watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele Wants To Be A Fulham Legend

Started by White Noise, February 03, 2011, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/4999/9/dembele-targets-legendary-status-fulham

Dembele targets legendary status at Fulham

By Alex Prior

Thursday, February 3

Fulham's in-form striker Moussa Dembele hopes his performances for the club can make him a legend in west London.

The Belgium international has been one of the Cottagers stand-out performers this season, the culmination of which saw the 23-year-old score a scintillating individual goal against Tottenham in the fourth-round of the FA Cup.

The £5m signing from AZ Alkmaar put in another strong display in Wednesday's win against Newcastle and is hoping his fine form continues so he can write his name into the Craven Cottage history books.

"
I want to be an important player for this club and one they talk about for years to come
"
Moussa Dembele
"Hopefully I can make the fans very happy because I want to be an important player for this club and one they talk about for years to come," he said.

"I'm here to make a difference and I believe I can help this club move forward. "I have always had complete faith in my ability and knew that I could compete at this level.

"We're on a good run of form at the moment and we want to keep that going for as long as possible."

Burt

I hope he succeeds!

Be great to see him carve out a long and successful career here, and resist the lure of the so-called larger clubs...

duffbeer

Sounding like Mr. Sipwell knew what he was talking about when he said Dembele would stay for a while.  Good to hear.

Tom

I like this guy more and more every day. How long of a contract did he sign?
Fulham for life!

finnster01

Quote from: Tom on February 03, 2011, 09:37:17 PM
3 years I believe
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mccscratch

Things that I have been very encouraged by...

I was worried about him being injury prone because of his playing style (we saw another nasty challenge yesterday) but it seems his silky movement means it is tough to get a good hard challenge on him and he is built pretty solid.

I was worried that teams would figure out his little ducks and feints on his left but they have not appeared to yet.

I have been very impressed with his ability to take in difficult balls under pressure and maintain possession while having to shield the ball... I remarked yesterday that he uses his upper body excellently much like Brede does...

He is not super fast but he is quick out of a move in shifting his weight and going at the same speed... lots of guys can be tricky on the ball but they cant explode out of it to create space, he does this well...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Mr Fulham

'Til 2013. Too short, if you ask me. NUFC or Wet Spam offer 5-year deals for players like that. For instance, Ben Arfa is tied until 2016!

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on February 03, 2011, 09:43:51 PM
3 years I believe

Thanks finnster.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: Mr Fulham on February 03, 2011, 10:02:58 PM

'Til 2013. Too short, if you ask me. NUFC or Wet Spam offer 5-year deals for players like that. For instance, Ben Arfa is tied until 2016!
I say we extend the contract a couple years.
Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

Hes well on the way to that status already, hopefully we can hang onto him in the summer  :54:
FTID

NogoodBoyo

A nice read.
Nogood "that would feel good in brail" Boyo

ron

...and the best of it all is that he's only 23 years old.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ron on February 03, 2011, 11:55:53 PM

f*ck me he is my age. Wow.

AlFayedsChequebook

I hadnt noticed this before but you can tell he is a bit special in that he has had 31 apps for Belgium and he is only 23. Considering that Belgium have not been to a major tournament in his international career, that is very good going. If they make some Euro Champs or WC's over the next few years, he could get close to 100 caps.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on February 04, 2011, 12:05:55 AM

I said the same thing when we hired Roy. Then I discovered that he was actually younger than me!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nevzter

Quote from: HatterDon on February 04, 2011, 12:26:33 AM

I said the same thing when we hired Roy. Then I discovered that he was actually younger than me!

:011:

funny $hit - gave me a good chuckle, thanks, HD.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Tom

Quote from: nevzter on February 04, 2011, 05:53:26 AM

+1
Fulham for life!

Ed

Judging by recent events, KD and Gera, Fulham put in automatic contract extensions dependent on certain qualifications. I think that once he's played 'x' amount of games we will be able to stick another year on his contract. I hope so!!

Blingo

Quote from: Tom on February 04, 2011, 05:56:56 AM
Quote from: nevzter on February 04, 2011, 05:53:26 AM

+1

+2 made me lol

bigalffc

The early signs are good and I like his aspirations, but still too soon for me to decide, maybe by the end of the season if he stays clear of injury and continues to perform I might be tempted to up his status to 'definite starter'
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum