watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Damien Duff Celebration

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, February 03, 2011, 11:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

I noticed last night he was pretty over the top in his celebration. I know he has 'history' with Newcastle but he really seems to be loving Fulham.

I wonder if you asked him to rank the clubs he has played at, where Fulham would place?

Fulham_Adam

The past is told by those who win.

The Bronsons

He was getting a lot of stick from the Stony Brokes in the away end, and hadn't scored for a year. I think the reaction was a mix of relief, anger and adrenalin. Fun to see though!

finnster01

Newcastle hates him after he scored the (own) goal that got them relegated. He got a lot of stick from his own fans  after that. Very similar to Riise Sr when the cesspool fans turned on him after scoring the spectacular diving own-goal header in injury time against Chelsea and sending Liverpool out of the CL.

Similar to Zamora "pre-revival" times, Duff carried quite a bit of anger towards his own fans (at Newcastle) so I am not surprised at all to see him celebrate like that.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I my experience badge kissers never stay long - I now expect Duff to leave us in the summer...

finnster01

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 03, 2011, 01:28:22 PM
I my experience badge kissers never stay long - I now expect Duff to leave us in the summer...
I hope you are very wrong on this one Mr Edward. Remember Hangeland kissed his too earlier...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

supersub

Just found this on a Newcastle messageboard. Anyone notice this at the end?

"And did any of you see the rough treatment some of our players were giving Duff during the game? And did anyone see Joey Barton body check Duff after the final whistle? I was surprise Duff didn't make a big deal about it, I know many other players that would have."

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I wouldn't be surprised to see footage of Robbie Keane kissing the Hammers badge last night!

Of course there is no clause in his contract allowing him to leave his beloved Hammers on the cheap if a Premiership club comes in for him after West Ham are relegated...

timmyg

Ehh. To me he continues to celebrate like a robot -- seriously, he's the least fluid dude I've ever seen.

I would pay to see him salsa dance.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

that goal was fluid enough :yay:

Hazey

From watching on the net he was pointing to the badge and saying "You see this, this is what it's f*kcing all about..."

Anyone a better lip reader?

Anyways, a well deserved goal as he has been preety darn good the last month I reckon.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Hazey on February 03, 2011, 05:48:57 PM
From watching on the net he was pointing to the badge and saying "You see this, this is what it's f*kcing all about..."

Anyways, a well deserved goal as he has been preety darn good the last month I reckon.

I thought you were in foreign climes doing good and easing our collective conscience. Now we have more guilt and angst before the trip to Villa. The current Mrs Short works in the local College for the Deaf and you are about right.

HatterDon

Quote from: Hazey on February 03, 2011, 05:48:57 PM

That's pretty much how I viewed it also, Hazey. I'm not much on badge kissing, but I think there was a lot of "in your face" rage about his treatment by the Toon's supporters -- up there and at CC. I quite liked the reaction. It made me stop worrying about the result -- for about 45 seconds.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 03, 2011, 02:13:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see footage of Robbie Keane kissing the Hammers badge last night!

Of course there is no clause in his contract allowing him to leave his beloved Hammers on the cheap if a Premiership club comes in for him after West Ham are relegated...

When I was a child, my favourite club was
[ ]Tottenham
[ ]Celtic
[ ]West Ham

cebu

Tut, tut Mr Fulham. You forgot Liverpool in that list.

Btw, doesn't the whole kissing thing remind you of politicians kissing babies?   :dft006:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: cebu on February 03, 2011, 11:06:05 PM
Tut, tut Mr Fulham. You forgot Liverpool in that list.

Ah, damned. Thanks, Mr cebu, sir! :54: