know I am a biased Aussie (and Fulham supporter pre-Schwarzer), but I think Schwarzer showed why he was put straight back in the side. He did a lot of heavy work around the square and really out-muscled Newcastle in there. His Aussie-Rules style 'hip and shoulder' (see below) on the Newcastle player (Best?) was a real 'this is my goal square, you will get hurt if you get too close' showing.

Don't get me wrong, Stockdale did a great job, but Schwarzer is still the best choice.

Example of Aussie Rules 'hip and shoulder' for the un-initiated:

Afl Highlights

LBNo11

...Schwarzer is overall the best goalkeeper I have ever seen at Fulham, but Mark's distribution of the ball i.e. hoofing it up for AJ - or anyone, and hesitancy in his distribution stood out for me tonight...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Scrumpy

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 02, 2011, 11:40:50 PM
...Schwarzer is overall the best goalkeeper I have ever seen at Fulham, but Mark's distribution of the ball i.e. hoofing it up for AJ - or anyone, and hesitancy in his distribution stood out for me tonight...
........but that save in the final few minutes was World Class. He could have been forgiven for switching off after not having too much to do, but showed what a class keeper he is.

His distribution is not actually as good as Stockdales, but he just about shades it. Both are very good keepers.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

sw9white

schwazer is from sydney...

definately not an aussie rules trait!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 02, 2011, 11:40:50 PM

Completely agree, his distribution was off.

HatterDon

I thought his distribution was weak, especially his kicks. I've been impressed by the length and accuracy of Stockdale's distributiion.

I think Hughes made a questionable decision. If I were Stockdale, I'd be wondering what on God's Green Earth I would have to do to keep the gloves.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

Quote from: HatterDon on February 03, 2011, 01:02:23 AM
I thought his distribution was weak, especially his kicks. I've been impressed by the length and accuracy of Stockdale's distributiion.

I think Hughes made a questionable decision. If I were Stockdale, I'd be wondering what on God's Green Earth I would have to do to keep the gloves.

Wait a year or so for Mark to retire.  I like Stockdale a lot but Mark is the #1 and still deserves to be in my opinion.  However,  I do believe Stockdale will unseat him in the near future.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Ag

Also thought he showed better command of the back 4 than Stockdale, but agree that his distribution is poorer.  I think Stockdale's young enough to realize with some patience the #1 shirt will be his in the not too distant future.

Now that he's had this audition, maybe Hughes lets Mark go if someone comes calling again in the summer.

BalDrick

Twice Mark saved us when I fear Stockdale wouldn't have: once shortly after we'd scored when their lad played a diagonal ball into the box, which MS did well to get to by coming off his line quickly, then towards the end that one that went through Hughes' legs. The second really was a world class save and it gained us 2 precious points.

I don't doubt Stockdale will be our #1 soon, but he's not there yet because we've got an absolutely brilliant keeper.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town