watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We'd have lost that game under WOY

Started by SHADY1, February 03, 2011, 10:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHADY1

Make NO mistake Mark HUghes is the man for us ..
We battled hard .. sprung defence to attack at pace, the midfield played it hard and stood up to the Newcastle strong arms tactic..(not dirty but hard) but was still creative ...
The new lad from the Darkside will be a superb addition looked pacey with good control and touch.
Dembelle what a player strong great control and i can't remember the last time he gave the ball away always seems to find someone or create something for himself...
I'm loving the way we are approaching games at the moment far more positive and exciting than under WOY.
I said when he signed it would be great to see attacking football instead of the defence minded stuff under Woy & CC many said it would be at the sacrafice of giving away more goals .. which i reminded many how tough Blackburn and City were to beat under him....

We are moving into another new era and they take time to develope his signing so far all look solid and we've cleared some more dead wood ...

In Hughes I certainly did and still do trust...

while i'm here ... LONG SHOT BUT IF A DARKSIDE TICKET BECOMES AVAILABLE ...feel free to contact me !!!

we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Tom

Fulham for life!

FFCSteve

Under Hodgeson last night the game would have been a draw, with us defending for 70 of the 90 minutes. Now under Sparky it's the other way round, or getting there.  For the first time in along time, we are starting to look like a real threat to whom ever we play, defensively & more importantly in attack. We now have teeth! Sure as an attacking side you lay yourself open to counter attack, but we already had that part of the game covered. I'm loving our style of play now. A true top half club going on recent performances.

I also thought (for the first time yesterday!)... Mark Hughes is now able to stamp his mark on the team & it's starting to show with our performances since Chrimbo.

I'm getting that warm feeling of contentment, & excitement for future games, I haven't had this season.

COYW!!!!!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

leonffc

Im pleased he's getting it right. I always wanted him in and I thought he was unlucky with the injuries.
I was starting to wonder after West Ham on boxing day but I'll put that down to fickleness

The Bronsons

Quote from: SHADY1 on February 03, 2011, 10:38:56 AMwhile i'm here ... LONG SHOT BUT IF A DARKSIDE TICKET BECOMES AVAILABLE ...feel free to contact me !!!

They were announcing last night that there are still tickets available so you should be able to get one from the club.

richie17

Quote from: FFCSteve on February 03, 2011, 12:23:38 PM
Under Hodgeson last night the game would have been a draw, with us defending for 70 of the 90 minutes.

oh come on, that's just not true is it?  We were phenomenal at home under Hodgson, routinely beat teams like Newcastle and also showed good ability to turn around tight games at half time (check the stats on football 365).  We play differently now, and are more interesting to watch, but let's not get too excited.  Anyone would think you're a liverpool fan...

RidgeRider

Quote from: richie17 on February 03, 2011, 01:21:41 PM
Under Hodgeson last night the game would have been a draw, with us defending for 70 of the 90 minutes.

oh come on, that's just not true is it?  We were phenomenal at home under Hodgson, routinely beat teams like Newcastle and also showed good ability to turn around tight games at half time (check the stats on football 365).  We play differently now, and are more interesting to watch, but let's not get too excited.  Anyone would think you're a liverpool fan...

This is sort of a silly thread cause we had our best finish ever under Hodgson and Europa League final and we did that by beating teams at home, as Rich reminds us, so suggesting we would have lost last night under WOY is just plain silly.

Sector9

Don't think  I can agree with you there. I remember dire games such as loosing to Hull mid-week. Mid-week evening games, we used to always screw up!

richie17

Quote from: Sector9 on February 03, 2011, 01:31:21 PM

Don't think  I can agree with you there. I remember dire games such as loosing to Hull mid-week. Mid-week evening games, we used to always screw up!

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/fulham/2009-2010

One 'bad' home result (Stoke, when other things were more important)

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/fulham/2008-2009

A few more, and you're right, a couple of them were midweek, but equally, we beat a lot of teams we shouldn't have

I don't think you can focus on 3/4 iffy home games in 38 home matches really.... especially when there's so much else to recommend about this period (the amazing wins we saw at the Cottage). 

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: richie17 on February 03, 2011, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: Sector9 on February 03, 2011, 01:31:21 PM

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/fulham/2009-2010

One 'bad' home result (Stoke, when other things were more important)

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/fulham/2008-2009

A few more, and you're right, a couple of them were midweek, but equally, we beat a lot of teams we shouldn't have

I don't think you can focus on 3/4 iffy home games in 38 home matches really.... especially when there's so much else to recommend about this period (the amazing wins we saw at the Cottage). 

'The King is dead, long live the King!' rears its ugly head once more.

richie17

just objecting to someone sayign we'd have defended for 80% of the game!

RidgeRider

The suggestion is ridiculous, as if Roy didn't know how to manage a "mid-week match"! I refer back to our results over the past two seasons. "End of" in my mind.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: richie17 on February 03, 2011, 01:44:28 PM
just objecting to someone sayign we'd have defended for 80% of the game!

I was actually backing you there. Now Hughes is doing well everyone is happy to stick the boot into Hodgson.

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12038_6716754,00.html

Tyler's Starting Stat - Fulham's home comforts

I was at Craven Cottage on Wednesday to see Fulham's fifth consecutive home win in all competitions and their third in the Premier League. They'd won 3-0 against West Brom, then 2-0 against Stoke so perhaps we should have guessed the score would be 1-0.

This was the first time in 10 Premier League games this season when Fulham had been level at half-time and gone on to win. On the other nine occasions they'd drawn five and lost four, so Mark Hughes will have been relieved to see Damien Duff's winner in the second half.

That was Duff's fourth goal against Newcastle and his first since leaving the club. He had previously scored against them twice for Chelsea and once for Blackburn. That goal inflicted Newcastle's first Premier League defeat of 2011. Of course, they had lost at Stevenage in the FA Cup and now they've lost at the ground next to Stevenage Road!

Oakeshott

I remember the home loss to Hull only too well. The only ticket I could get was at the Putney end which was mostly occupied by Hull fans. But if that was the nadir under Roy, it was no worse than the loss to West Ham on Boxing Day.

Roy proved himself a really excellent manager in his time with us. Mark Hughes may do even better, but the important word is may: time will tell. To get a few points - even three - from our next three games would provide further evidence of improvement though: we've never done well at Villa in recent years, Chel. are probably as good at the moment as they've been for a while and Man. City are much better than when we played them away under Roy.

BillNRoc

It's hard to argue with results, isn't it? Sidwell and Kakuta appear to be brilliant loans in, and getting Dembele back is almost as good as bringing in a new striker. I remain a little apprehensive about thin cover at center-half, but this team is really starting to look like a top 8 side with few worries about falling into the bottom 3. If that's Sparky's doing, good on him. But don't forget that Roy took us to the Europa League final!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BillNRoc on February 03, 2011, 03:20:48 PM
It's hard to argue with results, isn't it? Sidwell and Kakuta appear to be brilliant loans in, and getting Dembele back is almost as good as bringing in a new striker. I remain a little apprehensive about thin cover at center-half, but this team is really starting to look like a top 8 side with few worries about falling into the bottom 3. If that's Sparky's doing, good on him. But don't forget that Roy took us to the Europa League final!

I dont think we have thin cover at centre half. We have Baird and Halliche with Senderos coming back. In fact I think we are sorted in that area for a few years to come.

FFCSteve

Well excuse my enthusiasm! Don't tell me how I should feel!

I am of course talking in the context of how close the league is THIS year. Roy was definitely a more defensive minded manager & the figure I gave was indeed exaggerated. I'm not a Hodgeson fan anymore!
At the end of the day, my opinion is.... we would have drawn!

You sound more like the Liverpool fan, harping on about the past!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

SmithyFFC

'We'd have lost that game under WOY'.

Completey disagree with that, but a wins a win and thats what important.
FTID